Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Palace Manager

Comments

• Options
    Blimey, I nearly choked on my cornflakes seeing this.

I thought Vieria was supposed to be the new Pep/Klopp/Conte (delete as appropriate).

Lampard must be the man!

Your only as good as the players you have
  • Options
    Could see them going for Jesse marsch - fits the same sort of profile as Vieira as a coach, one of their owners is American...
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Dark, dark times. Chelsea are beatable, they've already taken 4 points off City this season. They beat a formidable Liverpool side to get to the final in '90. I feel like fate and omens are coming together in favour of the pathetic dweebs from Croydon. 

Just the thought of what might be too come makes me sick to my guts. 
    Palace without Gallagher haven’t got a prayer of beating Chelsea.

Firmly believe Vieira has got lucky this year. Conor has been carrying that club with some of his performances in the middle of the park.

He is going to be very hard to replace next season. Worth a small amount on them to be relegated in 2023. It’s about time.
    Very good shout, that.

In hindsight their transfer business this summer was nowhere near the level of the summer before, either.
  • Options
    With the international break, it's 2 weeks before a whole month of relegation 6 pointers that Palace have, so I can understand the timing.
  • Options
    Blimey, I nearly choked on my cornflakes seeing this.

I thought Vieria was supposed to be the new Pep/Klopp/Conte (delete as appropriate).

Lampard must be the man!

Your only as good as the players you have
    That is why we are shit
  • Options
    Sadly there are at least three teams worse than Palace this year.
  • Options
    1st world problems. Shitting pants when sitting 12th in the richest most popular football league in the world (so the Premier League fans believe). Christ I'd swap with them in a heartbeat.

Try 12th in League One and a thimble sized pot to piss in! 

Big Sam, Little Sam is Soapbox Sam shout for Shite Sullied Surrey Shires side on slippery slide for short saving stint.

Play it again Sam.
  • Options
    They've blinked!

Interesting.
  • Options
    I don't think they get relegated unfortunately
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton, Swansea and Palace declined after Conor Gallagher left. 

Bizarrely Palace are still 12th in Premier but close in points to bottom 3.

I wish Cafc could declined to 12th in Premier !
  • Options
    Their 12th place is quite misleading, as there's a massive gap to Villa in 11th now, whereas from 12th downwards only 5 points cover the rest of the places.
  • Options
    Would love to see Leeds, West Ham and Palace go down.

If posts could be liked more than once then this would be a record holder !
  • Options
    jams said:
    Could see them going for Jesse marsch - fits the same sort of profile as Vieira as a coach, one of their owners is American...
    I hope they do, he was useless at Leeds. 
  • Options
    Nathan Jones, hopefully.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Just in case they go down, in order that we forever remember this day I suggest we call it St Patrick's Day. 
    It will never catch on.
  • Options
    Dowie has ruled himself IN for the Palace job 
    Ah but which Dowie?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    I don't think they get relegated unfortunately
    Sadly I agree - decent run of games coming up, combined with a potential new manager bounce.

Southampton, Bournemouth, Everton, Leeds all look worse, even Leicester.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They looked so poor in the Surrey/Sussex cup final
    the other day. I know Brighton are good, but palace really looked like a relegation team 
  • Options
    Over the last few months palarse have played most of the top teams in the Prem, with the Arse next up. They drew a few but lost a lot. Thing is, they will soon be on a run of winnable games, so Viera must be well peed off that he has been blown away now rather than given the chance to win against the likes of Leicester, Leeds and the Saints. Hopefully they will sign a duffer but whoever makes the manager decision normally gets it right.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Like a lot of people have already said on here, they tend to sack their managers right when there's a high quality replacement available, so Im not getting excited about them going down or anything. 

Tbh a hell of a lot would have to go wrong at the nigels for them to end up in our position, and I don't see that happening any time soon. 
    It would be a start of them ending up in our position if they got relegated this year.

Its not beyond the realms of possibility for Palace to revert back to their historical place in the football pyramid.

Crystal Palace a founder member of the 4th Division (now League2) in 1958, certainly deserve to find their rightful place again.     
  • Options
    Palace putting their hopes in winning the 6 pointers is a recipe for disaster. Literally every team below them is in better form, especially when it comes to goal scoring. Lose a couple of those 6 pointers and they're suddenly in the bottom 3
  • Options
    Please go for Lampard
  • Options
    Was Viera popular with the players?
    If so, this will not go down well with them…..here’s hoping.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Like a lot of people have already said on here, they tend to sack their managers right when there's a high quality replacement available, so Im not getting excited about them going down or anything. 

Tbh a hell of a lot would have to go wrong at the nigels for them to end up in our position, and I don't see that happening any time soon. 
    It would be a start of them ending up in our position if they got relegated this year.

Its not beyond the realms of possibility for Palace to revert back to their historical place in the football pyramid.

Crystal Palace a founder member of the 4th Division (now League2) in 1958, certainly deserve to find their rightful place again.     
    Surely you mean 1598 as they claim to be the oldest club in the world.
  • Options
    Hmm. Parish is fronting this up but it doesn't feel like this is his kind of move. Hopefully that means Tension in the Boardroom. 
  • Options
    Hmm. Parish is fronting this up but it doesn't feel like this is his kind of move. Hopefully that means Tension in the Boardroom. 
    Feelings can be deceiving!
  • Options
    Roy Hodgson is the current hot favourite.