Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Germany - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    NERVES.

I'd play Grealish and Foden, but no way Southgate drops Sterling. I just really hope we go at them, because I don't think sitting back will work.

Luckily I've got a tattoo booked in for tomorrow during the day, which will help me keep my mind off it 😂
    Should have got the tattoo booked for 5pm... Could then combine the pain rather than sit through the pain of the tattoo and then the pain of the game :D
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Fumbluff said:
    Dilemma: I need to be in the office tomorrow, I’m planning on spending all morning making sure I can leave by half three to get home to see the (stupidly timed) game but part of me wonders if I will enhance our chances if I’m stuck on the M25 and can’t see it and am just relying on the radio feed

….decisions/decisions….
    Just be careful with the traffic if you genuinely want to see the game

I remember trying to get from Orpington to my mate's in Bexleyheath for the Croatia game back in 2018 and it took forever with everyone leaving at the same time.
  • Options
    Fancy us tmrw - haven’t seen anything in the German squad that worries me

Oh yeah, that’s what I thought in 1990 by the way……
  • Options
    What will be will be. However if we dont beat them we will never get a better chance to reach a major final with the draw as it is. For once on paper we should win but it is Germany and we all know what that means. If we play to our potential we win. But if Germany play like they did against Portugal they win.
  • Options
    The Germans will play as a team. We have the better players and I am hoping we just take the game to them. A dour defensive game will suit the lesser team.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    AndyG said:
    What will be will be. However if we dont beat them we will never get a better chance to reach a major final with the draw as it is. For once on paper we should win but it is Germany and we all know what that means. If we play to our potential we win. But if Germany play like they did against Portugal they win.
    Imagine what our route to the Final would look like had it been Hungary tomorrow :open_mouth:
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Hungary could have been a tougher game. We shouldn't fear it because it is the Germans. We should see it as a fantastic opportunity to get a bit of revenge.
  • Options
    SCP ruined him just like he did his boss 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We need to score early and hang on like grim death.
    And get nicely sloshed to ease any pain. 
  • Options
    England will win
  • Options
                      Pickford 
          Walker   Stones Maguire Tripier 

Rice   Phillips            

Mount 

Foden                       Sterling 

Kane 

And that's probably a good representation of how isolated Kane will be.
  • Options
    Need payback for Lampards disallowed goal in 2010
  • Options
                      Pickford 
          Walker   Stones Maguire Tripier 

Rice   Phillips            

Mount 

Foden                       Sterling 

Kane 

And that's probably a good representation of how isolated Kane will be.
    At least if he catches Covid, he can still play!
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    This is definitely our best chance since the last one and until the next one.

Everyone said exactly the same about the draw in the last world cup, and the last euros.  Remember Iceland? 
  • Options
    Our group results look a bit better now don't they....... 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Most certainly - but knockout football produces a totally different approach to games. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Our group results look a bit better now don't they....... 
    Especially Czech Rep. They look like a very good team. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shitting it already!!

Got to do my lateral flow tonight for entry. Imagining how I’d feel if it’s positive, which there is no reason it should be, but...

10 of us meeting 11.45am in West Hempstead tomorrow. Least a few beers should help with the nerves/bravado.

My only wish and all I ever ask (with England or Charlton) is that if we are to go out, we go out giving absolutely everything, battering their goal and just not getting the luck. If we play like we did against Scotland, Iceland etc etc etc I’ll be fuming and will prob be pissed off with all things football for a long time.
    Hope you (and we all) have a great day.
  • Options
    Most certainly - but knockout football produces a totally different approach to games. 
    But it's very hard to turn it on and off.  
  • Options
    Was hoping the Spain / Croatia game would go to pens cause the law of averages says that one will…..
  • Options
    Unsubstantiated rumour of a 3-4-3:

Pickford

Walker
    Stones
    Maguire

James
    Mount
    Rice
    Chilwell

Foden
    Kane
    Grealish
  • Options
    Well.

Of course we've got to expect to lose tomorrow against the Germans.  It's what we do.

However, I didn't account for England having a new secret weapon - SCP.

We're gonna win now!
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Macronate said:

Pickford

Walker
    Stones
    Maguire

James
    Mount
    Rice
    Chilwell

Foden
    Kane
    Grealish
    I'd be surprised if Chilwell played seeing he wasnt involved in the Group Stages AND was out due to COVID
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Pickford

Walker
    Stones
    Maguire

James
    Mount
    Rice
    Chilwell

Foden
    Kane
    Grealish
    I'd be surprised if Chilwell played seeing he wasnt involved in the Group Stages AND was out due to COVID
    I would be shocked if Sterling doesn't start.  I am not sure he should, but I would think Gareth would pick him? 
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Need payback for Lampards disallowed goal in 2010
    Of all the times we are due payback that is not one of them. They thoroughly outplayed us in that game.
  • Options
    Was hoping the Spain / Croatia game would go to pens cause the law of averages says that one will…..
    There's usually one boring 0-0 that goes to pens.