Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Scotland - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    I think the Scots have an inferiority complex against the English. 

I mean they've not had much to shout about since Bannockburn in June 1314 so I guess that's why they pour into London at every opportunity - ticket or not - they just wanna make some noise.
  • Options
    Shaw and James coming in for Walker and Trippier. Happy with that
    Where've you seen that?
  • Options
    Supposedly Shaw and James are both starting so it looks like we’ll be playing attacking football.
  • Options
    They all come down and took the piss last night, without realising it’s gonna smash it down all day and no pub in London will let them in. About sums them up. Hope we give them an absolute hiding but you know it never works that way. I can only see a nervy game and a lacklustre performance. 
    Isn't that the usual team talk- let's go 'nervy and lacklustre!'. 
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Scotland are going to get stuck in I think we should play Grealish instead of Sterling simply as he will love tacking the piss and winning free kicks.

Then Sterling can come on when they are knackered.
    I'd play Grealish, but I don't think this Scotland team are especially physical. The days of Souness, Duncan Ferguson or Joe Jordan are long gone, while their best defenders Tierney and Robertson are about attacking play and mobility, rather than hard tackling
  • Options
    They all come down and took the piss last night, without realising it’s gonna smash it down all day and no pub in London will let them in. About sums them up. Hope we give them an absolute hiding but you know it never works that way. I can only see a nervy game and a lacklustre performance. 
    Pubs will let them in of course, they need the custom and can make a fortune today.
    Seen a few outside a pub in near Victoria before 8am🤣
    Problems will come when English fans start meeting up this afternoon. Hope I'm wrong but I see trouble ahead 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We batter the battered Mars bar eating, irn bru drinking, skirt wearing , ginger twunts and they end up with a Scottish goalkeeper style howler from pickford who looks like he eats battered Mars bars , drinks irn bru,  wears a skirt and is ginger , he’s one of them fffs 
    Still laughing at this
  • Options
    Shaw and James coming in for Walker and Trippier. Happy with that
    Where've you seen that?
    Article on The Athletic mate, generally reliable 
  • Options
    Pubs will let them in of course, they need the custom and can make a fortune today.
    Problems will come when English fans start meeting up this afternoon. Hope I'm wrong but I see trouble ahead 
    I think the weather will save the police at lot of hassle today. I was led to believe that the headlines will be ‘Off the pitch’ events rather than ‘on the pitch’ events by someone in the Met, but weather might change that.
  • Options
    Currently in the car heading down to sunny Cornwall

Just need a routine 9-0 win to make a nice start to the break!! 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I think the weather will save the police at lot of hassle today. I was led to believe that the headlines will be ‘Off the pitch’ events rather than ‘on the pitch’ events by someone in the Met, but weather might change that.
    The headlines tomorrow will probably be Coviditiots with pictures of English fans. Never mind stopping 20000 fans with no tickets travelling to London 
  • Options
    I expect England to be unchanged and for Scotland to make a few changes, Tierney and Forrest in, and to be much better than they were against the Czechs when the strikers let them down .. England to win after a very hard fought game
  • Options
    That Croatia result has really given us a lot of freedom. We have a rare situation where there's lots of competition for places and there's an argument for most players in most positions. That means we can do a bit of a change-up today - switch the full backs, switch the wide men - and not lose a lot of capability. Then hopefully we can win this and do a full rotate against Czech Republic and rest our key players ahead of the next round. I think there's a bit more pressure on us to get 3 points today given very few of the top teams have dropped points or suffered upsets, but we can do it today.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Had a couple of mates coming over to watch it but have had to cancel as my wife has to self isolate. Gutted but at least I’ve still got loads of beer and crisps to keep me company. Really looking forward to the game 
    You are Matt Southall and I claim my free Range Rover! Are you following the match on a super dooper mobile phone :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’d be happy with James and Shaw starting. Both can get forward but more importantly can defend. That should allow Philips to go box to box again but also gives Mount and the two wide men the freedom to roam and be hard to pick up. Scotland will be very rigid when then haven’t got the ball but they need to get something so hopefully we can hit them on the counter, which usually sees England at their best.
  • Options
    I’m going for 3-1 to the Englanders!
  • Options
    I’d be happy with James and Shaw starting. Both can get forward but more importantly can defend. That should allow Philips to go box to box again but also gives Mount and the two wide men the freedom to roam and be hard to pick up. Scotland will be very rigid when then haven’t got the ball but they need to get something so hopefully we can hit them on the counter, which usually sees England at their best.
    I know they'll be watching a better standard of football than they're used to but surely they won't be that excited?
  • Options
    I’m going for 3-1 to the Englanders!
    3-1 sterling to score 1st is 66/1 with sky.
    I've done that and correct score bet 3-0
  • Options
    Cannot wait for tonight, Friday night, England v Scotland in a major tournament, beers in the fridge ready and waiting.
  • Options
    England Scotland from 1996 is on ITV4 now.  First 10 minutes was about the press salvaging El Tel and Gazza all week in the press 🤣🤣
  • Options
    Thankfully, The Mitre Greenwich have just confirmed they’ve moved my groups table indoors due to the weather. 
    Have one for me.  Love that pub.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Supposedly Shaw and James are both starting so it looks like we’ll be playing attacking football.

If James plays it could well be to negate Robertson or Tierney but Shaw is a great attacking LB so would give some great width on that flank unlike when the competent but restrained Trippier played on the wrong side.