Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Palace Manager

Patrick Viera, so I’m hearing, is that a joke?

Comments

• Options
    Patrick Viera, so I’m hearing, is that a joke?
    It's on Sky Sport news that he has agreed to become manager
  • Options
    and on the BBC
  • Options
    Risky one - they need a rebuild and I don't think he's done that before.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Excellent.  They'll throw more of their stolen Premiership treasure trying to cover up his managerial naivity...

It's this year, I feel it in my bones.
    🤞
  • Options
    Not even got enough players under contract for a starting 11, and an inexperienced manager at the helm. This has to the year.
  • Options
    Looking forward to playing them in the championship in a years time 
  • Options
    Palace don't learn, do they?

As much as they might hate to admit it their DNA has 'long ball physical football' embedded deeply within it.

Every time Palace try to get away from the type of football that Steve Coppell brought to them circa 1986 then they end up on their arse and have to get back to basics.

Ronald De Boer is the most recent example but the same thing happened under Pardew as well - that's when Big Sam took the job and got back to aiming long balls at the infamous Sainsburys End once more.

Patrick Viera is not going to be interested in playing hoof-ball and the whole thing has clusterf--k written all over it, and it would be the same if they appointed Frank Lampard too.

Please God, Allah, Buddah, Jehovah and all the other Gods, real or imagined, can you please organize a shambolic relegation for this lot?
    But is he any good at coaching players to win fouls by being in the same postcode as a defender and falling over theatrically? While wearing the stripey clown suit kit?

I'll believe it when I see it (but every year I hope it will happen and every year the likes of West Brom and Sheffield United contrive to be far worse). 

What does point to bigger problems at the South Norwood Diving Academy is that they knew Roy was going and had no one lined up. Compare and contrast with us when Bowyer went. 
  • Options
    People never learn.

Start the gloating and celebrating when they go down not before a ball has been kicked.

Every season there is a similar "palace relegation watch" thread that goes very quiet by May.
    100% this!
  • Options
    People never learn.

Start the gloating and celebrating when they go down not before a ball has been kicked.

Every season there is a similar "palace relegation watch" thread that goes very quiet by May.
    Hopefully the likes of Allardyce wont be available come October / November when Vieira gets sacked.

Although he certainly showed he couldnt save West Brom last season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People never learn.

Hopefully the likes of Allardyce wont be available come October / November when Vieira gets sacked.

Although he certainly showed he couldnt save West Brom last season
    That's the thing.

Much as I hope they crash and burn they have a habit of acting quickly when they are in a mess.

I also remember a similar premature celebrations when "rubbish" Roy Hodgson was appointed
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Should have seen me when Mbappe's penalty was saved. French my arse......

You even tried to stop me singing the ''God Save the Queen during the armistice ceremony at Compiegne.
  • Options
    I understand Palace have an aging squad, with a lot of out of contract players, (sounds familiar!)

Whether Patrick Viera is a right choice for them time will tell, I guess they are hoping he can attract some big names, as well as bringing through some academy players.

Dougie Freedman pulls a lot of the strings at the club so I hear, and the fans want rid of him.

Would have thought they’d go for an Eddie Howe, or someone with experience of managing in the premier league.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Should have seen me when Mbappe's penalty was saved. French my arse......

You even tried to stop me singing the ''God Save the Queen during the armistice ceremony at Compiegne.
    Your memory is going mate, I wasn't even there that time.
  • Options
    De Boer 2