Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Palace Manager

Comments

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    It blows my mind that they are still 12th. No team has ever avoided relegation while earning as many embarrassing records as them. They are an astonishing anomaly in the PL. 

Still, the clubs beneath are concertinaing up behind them, they have the joint worst form in the division and another five teams made up ground this weekend. Aside from the bottom two, the rest have more potential in their squads IMO. Alas, nobody is as jammy as them. 
    This! Oohaah bangs on about us being lucky (yeah right) but no one on the planet comes close to them spawny freaks when it comes to luck
  • Options
    Yep , i don't know how they've fluked 10 years in the Prem 

I mean no one can match millwall time late goals , no one

Give me geeky ultra wallys over wannabe flat cap gangster twats
  • Options
    The point they got from the VAR fuck up against Brighton will keep them up.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Scoham said:
    Darren Ambrose wants to see Vincent Kompany become the new Palace manager.

https://twitter.com/skysportsnews/status/1636674481740566528?s=46&t=A-w3Eq0EWWpjMxring904Q
    This suggestion doesn’t deserve a serious response because it’s so ludicrous, but I’m going to give one that’s not even based on my personal opinion of the spotty virgins down the road:

Even putting aside the potential problems that come with switching clubs, why on earth would any manager swap a club who is (thanks in part to his input) almost certain to get promoted to the EPL for a club that only has comparable potential and who is in danger of relegation from the EPL this year?

If there was any answer, it would be money. But this isn’t some nobody who’s come from non league. This is Vincent Kompany, wealthy former EPL winner in the process of building his reputation as a manager. His reputation at Burnley is only being enhanced at the moment. Even if he saved Palace from relegation, it would not register as much of an achievement as they are an outside bet at the moment anyway.

The idea that Palace are a big enough draw right now to tempt Kompany away from Burnley is so fanciful as to be an utter delusion or a cheeky joke by Ambrose who secretly still loves Charlton. 🤪

Besides, Burnley are a much bigger club than the stripey c*nts.
    There about the same size aren’t they?
  • Options
    Burnley ground capacity 22k average 20.5k in prem

Palarse ground capacity 26k average 25k in Prem 
  • Options
    Palace are on a great run, they haven’t won a game in the Premier league this year.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Sadly. To be honest their remaining fixture list couldn’t be much better for them. If they get relegated, it will be because they really aren’t cutting it.

• Options
    It would be a terrible shame if Zaha got injured and ruled out for the rest of the season.
  • Options
    Sadly. To be honest their remaining fixture list couldn’t be much better for them. If they get relegated, it will be because they really aren’t cutting it.

Not sure that is an easy run in.

Most of the games are literally six pointers.

Fulham is the only team they are playing who have not much to play for.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Palace’s last two home games will be key. Sadly, I think they’ll have enough to stay up, although they’ve most certainly outstayed their welcome.

I’ve spotted Roy Hodgson twice in the last fortnight - the second last Thursday, standing outside an empty office building by Waitrose in Richmond. Reading this thread, I now understand why he looked so forlorn.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Who are currently chasing a spot in Europe
  • Options

Mixed bag really. Leicester are looking pretty low on confidence but Southampton and Leeds are scoring goals and starting to see survival as a real possibility. I could see Palace losing both of those, at least one, and then going up against Everton in a match that gives off real 1-0 loss energy. At that point they're in real, real trouble as they might have given 3 points each to three of their relegation rivals, potentially enough to take them all past Palace. Then those games against Wolves and West Ham become less of a part of an easy run and more absolute survival necessities. I'm sure they'll still squeak by somehow, and if they get their new manager right they could end this run with 6 or 7 wins and suddenly it would look like a good season, but I bet they're looking at all the points they could potentially give to the teams around them and sweating.
  • Options

I dunno. Teams down the bottom are often right up for it near the end of a season. I wouldn’t say any of those games are bankers.

Except maybe Doctor Tottenham. You know those twats will roll over. 😂
  • Options
    Richard J said:

And by the time they play Fulham, Mitrovic might be available again!
  • Options

Couldn’t be much worse if they lose some of those though. 
  • Options
    There are NO easy games there for Palace, especially for a team in a poor run. That first game against Leicester is almost a must win, to stop the rot.

It's going to be a cracking relegation battle this season, and I suspect that a team may go down on GD
  • Options
    Is Lyle Taylor still at Forest?
    Wouldn't it be funny if he was drafted in on the last day and scored the goal that sent Palace down.
    Might wipe a few peoples slates clean. Or not?
  • Options
    Wouldn't it be funny if he was drafted in on the last day and scored the goal that sent Palace down.
    Think he's there but not in their 25 man squad (given they signed about 24 of them this summer).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Or not
  • Options

I was told that he is injured with a broken bone in his foot. That's why he didn't get a loan move on january

• Options
    Blucher said:
    Palace’s last two home games will be key. Sadly, I think they’ll have enough to stay up, although they’ve most certainly outstayed their welcome.

I’ve spotted Roy Hodgson twice in the last fortnight - the second last Thursday, standing outside an empty office building by Waitrose in Richmond. Reading this thread, I now understand why he looked so forlorn.
    Why was Roy Hodgson reading this thread .?
  • Options

Couldn’t be much worse if they lose some of those though. 
    No PL match is easy but you’d think that they’d pick up enough points from those matches. 3 wins and two draws. 
  • Options
    Terry Venables is only 80 and could do a job with a young fitness coach like Peter Garland and agents Paddy M and Deano.
    They could definitely go downhill quicker than Franz Klammer.
  • Options
    Terry Venables is only 80 and could do a job with a young fitness coach like Peter Garland and agents Paddy M and Deano.
    They could definitely go downhill quicker than Franz Klammer.
    Mad to think Venables is only four and a half years older than Hodgson, given Venables last managed 20 years ago, and Hodgson less than a year ago.
  • Options
    Blucher said:

Wot, Woy outside Waitwose in Wichmond?
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    It would be a terrible shame if Zaha got injured and ruled out for the rest of the season.
    I agree but Zaha was the main culprit in Arsenal's first 2 goals yesterday.
    He didn't put in any effort to win the ball, mark his man or chase after him, having let him get away. 
  • Options
    I agree but Zaha was the main culprit in Aresenal's first 2 goals yesterday.
    He didn't put in any effort to win the ball, mark his man or chase after him, having let him get away. 
    Already one foot out the door on a free in the summer. Their most talented player yes, but not the kind of player you want fighting tooth and nail to keep you up as he knows he won't be there next year regardless.
  • Options
    I think Zaha will move on, and there'll be interest as he's free, but does feel like the chance to get a Champions Lge club etc has gone by now.