Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Scotland - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    England Scotland from 1996 is on ITV4 now.  First 10 minutes was about the press salvaging El Tel and Gazza all week in the press 🤣🤣
    They showed a bit last night on BBC, Jimmy Hill at H/T said they should take Gazza off.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    England Scotland from 1996 is on ITV4 now.  First 10 minutes was about the press salvaging El Tel and Gazza all week in the press 🤣🤣
    They showed a bit last night on BBC, Jimmy Hill at H/T said they should take Gazza off.
    I saw that and noticed both BBC and ITV had full teams of pundits in the ground, I am sure I watched it live on ITV but it was in a night club so not 100% sure. 
  • Options
    I rate Shaw but I really like Chilwell. 

I wonder why he can’t get a look in.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

I'm happy with either to be honest. It's right back I'm more concerned about once we qualify.
    Trippier, Walker or RJ up against Mbappe. Whomever is chosen I feel sorry for. 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

I'm happy with either to be honest. It's right back I'm more concerned about once we qualify.
    Roger Johnson against Mbappe would be an interesting contest! 

• Options
    Laddick01 said:

Roger Johnson against Mbappe would be an interesting contest! 

Was lazy of me sorry lol
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

I think the French might change it up and put Mbappe on the right. We think we have exciting talent but they've got Dembele and Coman on the bench. I'm not sure Griezmann will play RW all tournament, can see him being dropped or moving centrally with Mbappe being moved to the right. 
  • Options
    One minute I think we will smash them 3 or 4 nil. The next I can see it being nervy and tight and a 1-1 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

I think the French might change it up and put Mbappe on the right. We think we have exciting talent but they've got Dembele and Coman on the bench. I'm not sure Griezmann will play RW all tournament, can see him being dropped or moving centrally with Mbappe being moved to the right. 
    Has he played on the right much I don't recall. I think England are weaker on the right side in my opinion 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Laddick01 said:

I think we'll see all of them, Chilwell will likely start against Czech Republic. I personally prefer Chilwell as well, sometimes he was Chelsea's best attacking outlet in games this season, but Shaw has had a pretty excellent season so I can see why Southgate feels it's time to put him in. Player of the season at LB for the team that finished 2nd in the Prem earns you a starting spot in most international teams
  • Options
    Scottish version of the Haka. 
    That reminds me of the year that the Scottish fans were banned from travelling on the underground. Dad was driving us to Wembley to watch the England v Scotland match and as we were travelling along a side road, we came across a group of Scottish supporters in kilts and as we passed them they did exactly as shown in the picture. They didn't have anything on under their kilts : :)

• Options
    Is that a would Ya, it's no from me. 
  • Options
    Maybe someone on here can answer this - unlike Cardiff, the Wembley roof does not completely close - the rain today is torrential, and will continue all day - is there a risk of postponement due to water logged pitch, or do they have a cover over the pitch they use at Wembley ?
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Has he played on the right much I don't recall. I think England are weaker on the right side in my opinion 

Plays down the right or centre for PSG because of Neymar. To be honest I didn't think he'd play down the left for France but then they brought Benzema back in. Strong options either way, if it's working they'll obviously keep it but Coman can play LW so I can see that being the front 3 later on. 

I'm not sure England are weaker down the right, all 5 full-backs are very good players, and they can all defend as well as get forward. It's tight either way. 
  • Options
    got message
    not 100% but heard yesterday it was same team but Walker and Trippier out, James and Chilwell in...
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Plays down the right or centre for PSG because of Neymar. To be honest I didn't think he'd play down the left for France but then they brought Benzema back in. Strong options either way, if it's working they'll obviously keep it but Coman can play LW so I can see that being the front 3 later on. 

I'm not sure England are weaker down the right, all 5 full-backs are very good players, and they can all defend as well as get forward. It's tight either way. 
    Walker is probably our quickest RB but he looked a bit ropey a few times against Croatia. Its a tough decision for the manager to make, glad it ain't me, but I think if we play France or Portugal they will attack that RB
  • Options
    Back to England v Scotland at Wembley.
    It's going to be wet wet wet, and my son saw Scotland play in a monsoon at Hampden and score 5 goals.  
    The Scottish lads love rain and we underestimate this Fried mars bar team at our peril. As England won our first game for the first time in the Euro's I expect Scotland to get a point in a 2-2 draw. Plenty of mistakes but full blooded and robust tackling.

Southgate will be photoshopped as a big nosed Worzel Gummidge on social media for picking the wrong team until some bright spark notices we have 4 points and have already qualified.

He then plays all 3 keepers as his back 3 and puts Walker in goal for the match against the Czech's. Gareth Southgate insists he has picked a side to win. Unfortunately we beat the Czech's 1-0 and play Portugal at Wembley in the knock out as group winners.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe someone on here can answer this - unlike Cardiff, the Wembley roof does not completely close - the rain today is torrential, and will continue all day - is there a risk of postponement due to water logged pitch, or do they have a cover over the pitch they use at Wembley ?

Considering they didn't postpone the game when a player had a heart attack and died on the pitch I doubt UEFA will be calling it off for weather.
  • Options
    Hoping to see a good performance from Foden today. If he can win that battle vs that Scotland left side we'll be laughing
  • Options
    Scots go for a young midfield pairing

young fans at Glasgow Central on Thursday
  • Options
    Back to England v Scotland at Wembley.
    It's going to be wet wet wet, and my son saw Scotland play in a monsoon at Hampden and score 5 goals.  
    The Scottish lads love rain and we underestimate this Fried mars bar team at our peril. As England won our first game for the first time in the Euro's I expect Scotland to get a point in a 2-2 draw. Plenty of mistakes but full blooded and robust tackling.

Useful back line.
    Wet Wet Wet open up on Marti Pellows departure and life after superstar  singer - Daily Record
  • Options

Considering they didn't postpone the game when a player had a heart attack and died on the pitch I doubt UEFA will be calling it off for weather.
    Actually that does strike me as a very UEFA thing to do honestly.
  • Options
    A rousing chorus of 'Donald Where's Yer Troosers'

fans at Edinburgh Waverley station on Friday
  • Options
    Be watching in the Sidcup Rec club as always - will b buzzing - very confident about this - England just have to be professional anc I can’t see they have enough to bother us - side as first game other than a proper left back and I can only see us winning - if we go 1 down to a freak goal then we can overload them with attacking talent - just can’t see them holding out if we decide to unleash grealish etc on them 
  • Options
    Going pub tonight and can’t remember the last Matchday I’ve been buzzing in anticipation of a game ahead. 

I was pretty fired up for Fleetwood back in February.
  • Options
    They all come down and took the piss last night, without realising it’s gonna smash it down all day and no pub in London will let them in. About sums them up. Hope we give them an absolute hiding but you know it never works that way. I can only see a nervy game and a lacklustre performance. 
    Seen the absolute creature who got flattened by a moped? Hope that's just a sign of things to come in the match this evening!