Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Czech Republic - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Fucking hell there are some miserable people on here. The aim was to win the group - we’ve done that. We haven’t looked great, but we’ve done the job. Let’s see what happens when the completion really begins. 
    Mate it’s fucking pathetic. The negative shit around England is tiresome. We ain’t gonna beat teams playing open expansive football. We will beat good teams keeping clean sheets and playing on the counter. First half was good. Second half was shit but the opposition were worse. Everyone wants to win 3-0 every game, it ain’t happening.

Delighted with Saka and Grealish. Henderson was good when he come on. Maguire bringing the ball out is what we need. Think of the positives.
    We literally beat Czech republic 5-0 2 years ago. 

If we turn up against a big team and scrape a 1-0 I will hold my hands up and call Southgate a god. But playing like this, it ain't happening. 
  • Options
    Bore fest. Watson and Pratley would fit in playing the way we played second half, slow, slow pass it sideways then back.
  • Options
    We won, it was boring, Kane went awol again. We will go out as soon as we play anybody half decent.

Said it before Southgate is one of the the most boring blokes in football.
  • Options
    Fucking hell there are some miserable people on here. The aim was to win the group - we’ve done that. We haven’t looked great, but we’ve done the job. Let’s see what happens when the competition really begins. 
    Have you forgotten that football is meant to be exciting?

• Options
    Just like George Graham’s Arsenal...

One nil to the Ingerland
  • Options
    I'm trying to convince myself that Southgate is holding this team back like a Jockey on a flyer does in the early stage of a race.

I'd like to think if this team ever went a goal down we'd see a completely different animal.

The boredom hopefully stops now. We won't be able to player this strangulation football in the latter stages of a tournament.

Time will tell
  • Options
    Fucking hell there are some miserable people on here. The aim was to win the group - we’ve done that. We haven’t looked great, but we’ve done the job. Let’s see what happens when the competition really begins. 
    We get knocked out…🤔

😉
  • Options
    Yep, we win the group, didn't let a single goal in and are back at Wembley next week for knock out stage. God it was boring though. Can't help being bored by the way we play.
  • Options
    One of only two teams to not concede in the group stage, 7 points, group winners. Lovely stuff. Good to see Maguire get 90 mins and look so assured, and Henderson get 45. Sterling has scored all our goals so far, won't silence his critics but ultimately he's the one who's got us there. Saka has given a great account of himself and it's exciting to know he's ready for this tournament. Kane needs to shape up, as does Rashford but everyone else has done their job in the group stage and we so rarely get to say that. In the World Cup group stage we conceded against Tunisia, Belgium and Panama so there's a lot to be said for how much we've tightened up. That's good, because it will be a different kind of game next and if we were leaking we'd have a lot more to be nervous about. Onto the knockouts now, exciting times
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can they change it up? The group format is almost designed for teams to play not to lose. Even three draws could get you through. 

In the next phase, you’ve got to go for the win. I think they have players who can do that, but will Southgate go for it. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I see the BBC are leading with Scotland going out and "going home"

1) last time I looked England has 10 x the population size of Scotland. There are more people inside the M25 than in Scotland. Can you imagine any other country running their main story about another country, especially as the majority watching the news item  support a team that won & actually qualified !!

2) the game was at Hampden Park....in Scotland. They are already "home". They dont have to go anywhere now they are out. They wont be flying home anytime soon.

Grrrrr.

• Options
    This game was always likely to be dull because both teams were through. We're through and playing at Wembley and Scotland are out.
  • Options
    It's amazing how the opinions are split with England at the moment. Alot of people happy at the performances as long as we win whilst others unhappy as playing this way is an accident waiting to happen. Time will tell and until proved wrong I suppose we all just have to wait and see.
    For what it's worth I think if we try and play this way next week any of those 3 teams will tear us to shreds and there is a big danger of humiliation 
  • Options

1) last time I looked England has 10 x the population size of Scotland. There are more people inside the M25 than in Scotland. Can you imagine any other country running their main story about another country, especially as the majority watching the news item  support a team that won & actually qualified !!

2) the game was at Hampden Park....in Scotland. They are already "home". They dont have to go anywhere now they are out. They wont be flying home anytime soon.

Grrrrr.

Haha fucking let them have it. They drew their cup final and we topped the group. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Whatever happens we'll need to hope that the defense holds up next week. That will be the first big test, we come through that and anything is possible. 
  • Options
    Saka looked brilliant first half, as did Grealish and Sterling. Solid at the back. Pickford's distribution is a huge bonus. Kane looked more lively - hopefully he'll click into gear next game. Henderson also looked good with his half a game.

It was dull second half but if we can go one up and make the rest of the game dull after that for the rest of the tournament we'll take that in a heartbeat. 

Job done so far.
  • Options
    Ashley Cole is so painful.

Why would anyone talk to him and then give him a job on TV?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We’ve done our job which is pleasing. He’s used Grealish which is good and Saka was fantastic. 

This is where it gets hard and it matters. He has to find the right system. Luke Shaw was 100x better tonight bombing forward. Leave Walker back that’s fine.

I’d also consider Foden for Mount if we go back to the 433. 
  • Options
    Such a boring second half  , but as expected we won our group . The real test starts next Tuesday .
  • Options
    Jesus Christ, Gary Neville saying we need to go more defensive.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I remember when people used to say why can’t we close out 1-0 victories like the Italians would. 
    Funny, because the Italians are now scoring goals for fun. And they keep clean sheets.
  • Options
    Whatever happens we'll need to hope that the defense holds up next week. That will be the first big test, we come through that and anything is possible. 
    Absolutely. Can’t complain so far tho. Although I thought Shaw looked slightly vulnerable tonight. 

Believe SELR 😂
  • Options
    This game was always likely to be dull because both teams were through. We're through and playing at Wembley and Scotland are out.

Sorry, cant see the logic there. Surely if you've already qualified you can play without fear. Go all out attack. Win 4-2 or lose 4-2, doesn't matter.
  • Options

Grrrrr.

You need to watch the EBC then because as I under stand it the first B stands for British which includes Scotland. 
  • Options
    We are like the Manchester United of International football.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    We are like the Manchester United of International football.
    We're modelling ourselves on Jose's Chelsea. 
  • Options
    Prawn sandwich brigade because you criticise a football performance, on a forum designed for football discussion 😂