Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136, farewell message p142

Comments

• I imagine that his mate Alfie leaving would have made it that much more difficult to persuade him to stay.
  • Good friends with Elliot Lee apparently. O'Connell there as well. Plus a former Charlton manager...
  • Good friends with Elliot Lee apparently. O'Connell there as well. Plus a former Charlton manager...
    They went to the same private school apparently
    Charlton graveyard 
  • siblers said:
    Not gone to one of the genuine promotion favourites like Birmingham or Huddersfield. A big step up for Wrexham in this league, I can see them upper mid table but no higher this season.
    Think I'd rather play for Wrexham over the other two, probably higher wages, bigger crowds, better atmosphere plus being in the documentary plays a part  and if they can continue to throw money at players, they've a fairly good chance of going up
    Wrexham won't have a bigger budget than Birmingham, or even Huddersfield or us. In L1 they're no longer a big fish, Birmingham averaged 21000 gates last season.
  • Apparently told Fehervar his wife wanted to stay in London...
    As I know it is true, that is why he did not join us. He don't want to left UK without his family. That is why Videoton let him go. I don't want to write it, it is Dobson's business.
    Legally binding......
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:
    There was a Charlton fan that kind of converted to Wrexham last season wasn't there? Bet she'll be pleased. 
    MAY be the case.
  • sam3110 said:
    siblers said:
    Not gone to one of the genuine promotion favourites like Birmingham or Huddersfield. A big step up for Wrexham in this league, I can see them upper mid table but no higher this season.
    Think I'd rather play for Wrexham over the other two, probably higher wages, bigger crowds, better atmosphere plus being in the documentary plays a part  and if they can continue to throw money at players, they've a fairly good chance of going up
    Bigger crowds? Their stadium holds less than half of ours! Even Huddersfield's is a full 11k bigger, and St Andrews is 2.5x the size!
    Bums on seats are similar to ours.

There are not many empty seats at The Racecourse.
  • Why not just wait until the summer and sign for Wrexham rather than rushing in and signing to go to Hungary, just seems odd thing to do.

Wish him well, gave his all for us and never let us down. 
  • It is a good and valid question to now ask, rather than having guess. Why did Dobson sign a pre-contract for the Hungarian team?  
  • If George Dobson comes out with he's now at big School it will boil my piss.
    Did come out with some bollocks like Wrexham were the club in the EFL he wanted to play for. 
  • mendonca said:
    It is a good and valid question to now ask, rather than having guess. Why did Dobson sign a pre-contract for the Hungarian team?  
    It might be "valid" but it's also pretty pointless as the only real answer is "who knows?" - unless we get it direct from Dobson (who probably wants to forget it ever happened by now) it will just be guesswork.
  • mendonca said:
    It is a good and valid question to now ask, rather than having guess. Why did Dobson sign a pre-contract for the Hungarian team?  
    Why are fans still asking these questions? Stop living in the past.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm not obsessed or living in the past. Just slightly interested. 
  • 2 questions. 1, how we as a club allowed our captain and most consistent player to become a free agent 
    2. why George thought crappy Wrexham was step up -other than ££
  • Plus, where is the goodbye…
  • sam3110 said:
    siblers said:
    Bigger crowds? Their stadium holds less than half of ours! Even Huddersfield's is a full 11k bigger, and St Andrews is 2.5x the size!
    Bums on seats are similar to ours.

There are not many empty seats at The Racecourse.
    That's comparing a team with 2 years of success against one with 2-3 years of failure. If/when we start challenging properly, we'll get much bigger gates.
    Agreed, but was answering Samuel relating to now.
  • If George Dobson comes out with he's now at big School it will boil my piss.
    Did come out with some bollocks like Wrexham were the club in the EFL he wanted to play for. 
    Virtually all new signings do it, ignore the guff they come out with.
    Big club, fanbase, blah blah blah.
  • edited July 7
    Despite all the Hollywood talk,  put in perspective Wrexham record fee paid  is £350k. Even Joey Jones who retired 1000’s of years ago is still in their top 4 record signings.
    Charlton  just spent a million on a player.
    Reynolds certainly isn’t splashing the cash on big money signings.
    I think next season will be a reality check  and expect them to struggle.

• Not a surprising move, he was always one who loved the limelight when he was here, real big time charlie, expect him to fit in well over in hollywood

Dont be absurd.
  • Good luck George, good player for us when others were not. All round good bloke.
  • Not sure why people think Wrexham are rolling in money. Their owners are famous, but I don't personally think they're wealthy enough sustain the amount of investment we know is needed to step it up. They're doing okay at the moment because they're getting good gates off the back of being in the limelight, and maybe some other streams of income, off the back of their owners and the documentary. Maybe the owners could attract a bit more invest as and when the time comes, but that's if they don't start getting bored in the meantime.