Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Palace Manager

Comments

• Options
    Isn't Parrish basically just a figurehead there now? The 2 sets of Americans are basically running the show , although Josh Harris tried to buy Chelsea last year. 

Would love to see them appoint Lampard because I think it would be an utter disaster. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Like a lot of people have already said on here, they tend to sack their managers right when there's a high quality replacement available, so Im not getting excited about them going down or anything. 

Tbh a hell of a lot would have to go wrong at the nigels for them to end up in our position, and I don't see that happening any time soon. 
    It would be a start of them ending up in our position if they got relegated this year.

Its not beyond the realms of possibility for Palace to revert back to their historical place in the football pyramid.

Crystal Palace a founder member of the 4th Division (now League2) in 1958, certainly deserve to find their rightful place again.     
    With the money you get from relegation it's more likely they would challenge for promotion the following season. It would need some seriously inept leadership to squander that. Like I said, we can only hope!
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Like a lot of people have already said on here, they tend to sack their managers right when there's a high quality replacement available, so Im not getting excited about them going down or anything. 

Tbh a hell of a lot would have to go wrong at the nigels for them to end up in our position, and I don't see that happening any time soon. 
    It would be a start of them ending up in our position if they got relegated this year.

Its not beyond the realms of possibility for Palace to revert back to their historical place in the football pyramid.

Crystal Palace a founder member of the 4th Division (now League2) in 1958, certainly deserve to find their rightful place again.     
    With the money you get from relegation it's more likely they would challenge for promotion the following season. It would need some seriously inept leadership to squander that. Like I said, we can only hope!
    While Burnley are running away with it, Watford and Norwich this season haven't done their usual bounce back, so it's not guaranteed.
  • Options
    Watford and Norwich have been off the field disasters with managers. Norwich maybe through the playoffs with Wagner , although I'd back Middlesbrough to come in with the form they're in under Carrick and win the playoffs.

It's scary the amount of money you have to spend (even Milwall) to get in and around the playoffs. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:

While Burnley are running away with it, Watford and Norwich this season haven't done their usual bounce back, so it's not guaranteed.
    This is why I would choose the option of Palace getting relegated with a Millwall promotion. The longer Palace stay there, the more likely they are to continue to stay there. Ten years is too long as it is. Let Millwall take their place and hope they go straight back down.
  • Options
    Paddy McCarthy their U23 coach could become caretaker.  
    Ssssh, don't put our agents names in the public domain 
  • Options
    Agent Kiely is still, shamefully, still working for them.

Unless he's been a sleeper agent for a few years. If so, his time is coming .....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Darren Ambrose wants to see Vincent Kompany become the new Palace manager.

https://twitter.com/skysportsnews/status/1636674481740566528?s=46&t=A-w3Eq0EWWpjMxring904Q
    I always thought he was more an Alan Carr man.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:

True, but it's a stretch for them to get relegated again to L1. 
  • Options
    I’m hearing Dave Jones is in talks.
  • Options
    Agent Kiely is still, shamefully, still working for them.

Unless he's been a sleeper agent for a few years. If so, his time is coming .....
    He's playing the long game.....been recommending Thuram for a couple of years, give it time.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:

They’ve been in the PL too long. The parachute money will mostly go on paying the wages of the PL players they keep it are stuck with plus those proven  championship players they bring in to try and win promotion and the other costs that come with a PL club. You don’t have to been inept to ‘squander’ the money in those circumstances.
  • Options
    Someone with an understanding of the club will take control of the club until end of season. Only order he will be given is keep us up. Of course we all have our own ideas of what should happen to the glaziers. But Palace will over the next 6 games after today obtain enough points to stay up.
    Anyone that has 39 points will be staying up.   

So south of the river will have one club in each division once again next season.

Football is easy if you do your job correctly.
  • Options
    Brownie12 said:
    Scoham said:
    Darren Ambrose wants to see Vincent Kompany become the new Palace manager.

https://twitter.com/skysportsnews/status/1636674481740566528?s=46&t=A-w3Eq0EWWpjMxring904Q
    I always thought he was more an Alan Carr man.
    Why’s that?
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Be good to see Forest, Bournemouth, Leicester, Southampton and Everton win this weekend. Also Wolves play Leeds so a win for either or a draw would put Palace under pressure. 
    Oh well four clubs got closer to Palace.
  • Options
    Somebody shit and talentless please.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lose their next 3 and they will be bottom I reckon.  Unlikely but fingers crossed.
  • Options
    Four points cover the bottom nine. West Ham win their game in hand and they move up 5 places.
  • Options
    It blows my mind that they are still 12th. No team has ever avoided relegation while earning as many embarrassing records as them. They are an astonishing anomaly in the PL. 

Still, the clubs beneath are concertinaing up behind them, they have the joint worst form in the division and another five teams made up ground this weekend. Aside from the bottom two, the rest have more potential in their squads IMO. Alas, nobody is as jammy as them. 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    JiMMy 85 said:
    It blows my mind that they are still 12th. No team has ever avoided relegation while earning as many embarrassing records as them. They are an astonishing anomaly in the PL. 

Still, the clubs beneath are concertinaing up behind them, they have the joint worst form in the division and another five teams made up ground this weekend. Aside from the bottom two, the rest have more potential in their squads IMO. Alas, nobody is as jammy as them. 
    Ran this past my grandaughter earlier...

• Options
    Richard J said:
    Roy Hodgson is the current hot favourite.
    Roy Hodgson is the current lukewarm favourite.
  • Options
    Well said Seth

Woy is a Palace fan and a good manager but his last spell was a disaster 

Think appointing him could damage his legacy and send Palace down 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    Well said Seth

Woy is a Palace fan and a good manager but his last spell was a disaster 

Think appointing him could damage his legacy and send Palace down 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    … at least we hope so 😀
  • Options
    Is Coppell available? or is he running a pub?