Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Palace Manager

Comments

• Options
    cblock said:
    Jon Fortune   special agent
    Whatever them pricks do or say, the 15th May 2005 will forever haunt them.
    The 20th anniversary of that will be the next celebration at the Valley.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Dark, dark times. Chelsea are beatable, they've already taken 4 points off City this season. They beat a formidable Liverpool side to get to the final in '90. I feel like fate and omens are coming together in favour of the pathetic dweebs from Croydon. 

Just the thought of what might be too come makes me sick to my guts. 
    Palace without Gallagher haven’t got a prayer of beating Chelsea.

Firmly believe Vieira has got lucky this year. Conor has been carrying that club with some of his performances in the middle of the park.

He is going to be very hard to replace next season. Worth a small amount on them to be relegated in 2023. It’s about time.
    To say they haven't got a prayer isn't really true, because in a one off game anything can happen. Last month Chelsea only just nicked a 1-0 win at Selhurst.

Of course Gallagher is a huge loss though and in the H2H, Chelsea have won 9 in a row. 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    This thread now:

• Options
    iaitch said:
    cblock said:
    Jon Fortune   special agent
    Whatever them pricks do or say, the 15th May 2005 will forever haunt them.
    The 20th anniversary of that will be the next celebration at the Valley.
    We are playing in a commemorative shirt to celebrate the day for our last home game of the season. 
  • Options
    That's bad news if they get a new manager bounce.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Prince Andrew 1/8 on
    Nigel Farage evens

• Options
    Woy to finish his career with a Palace relegation?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That is a real shame as they had got in a spin...feels harsh though given the teams they have had to play recently and the fact they are a shite, tin pot club whom are sitting 12th.
  • Options
    Blimey, I nearly choked on my cornflakes seeing this.

I thought Vieria was supposed to be the new Pep/Klopp/Conte (delete as appropriate).

Lampard must be the man!

• Options
    Scott Parker and Palace? A marriage made in hell. 
  • Options
    Did a double take when I saw they are in 12th. Didn't realise how tight and large the relegation battle is. Will be a good end to the season watching it
  • Options
    They'll somehow sign Tuchal or Poch and end up in Europe at the end of the season

Whilst Millwall will close the gap on Burnley and win the Championship
    🤮 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Frustrating that. Palace have an annoying tendency to chuck their manager at the right moment and replace him with someone who will do the job keeping them up. They've done it time and again, looking in trouble and bringing in Pardew, Pulis, Allardyce and Hodgson at various points to stay safe. No doubt they'll do it again. Having said that, it does feel like a tough time for them in that all those other managers brought in defensive stability to keep Palace up, but that's not been their problem this season. They haven't been leaking goals, they just can't create anything. They haven't lost by more than the odd goal since 4th January and they've only conceded 9 goals in 10 games, and only conceded 2 in one of those games. It's mostly 1-0 losses. They have a bit of a dilemma now; bring in a more attacking manager to take the handbrake off and risk conceding even more to no positive effect or stick with the defensive stability they have and hope a new man can galvanise what they have. They're paying for a lack of effective investment up front over the years, just have to hope for the sake of the Premier League it's terminal for their chances this season.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    MrLargo said:
    Dark, dark times. Chelsea are beatable, they've already taken 4 points off City this season. They beat a formidable Liverpool side to get to the final in '90. I feel like fate and omens are coming together in favour of the pathetic dweebs from Croydon. 

Just the thought of what might be too come makes me sick to my guts. 
    Palace without Gallagher haven’t got a prayer of beating Chelsea.

Firmly believe Vieira has got lucky this year. Conor has been carrying that club with some of his performances in the middle of the park.

He is going to be very hard to replace next season. Worth a small amount on them to be relegated in 2023. It’s about time.
    Any tips for Cheltenham today mate?  Good shout.
  • Options
    Be good to see Forest, Bournemouth, Leicester, Southampton and Everton win this weekend. Also Wolves play Leeds so a win for either or a draw would put Palace under pressure. 
  • Options
    Like a lot of people have already said on here, they tend to sack their managers right when there's a high quality replacement available, so Im not getting excited about them going down or anything. 

Tbh a hell of a lot would have to go wrong at the nigels for them to end up in our position, and I don't see that happening any time soon. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Like a lot of people have already said on here, they tend to sack their managers right when there's a high quality replacement available, so Im not getting excited about them going down or anything. 

Tbh a hell of a lot would have to go wrong at the nigels for them to end up in our position, and I don't see that happening any time soon. 
    Joking RE: Tuchal | Poch aside... Is there really a great number of Managers available?

Expanding on Callum's quote about Gallagher above, I think if they dont go down this season, then they're truely buggered next term, especially if Zaha moves on as suspected.
  • Options
    This could be the year ..I hope! 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    CAFCTrev said:

Joking RE: Tuchal | Poch aside... Is there really a great number of Managers available?

Expanding on Callum's quote about Gallagher above, I think if they dont go down this season, then they're truely buggered next term, especially if Zaha moves on as suspected.
    We can only hope!

Despite how things have turned around in the past 20 years or so between us and our south London neighbours, Im still proud to be an Addick and we will rise again.