Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Czech Republic - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Grealish off?? The fuck. Unless he's being rested to start the next match
    Or he’s gone to 433 to see how Bellingham does in Mounts role as Mount will be out for the R16?
    I think Mount would be back if we play on the Tuesday 
    Dazzler21 said:
    Croydon said:
    Or he’s gone to 433 to see how Bellingham does in Mounts role as Mount will be out for the R16?
    Isn't he back on Monday?
    Southgate said that even the R16 game might be too soon for Mount etc. what with only just returning to training before the game itself 
    No way will he leave his Son out of the team.
  • Options
    Do have to wonder how shit he must have been in training no to get any minutes so far when Rashford has come on twice, Saka has started ahead of him, Sterling has played all 3 games etc.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Didn't realise Mount would be out tbf, thought it was just this eve.
    I was guessing tbf 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    They're professionals, they should be able to keep a level of fitness to at least be options from the bench.
    Guess you've got game plans / formations / shapes they'll be working on ahead of whoever they play as well
    Whilst they can't practice those physically I see no reason for them to not be run through them over video calls.
  • Options
    We are so much better going forward because slab head is playing at the back, funny old game Saint. 
  • Options
    On the plus side, Maguire has made a good return.
  • Options
    Going through the motions here

All three games have been played like we're trying to save ourselves for the harder games to come - Just hope as a result we dont see them blowing out of their arses come HT on Tuesday 
  • Options
    Seriously what the fuck?

Mings now? 
  • Options
    Scots definitely out now 3-1 down

• Options
    I guess Gilmour was important 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is where England fall down. 

Game is crying out for a sub but Southgate will leave it for 15 minutes and we'll either concede or be under the cosh for the entire time. 
    2 minutes later Southgate has made a double sub. Can you not at least try and watch the game without being determined to moan every 30 seconds? Cheer up, we're winning
    Bringing on an out of form Rashford rather than one of the best form wingers in the world. 

Yes I am watching. 
    'Southgate will leave the subs for 15 minutes' - Southgate makes two subs immediately - 'not THAT one I'm still right!!'
    Bloody hell, you don't deserve a summer of free football. You seem to take so much pleasure in praying Southgate fails I sometimes wonder if you're Andreas Kopke
    A question for you, has there ever been an England game in this tournament where Southgate's subs have turned us into a better side? 

I'd argue no. It needs to be looked at before the knockout stages. 
  • Options
    philcafc said:

So gutted for them…
  • Options
    Stones looked a bit wrecked, wonder if he'd picked up an injury?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Seriously what the fuck?

Mings now? 
    Southgate trying to ensure we end up in the harder half of the draw
  • Options
    philcafc said:

Never mind they'll come good in 2046.
  • Options
    philcafc said:

So gutted for them…
    Won the world cup on Friday, so wouldn't feel too sad for them.
  • Options
    This second half of football has felt like a friendly. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Seriously what the fuck?

Mings now? 
    Southgate trying to ensure we end up in the harder half of the draw
    He should take Pickford off for Sancho to make certain. 
  • Options
    Said it might be better to watch the Jocks.

Croatia now in 2nd place due to GD. They've scored more in 1 game than we've got in 3. 

• Options
    Seiriously. Has anything of note actually happened in the last 35minutes?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nope.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    As it stands, Croatia second and Czech Rep third on goals scored.
  • Options

Game is crying out for a sub but Southgate will leave it for 15 minutes and we'll either concede or be under the cosh for the entire time. 
    2 minutes later Southgate has made a double sub. Can you not at least try and watch the game without being determined to moan every 30 seconds? Cheer up, we're winning
    Bringing on an out of form Rashford rather than one of the best form wingers in the world. 

Yes I am watching. 
    'Southgate will leave the subs for 15 minutes' - Southgate makes two subs immediately - 'not THAT one I'm still right!!'
    Bloody hell, you don't deserve a summer of free football. You seem to take so much pleasure in praying Southgate fails I sometimes wonder if you're Andreas Kopke
    A question for you, has there ever been an England game in this tournament where Southgate's subs have turned us into a better side? 

Has there ever been a tournament game England have lost inside 90 minutes under Southgate?  Not sure what you actually want.  
  • Options
    The worst half of the tournament. I can’t remember anything that’s happened other than working out the reason behind the subs. I want to be entertained Gareth!
  • Options
    Yes I've really enjoyed it, celebrated twice...

The Scots are going home
  • Options
    I can only guess we are saving ourselves for the last 16 game because 2nd half has been pants.
  • Options
    Sancho getting ready for a run out.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Yes I am watching. 

Has there ever been a tournament game England have lost inside 90 minutes under Southgate?  Not sure what you actually want.  
    Eh?
  • Options
    I had two more beers and a turkey sandwich 
  • Options
    Yes I've really enjoyed it, celebrated twice...

The Scots are going home
    We should have absolutely smashed them last week. A travesty that we played like we did.