Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Palace Manager

Comments

• The ultras will be happy. They won’t have to draw on any of their bedsheets as their ‘ super flags’ are already made for Woy. 

Can’t wait to hear what song megaphone fan has for his return. 
  • Scoham said:
    Some replies from their fans to the club’s announcement on Twitter:

A few sharing this:

And one with this:

The team of the 20s.
  • To most outsiders and some at palarse this seems like madness, but we all know that by some fluke of nature this will somehow work out for them.  As always it's the hope that kills you.
  • All this enjoyment at Hodgson coming in, people mustn't forget this is a jammy, jammy club. He was terrible at trying to keep Watford up and he was all over the place at the end with Palace but there's no guarantee he won't get something out of this run of fixtures. He knows how to get this team to get points by nicking an odd goal and in terms of players the defence is better than it ever was under him. We can cross our fingers but don't start celebrating just yet.
  • BREAKING NEWS: Crystal Palace appoint Roy Hodgson until the end of the season. 

In other news, Crystal Palace's season is already over. 
  • I love the idea that he's going to fuck it all up but I just don't think it's going to happen. I was hoping they'd appoint someone internally and go down with a whimper. Obviously hope I am wrong but I suspect he will improve their defending and help them eke out a few draws and 1-0 wins. I am very fearful of that. They never looked like going down under him before, I can only hope that he doesn't have the time, energy or perhaps the mental faculties to get them in shape this time round. 

My gut tells me he'll get them a wins against the likes of Leicester, Everton and Bournemouth and that'll be enough. 
  • Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:
    I love the idea that he's going to fuck it all up but I just don't think it's going to happen. I was hoping they'd appoint someone internally and go down with a whimper. Obviously hope I am wrong but I suspect he will improve their defending and help them eke out a few draws and 1-0 wins. I am very fearful of that. They never looked like going down under him before, I can only hope that he doesn't have the time, energy or perhaps the mental faculties to get them in shape this time round. 

My gut tells me he'll get them a wins against the likes of Leicester, Everton and Bournemouth and that'll be enough. 
    Arsenal game apart, defending hasn't been their issue, so any thought of a manager coming in, improving the defence and getting results is well wide of the mark. The problem their going to have is can they improve their attacking without weakening their defence?
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    I love the idea that he's going to fuck it all up but I just don't think it's going to happen. I was hoping they'd appoint someone internally and go down with a whimper. Obviously hope I am wrong but I suspect he will improve their defending and help them eke out a few draws and 1-0 wins. I am very fearful of that. They never looked like going down under him before, I can only hope that he doesn't have the time, energy or perhaps the mental faculties to get them in shape this time round. 

Arsenal game apart, defending hasn't been their issue, so any thought of a manager coming in, improving the defence and getting results is well wide of the mark. The problem their going to have is can they improve their attacking without weakening their defence?
    Exactly. If they were scoring lots of goals but also conceding a lot, Roy would organise them better to improve their defence, but that's not the scenario. Can he get their attacking players firing again? 
  • edited March 2023
    Its good to see that 55 year olds can now see real  evidence that they do actually have 20 years left in the tank and that they are not necessarily a burden, in the future, on society.
    I hope Roy enjoys his time with Croydons finest and gives it a good go but fails.

• JiMMy 85 said:

I hope you're right and yes they've not conceded bucketloads of goals - generally one a game - but that said, they've only had two clean sheets since the WC. Some 0-0 draws and a few turned into 1-0 wins will be enough to save them. I fear he can do that. 
  • edited March 2023
    Oops didnt check the time...
  • Let’s hope Paddy is as pony an assistant as he was (for our position at the time ) player 
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd happily take Millwall going up if it was the only way to make sure that Palace were relegated.
    Fortunately it's not a choice.
    Cease these evil thoughts immediately ;)
  • Scoham said:
    Some replies from their fans to the club’s announcement on Twitter:

A few sharing this:

And one with this:

Almost as daft as what Danish Dave was saying about charlton and European football in five years. 

Charlton Chatter:
    Charlton fans believe in the tooth fairy so hardly surprising that 10k season tickets were bought after that statement from the Guitar man. There were quite a few new and returning season ticket holders in that lot.
    Ironically that was when I gave up mine.

Millwall Malarkey: "No one likes us and" 
    "we really do care but keep that under your cap as we have a reputation to keep up."
    Over achieving this season despite no Guarantee of 4 to 6 points against Cafc.

Palace Parish news:
    Seemed a fair comment from mid table in the Premier especially saying that in 2014/15 just two years before Leicester won the Elite Premier.
    Steve Parish is the reason Palace have had a decade in the Premier.

I have always respected Parish as an owner with his two sleeping business partners. The business dynamics changed when the yanks showed up and also for having Susanna Reid as a Sleeping partner for a couple of years.

The lucky Bastard.
  • Last Week my son was at Fulham training ground at Motspur park with a group of Academy boys; Ray Lewington in his Palace training top was doing a session on Zonal marking.

Now 75 year old Hodgson has his young 66 year old coach to do the leg work again.
  • Bold choice in many ways. 
    Tried and tested but surely a little too old now. 

• edited March 2023
    Let's hope they have as much chance of staying up as a man of his age does 
  • Last Week my son was at Fulham training ground at Motspur park with a group of Academy boys; Ray Lewington in his Palace training top was doing a session on Zonal marking.

Now 75 year old Hodgson has his young 66 year old coach to do the leg work again.

The Lewingtons, father and son, both have great longevity!
  • Valley11 said:
    Bold choice in many ways. 

It’s going to be how the players take to him. Could be mega respect or just a figure of fun. Regardless I still think they’ve got a bit too much to go down. 
  • I'd happily take Millwall going up if it was the only way to make sure that Palace were relegated.
    Three things wrong with the above.

Millwall are not going up.

Happily take.

Unfortunately Palace will not be relegated this season. Next season yes but not this one.
  • edited March 2023
    Palarse's issue was they had a nasty run of games. As we can try to recall when we were in the top league, you can get a run of games that include the top teams, which then puts increased pressure on the more winnable games. Yes, Palarse has easier games coming up but you don't want to play some of these teams, fighting for their lives, at this stage when it is life or death. The first few games under Woy will be crucial but they are on a bad run and it could easily continue.......hopefully.
  • Valley11 said:
    Bold choice in many ways. 

It’s going to be how the players take to him. Could be mega respect or just a figure of fun. Regardless I still think they’ve got a bit too much to go down. 
    And also how they react to Vieira being removed.