Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Germany - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Wow, I'm so nervous already.
    Such a big game anyway but when you add what could be to come....
  • Options
    5pm KO really is a shit KO time
  • Options
    How many fans allowed inside Wembley tonight?

Assume there won't be many Germans there of course.
  • Options
    I Have a school meeting tonight 6-7. You couldn’t make it up 
    Have to collect my boys from the childminders at 17:30 as the missus is already out. I'm tempted to say let them walk home but then I remember they're only 4
    This is totally unacceptable. You should not be allowing this to happen, not just today but any day. Does she not realise she has responsibilities? 
  • Options
    How many fans allowed inside Wembley tonight?

Assume there won't be many Germans there of course.
  • Options
    I love Charlton, but on days like today shows why I’m a country over club man. Remember coming back from the play off final and had people asking why I was so happy, not knowing there was a league 1 play off final happening.Compared to today when the whole nations will be glued to the exact same thing. Got a 9AM meeting tomorrow, so it’s probably a good thing the nightclubs haven’t reopened yet.
  • Options
    PWR , The last week i have been thinking Germany were going to win. However this morning i have woke up with no sleep and semi confident, misplaced confidence perhaps.

I have been putting any small bets on Germany just to try and jynx the fuck out of them, even one them to win on penalties. 

Come on! We can do it, with the players in our squad we will always have a chance even with Gareths tactics. 
  • Options
    We’ve been very fortunate until now though, a Sunday afternoon game plus two 8pm kick offs. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    We’ve been very fortunate until now though, a Sunday afternoon game plus two 8pm kick offs. 
    Looks like if we get through, any remaining games will be at 8pm as well

Although all games are pretty much @ 8pm now, apart from two Quarter-Finals matches which'll be at 5pm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looking at his Instagram, Gundogan is fit to play.
  • Options
    All together now "1-0 to Engerland, 1-0 to Engerland, 1-0 to Engerland.........."
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Good, fantastic player but doesn't suit playing in the middle for Germany. Kimmich is perfect there but has done so well at Wing back they wont change it, if he starts its a plus for me
  • Options
    No nerves this morning. We're going to piss it. Kane scores, England 2-0.
  • Options
    That's actually good news I think. He's a great player, but not as a holder. Whenever City played him there he's struggled to control the midfield and he hasn't looked great for Germany there either. It also removes a fair bit of his attacking threat. Having said that he'll probably be brilliant in that role tonight, but I was more concerned they'd put Goretzka in and we'd have more to worry about
  • Options
    Have to collect my boys from the childminders at 17:30 as the missus is already out. I'm tempted to say let them walk home but then I remember they're only 4
    You have heard of overtime, yes?
  • Options
    Character developing, make them walk home barefooted for additional resilience building. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had this belting out of the laptop this morning, got me right up for it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJqimlFcJsM
  • Options
    So would that be:

Pickford
    Walker Stones Maguire
    Saka Rice Phillips Shaw
    Sterling Kane Saka

Seems like we’d match the Germans up 343.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Let the beer spill upwards rather than downwards.
  • Options
    Good luck to those on here actually going to the match tonight , will you be wearing Charlton shirts so we can pick you out?
  • Options
    Sterling and Saka behind Kane but 2 up front doesn't make sense to me. But guess Saka will play as a wing back. 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    So would that be:

Pickford
    Walker Stones Maguire
    Saka Rice Phillips Shaw
    Sterling Kane Saka

Seems like we’d match the Germans up 343.
    Its reporting 5 at the back later in the article so I imagine

Pickford
    Trippier/James Walker Stones Maguire Shaw
    Rice Phillips
    Saka Kane Sterling 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    If we are playing five at the back, we surely can't play two holding midfielders as well. I've got an idea, why not play 10 at the back?