Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Scotland - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Hate playing Scotland. If we lose, it’s unbearable. If we win, it’s so-so….unless it’s 5-0. 
    This, would love to see us hammer them. Still remember 96 McAllister’s  pen we were still celebrating the save when Gazza broke for the second, great day and tournament.

I am not confident, probably because I have become accustomed to Charlton’s inability in games against our closest rivals. 

England W48 D25 L41 - not a great record
    Hang on a minute , you’re going back to 1872! Yes it was fairly even up until about 1970 since when Scottish and English football was affected by the introduction of overseas players with home grown talent being stifled. The Scots suffering more than the English, so the present run of results is far more relevant than those of the distant past 😉.

ps In the last 40 years there’s been 16 matches, England winning 10 drawing 3 and losing 3.
  • Options
    I was going to post this after the game but I will probably be to pissed. 
    So I'll post it now.

Rod Stewart 
    Sean Connery 
    Jimmy Krankie 
    Nicola Sturgeon 
    Cafcdave. 

Your boys are gonna get one hell of a beating.
    You forgot Mel Gibson 😉
    And Taggart 
  • Options
    I'm just waiting to drop the line "There's been a murderrr!" (hopefully, after the right result!) 
  • Options
    Am loving the footage of Scotland fans "enjoying" themselves in London. Hilarious stuff and good luck to them! Popped into spoons in Crawley earlier and there was a table of fellas getting pissed and playing that boogie song on their phones. Good natured stuff, but I'd be amazed if they make it to the game - the had 4 tickets apparently. They were well on their way if y'know what I mean haha! England should win this one comfortably, but I reckon we might get a scare along the way. 3-1
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Hate playing Scotland. If we lose, it’s unbearable. If we win, it’s so-so….unless it’s 5-0. 
    This, would love to see us hammer them. Still remember 96 McAllister’s  pen we were still celebrating the save when Gazza broke for the second, great day and tournament.

I am not confident, probably because I have become accustomed to Charlton’s inability in games against our closest rivals. 

Hang on a minute , you’re going back to 1872! Yes it was fairly even up until about 1970 since when Scottish and English football was affected by the introduction of overseas players with home grown talent being stifled. The Scots suffering more than the English, so the present run of results is far more relevant than those of the distant past 😉.

ps In the last 40 years there’s been 16 matches, England winning 13 drawing 3 and losing 3.

thats 19
  • Options
    Hate these games

all the expectation is on us  - just glad it is not the first game as Scotland need to come out and attack rather than defending for the point
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    RedChaser said:

ps In the last 40 years there’s been 16 matches, England winning 13 drawing 3 and losing 3.

thats 19
    Good spot! Amended to winning 10 🤓.
  • Options
    What time is the team sheet released? 
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    What time is the team sheet released? 
    Usually hour or so before the game
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    IdleHans said:
    RedChaser said:

thats 19
    Good spot! Amended to winning 10 🤓.
    Now you are 85 years old mate you are allowed the odd mistake 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Couldn’t find my abacus 😉, cue @ElfsborgAddick 👴🏻
  • Options
    Bloody Jocks are on the pitch already, live scenes from Wembley below:

• Options
    YTS1978 said:
    Am loving the footage of Scotland fans "enjoying" themselves in London. Hilarious stuff and good luck to them! Popped into spoons in Crawley earlier and there was a table of fellas getting pissed and playing that boogie song on their phones. Good natured stuff, but I'd be amazed if they make it to the game - the had 4 tickets apparently. They were well on their way if y'know what I mean haha! England should win this one comfortably, but I reckon we might get a scare along the way. 3-1
    I'll never get that.

Get pissed last night, have a couple of drinks before the game, get pissed afterwards etc, but why drink all day and risk missing the game?  Or not being able to remember it at all?
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    I'll never get that.

Get pissed last night, have a couple of drinks before the game, get pissed afterwards etc, but why drink all day and risk missing the game?  Or not being able to remember it at all?
    If it finishes 8-0 they’ll be glad not to remember it!
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    I'll never get that.

To be fair it's a bit like us playing the Spanners, best not being able to remember the game 😋.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Fans are everywhere today. Seems quite jovial atm. Saw 6 England lads drinking in west Smithfield earlier and a group of jocks turned the corner. They leapt up sing “Scotland get battered….”
    all good natured 
    Out of interest, has the taxi trade improved now ?

I was in London a few weeks back, and it looked a lot busier

I remember those photos in 2020 of taxis parked up in fields because of almost no business
    Getting better but a long way from what it was. With so many office workers at home, barely any tourists and theatres & restaurants with limited capacity it will be some time yet 
  • Options
    Are England Charlton and Scotland Millwall?
  • Options
    Gilmour to start for the Jocks.
  • Options
    Have we scored yet?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gilmour to start for the Jocks.
    Tidy player but much better with the ball than without. Hopefully he doesn’t  see much of it today.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

I bet most of those in the picture still haven’t had a wash. 
  • Options
    Macronate said:

I bet most of those in the picture still haven’t had a wash. 
    Or wearing a mask.
  • Options
    Great shout @Redhenry
  • Options
    3-0 England, but this game was made for grealish. Why do we need Rice and Phillips, it is Scotland ffs
  • Options

• Options
    I echo those thoughts
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Happy with that
    Grealish as an impact sub :)
  • Options
    We are 2nd in this group, Southgate out