Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Scotland - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2021
    As a neutral I’m really looking forward to this. I really love Scottish people but absolutely detest their football team. Cheating bastards who twice stopped us qualifying for the World Cup. I hope they lose every game! Am I bitter and twisted. Too right I am. 
  • Options
    Would say the rain has been steady rather than torrential
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    They all come down and took the piss last night, without realising it’s gonna smash it down all day and no pub in London will let them in. About sums them up. Hope we give them an absolute hiding but you know it never works that way. I can only see a nervy game and a lacklustre performance. 
    Seen the absolute creature who got flattened by a moped? Hope that's just a sign of things to come in the match this evening!
    To be fair, I think it was more a case of him flattening the moped 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    They all come down and took the piss last night, without realising it’s gonna smash it down all day and no pub in London will let them in. About sums them up. Hope we give them an absolute hiding but you know it never works that way. I can only see a nervy game and a lacklustre performance. 
    Seen the absolute creature who got flattened by a moped? Hope that's just a sign of things to come in the match this evening!
    To be fair, I think it was more a case of him flattening the moped 
    An old rugby league shoulder charge
  • Options
    Currently in the car heading down to sunny Cornwall

Just need a routine 9-0 win to make a nice start to the break!! 
    Eyes on the road mate
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Would say the rain has been steady rather than torrential
     It's monsoon like in deepest Essex at the moment!

Set fair for the Jocks!
  • Options
    I see the jocks have bought the bloody weather down with them!
  • Options
    I see the jocks have bought the bloody weather down with them!
    Just watching a live broadcast from Glasgow and it is sunny up there, they should have stayed at home.
  • Options
    I think the Scots have an inferiority complex against the English. 

I mean they've not had much to shout about since Bannockburn in June 1314 so I guess that's why they pour into London at every opportunity - ticket or not - they just wanna make some noise.
    One big memory from going to Wembley in 1996 for the Scotland as a 12 year old was seeing about 2 or 3 of the same Scottish guys on the tube both ways, absolutely giving it large on the way there and deathly quiet on the way back.

Was very satisfying.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hate playing Scotland. If we lose, it’s unbearable. If we win, it’s so-so….unless it’s 5-0. 
  • Options
    Been sent footage of the Scottish fans in London - I doubt there is a single sober one - all very jovial at moment, but I fear trouble tonight, especially as the English hoolies haven’t had any opportunities for trouble for over a year - all these drunk Scots are easy targets for them
  • Options
    Fans are everywhere today. Seems quite jovial atm. Saw 6 England lads drinking in west Smithfield earlier and a group of jocks turned the corner. They leapt up sing “Scotland get battered….”
    all good natured 
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Fans are everywhere today. Seems quite jovial atm. Saw 6 England lads drinking in west Smithfield earlier and a group of jocks turned the corner. They leapt up sing “Scotland get battered….”
    all good natured 
    Out of interest, has the taxi trade improved now ?

I was in London a few weeks back, and it looked a lot busier

I remember those photos in 2020 of taxis parked up in fields because of almost no business
  • Options
    I would expect a change or 2 in midfield to keep legs fresh for later in the tournament. If not then a change or 2 at half time.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    I do understand how the Scots think the media are obsessed with 66 and they are sick of the coverage being so Anglo-centric, similarly I find the narrative around 'plucky Scotland' drives me mad, they literally just have to turn up and their 'brave brave Scotland', it does my head in.

I feels sometimes that even if it was 9-0 to England we would have to endure hours of 'if that half chance had been tucked away in the first minute and 8 of the goals had missed then it would have been a different story'.

To my many Scottish friends, some of which are on here, I hope we royally gub you today and you can shove your boogie boogie up your arse! 
    If I hear that boogie boogie one more time I might crack.
    Hope England sing boogie you can boogie up the road

• Options
    edited June 2021
    They will be boogieing back to Scotland very soon. Think of that when you next hear it and it will become more amusing than irritating.
  • Options
    They will be boogieing back to Scotland very soon. Think of that when you next hear it and it will become more amusing than irritating.
    I am lol I'm even singing it in Scottish accent
  • Options
    Hate playing Scotland. If we lose, it’s unbearable. If we win, it’s so-so….unless it’s 5-0. 
    This, would love to see us hammer them. Still remember 96 McAllister’s  pen we were still celebrating the save when Gazza broke for the second, great day and tournament.

I am not confident, probably because I have become accustomed to Charlton’s inability in games against our closest rivals. 

• Options
    This, would love to see us hammer them. Still remember 96 McAllister’s  pen we were still celebrating the save when Gazza broke for the second, great day and tournament.

I am not confident, probably because I have become accustomed to Charlton’s inability in games against our closest rivals. 

England W48 D25 L41 - not a great record
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

fuck me scary team that :wink:

TBF Scotland have improved alot in recent years and knowing its never easy for England i am not going to be singing or dancing until the final whistle. 

Buzzing for the match, think we win 3-1 Kane to batter your defense 
  • Options
    I'm so confident England will win that I'm struggling to get excited for the game.

Would love a close game for a bit of excitement but I'm afraid it'll be a walk in the park for England. Some of the Scotland side would struggle to get into the Charlton first 11 ffs!
  • Options

I did see us hammer them in 1963 🎼 9-3 to the Engerland, 9-3 to the Engerland, can we play you every week 🎼 😈.
  • Options
    Think this could be a more difficult game than people are expecting. I know on paper we should beat them but they’ll be up for this game more than any other. An early England goal would be great to settle nerves but the longer it stays 0 0 (or they go ahead) the more they could grow into the game. I’ll settle for a shitty 1 0 win if I’m honest.
  • Options
    I was going to post this after the game but I will probably be to pissed. 
    So I'll post it now.

Rod Stewart 
    Sean Connery 
    Jimmy Krankie 
    Nicola Sturgeon 
    Cafcdave. 

Your boys are gonna get one hell of a beating.
    You forgot Mel Gibson 😉
    I sincerely apologise 😉
  • Options
    how fcuking annoying is that boogie woogie song
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    how fcuking annoying is that boogieing woogie song
    Very, but not as bad as ‘Glad all over’ 😈
  • Options

England W48 D25 L41 - not a great record
    A lot better than Charlton’s against our closest rivals!