Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Palace Manager

Comments

• Options
    Would be funny if he comes back and they go down.

Leaves Palace
    Joins Watford
    Gets relegated with Watford
    Leaves Watford
    Joins Palace
    Gets relegated with Palace.
  • Options
    Palace cannot score goals. If they go one down, it’s game over. They should stay up as they’ve got to play all of Leicester, Leeds, Southampton, Everton, Wolves, West Ham, Bournemouth and Forest. Lose a few of those mind and they’re bang in trouble. 
  • Options
    Wishful thinking i know but looking up from where we are... Wouldn't you just love it IF those classless South London wannabes, did go down?

We ain't that lucky.
  • Options
    Palace putting their hopes in winning the 6 pointers is a recipe for disaster. Literally every team below them is in better form, especially when it comes to goal scoring. Lose a couple of those 6 pointers and they're suddenly in the bottom 3
    I still think they'll stay up, but some of the teams down there have improved since the start of the season. Won't be as easy as it looks. 
  • Options
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/21272751/arsenal-patrick-vieira-sacked-crystal-palace-sean-derry/

Vieira sacked coach (and former player) Sean Derry just over a month ago, because he didn't like Derry bollocking the players, which is quite unusual. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Roy Hodgson is the current hot favourite.
    I have a feeling Hodgson would be a disaster for them second time round.

Great guy and good manager in the past. But that's the point. He's what, into his seventies now. Modern footballers would have little in common with him now. And his last spell at Watford was awful.

I hope he gets the job!

• Options
    Hodgson would make sense if Palace were shipping goals and making defensive errors, but their problem is at the other end.

Palace haven't spent much when compared to many of the other clubs down there, maybe the new stand project has taken a lot of their money?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Richard J said:

Great guy and good manager in the past. But that's the point. He's what, into his seventies now. Modern footballers would have little in common with him now. And his last spell at Watford was awful.

I hope he gets the job!

Is he a great guy? I've always thought he came across as a right prick when someone said something he didn't like or if he didn't get his way. Incredibly thin-skinned.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

I hope he gets the job!

Is he a great guy? I've always thought he came across as a right prick when someone said something he didn't like or if he didn't get his way. Incredibly thin-skinned.
    Only if you get tricky with him.
  • Options
    Hmm. Parish is fronting this up but it doesn't feel like this is his kind of move. Hopefully that means Tension in the Boardroom. 
    You might be on to something.

Good report in the Times that Parish and other members of the board are at loggerheads.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

I hope he gets the job!

Is he a great guy? I've always thought he came across as a right prick when someone said something he didn't like or if he didn't get his way. Incrediblyprick? thin-skinned.
    Sure there was that infamous interview when he went off at some interviewer but apart from that has he ever really come across as a prick?
  • Options
    Richard J said:

I hope he gets the job!

Is he a great guy? I've always thought he came across as a right prick when someone said something he didn't like or if he didn't get his way. Incrediblyprick? thin-skinned.
    Sure there was that infamous interview when he went off at some interviewer but apart from that has he ever really come across as a prick?
    There have been a fair few interviews where he's gone off when he hasn't liked questions. He's also notoriously unwilling to accept that he might ever have got it wrong at previous clubs. One I really remember is when he lost his job as England manager and was asked to do a press conference afterwards. He could have just said no if he was that upset, but instead he turned up and mardily complained that he didn't see why he even had to be there. Er, you just got England knocked out of the Euros against Iceland Roy, maybe wind your little goblin neck in. And of course there's when he was Watford manager, Watford got relegated against Palace and he walked around applauding the Palace fans but didn't bother to do the same for the traveling Watford fans who had just seen their team go down. He strolled around laughing with the Palace players and his excuse was that the Watford fans were 'a bit too far away'. I think we can all agree that would have royally pissed us off as fans if our manager did the same. None of these are pitchforking offences but just always made me feel that behind the kindly old man exterior he's just a bit of an arse.
  • Options
    Bring back Patrick, he was doing a great job (-:
  • Options
    Palace go down and Millwall go up

OR

Palace stay up and Millwall lose at Wembley?
  • Options
    WSS said:

OR

First one - but can we mix and match?
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    WSS said:

OR

Got to be the second one. Millwall getting that Prem money puts them in a much stronger position even if they come straight back down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    New manager Alice Malcolmson bids to save Palace with a new change to first team kit and mascot

• Options
    Give it to Nathan Jones
  • Options
    WSS said:

OR

Second one. 

Palace can go down next season but letting Millwall load up on Prem TV money, if only for a season, sounds like nightmare fuel to me.

And who knows, if Rowett does that well with them, he might be in line for a new job at a bigger club next year too.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Why Crystal Palace sacked Patrick Vieira

https://youtu.be/F4TJmdTVUR8
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Dark, dark times. Chelsea are beatable, they've already taken 4 points off City this season. They beat a formidable Liverpool side to get to the final in '90. I feel like fate and omens are coming together in favour of the pathetic dweebs from Croydon. 

Just the thought of what might be too come makes me sick to my guts. 
    Palace without Gallagher haven’t got a prayer of beating Chelsea.

Firmly believe Vieira has got lucky this year. Conor has been carrying that club with some of his performances in the middle of the park.

He is going to be very hard to replace next season. Worth a small amount on them to be relegated in 2023. It’s about time.
    Any tips for Cheltenham today mate?  Good shout.
    Ha thanks - honestly forgot I posted that but glad it’s beginning to show even if it took longer than I expected.

I just watched the video above as well and now my ego is massive.
  • Options
    WSS said:

OR

No contest. 
    Wouldn't want the Scum at Harlesden High Street let alone reach Wembley. The thought of them in the Premier league makes my Piles itch. They'd squeak two season up there before they dropped, being top in their first season after 4 games with the media creaming their Calvin Kleins. 
    Think of the money they would gain to pug away. 

If the Surrey mob don't come down this season it'll happen next. 

• Options
    Paddy McCarthy their U23 coach could become caretaker.  
  • Options
    Paddy McCarthy their U23 coach could become caretaker.  
    I think they said yesterday he’ll be managing them on Sunday.

So they sacked Paddy and replaced him with Paddy (a real Paddy) on St Paddy’s Day.