Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136, farewell message p142

Comments

• Apparently told Fehervar his wife wanted to stay in London...
    As I know it is true, that is why he did not join us. He don't want to left UK without his family. That is why Videoton let him go. I don't want to write it, it is Dobson's business.
    Legally binding......
    Technically yes. The only escape from his contract was that we let him go, and we did it. As I know the story is true, his wife want to stay at the UK, nad don't want to move to eastern europe, beacause of personal reasons.
  • "An ever-present in the midfield, Dobson missed just three League One matches in his final two seasons in West London, as he continued to be a crucial figure at The Valley. "

There geography could be better.....
    As could your grammar.
  • Good luck George. You will be missed.

I would be amazed if we finish above Wrexham this coming season. They already have the core of a decent team and there is not a huge gulf between top of League 2 and most of League 1.
    They've barely signed anyone and didn't even win league 2 last year. I think they'll be in with a shock this year unless they sign quite a few more players

• Gribbo said:
    Apparently told Fehervar his wife wanted to stay in London...
    As I know it is true, that is why he did not join us. He don't want to left UK without his family. That is why Videoton let him go. I don't want to write it, it is Dobson's business.
    Legally binding......
    Technically yes. The only escape from his contract was that we let him go, and we did it. As I know the story is true, his wife want to stay at the UK, nad don't want to move to eastern europe, beacause of personal reasons.
    Which is exactly what some of us were saying 5 months ago, not that him going Wrexham was ever spoke about
    The sitauation changed, and he don't want to join us without his family.
  • Gribbo said:
    Legally binding......
    Which is exactly what some of us were saying 5 months ago, not that him going Wrexham was ever spoke about
    But it was still predicted by many on here 
  • JaShea99 said:
    "An ever-present in the midfield, Dobson missed just three League One matches in his final two seasons in West London, as he continued to be a crucial figure at The Valley. "

As could your grammar.
    Christ, that's ridiculously bitchy. What a clown. 
  • stonemuse said:
    Gribbo said:
    Legally binding......
    But it was still predicted by many on here 
    Me for one.
  • edited July 7
    Wrexham will easily have the biggest playing budget in the league this year. Number of fans is one thing, but their sponsorship is the key. The TV show gives sponsors a reach not matched even by many Premier League clubs, there is a reason why their shirt sponsors are TikTok.
    Their shirt sponsor isn't TikTok.
  • Sponsored links:

• JaShea99 said:
    "An ever-present in the midfield, Dobson missed just three League One matches in his final two seasons in West London, as he continued to be a crucial figure at The Valley. "

As could your grammar.
    Bitchy?! You literally just pointed out a mistake while making a mistake yourself! If anything you’re the clown.
  • Wrexham will easily have the biggest playing budget in the league this year. Number of fans is one thing, but their sponsorship is the key. The TV show gives sponsors a reach not matched even by many Premier League clubs, there is a reason why their shirt sponsors are TikTok.
    Birmingham said they have a £20M budget.
  • Here’s hoping we get George back in January on loan, when he declares himself homesick.
  • JaShea99 said:

As could your grammar.
    Ffs. The grammar policeman JaShea is back on the beat.
  • Gribbo said:
    Legally binding......
    Regardless of what changed, some kept an open mind as we thought it was a bit of a strange move for the player, especially as he signed the contract 6 months in advance, but we were told to move on as it was legally binding and there’s absolutely nothing on planet earth or the surrounding universe that can change that. 6 months later, he’s playing in Wales lol
  • "An ever-present in the midfield, Dobson missed just three League One matches in his final two seasons in West London, as he continued to be a crucial figure at The Valley. "

To be fair this is the club that thought Everton was in North Wales, Preston was in Yorkshire, Ewood Park almost in Scotland and QPR were local rivals with Cheltenham.

Cardiff and Swansea been moved to Devon?
    Newcastle near Fleetwood and Grimsby North of the Humber.😂

What do you expect from a bunch of Scots!?
  • Apparently told Fehervar his wife wanted to stay in London...
    Legally binding......
    You never did take up the offer of a bet.
  • edited July 7
    A shame this situation was allowed to happen, but good luck to George for (probably)getting an increase in salary he is happy with.

Two good lads and players lost, well done Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

As a wise man once said, "people in glass houses". It's "Their" by the way.
  • Yeah but apparently if you dare to point that out you’re bitchy, a dickhead and part of the grammar police. Better to proudly show off the literacy skills of an 8 year old and insult anyone who corrects you.
  • JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:

As could your grammar.
    Bitchy?! You literally just pointed out a mistake while making a mistake yourself! If anything you’re the clown.
    Bit of fun from there website, no personal attack. No need to be part of the grammar police. Get a hobby or something you dickhead.
    Where website? 
  • Despite all the Hollywood talk,  put in perspective Wrexham record fee paid  is £350k. Even Joey Jones who retired 1000’s of years ago is still in their top 4 record signings.
    Charlton  just spent a million on a player.
    Reynolds certainly isn’t splashing the cash on big money signings.
    I think next season will be a reality check  and expect them to struggle.

Did we ? 
  • Despite all the Hollywood talk,  put in perspective Wrexham record fee paid  is £350k. Even Joey Jones who retired 1000’s of years ago is still in their top 4 record signings.
    Charlton  just spent a million on a player.
    Reynolds certainly isn’t splashing the cash on big money signings.
    I think next season will be a reality check  and expect them to struggle.

Did we ? 
    Ahadme although an undisclosed fee is thought to have been a million.
    I’ve heard from an  Ipswich fan it could be even more with add ons.
  • Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    Legally binding......
    Regardless of what changed, some kept an open mind as we thought it was a bit of a strange move for the player, especially as he signed the contract 6 months in advance, but we were told to move on as it was legally binding and there’s absolutely nothing on planet earth or the surrounding universe that can change that. 6 months later, he’s playing in Wales lol
    Not exactly what was said… yes the contract was legally binding but that doesn’t matter if the contract gets ripped up.

Most expected the Hungarian club to hold out for a transfer fee if they were to let his registration go but it sounds as if their financial trouble meant they didn’t have the resources to pay him what they had agreed anyway.
  • JaShea99 said:
    Yeah but apparently if you dare to point that out you’re bitchy, a dickhead and part of the grammar police. Better to proudly show off the literacy skills of an 8 year old and insult anyone who corrects you.
    I can only speak for myself……I have a very strange reaction to spelling mistakes.
    It has nothing whatsoever to do with the persons ability who has made the mistake but everything to do with it simply “looking wrong”….it’s strange because I can’t claim to be a perfect speller myself.
    I just like order in some instances, ornaments, tins and jars have to have all the labels facing exactly forward in the cupboards, clothes hung up precisely in line, it’s all a bit weird of course.
    Incorrect spelling is another one, I have a strong desire to let people know in the hope they put it right, without them or others getting the hump, not for their sake but for mine.
    I used to do it on here but didn’t want to be thought of as a know all, so I reluctantly stopped but I still have the desire to get the mistakes put right. 🤔
  • Always thought there was a touch of the Norman Wisdoms about George. 

Probably a good match for Wrexham - Hollywood?  Not so much  :|.