Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136, farewell message p142

Comments

• JaShea99 said:
    Yeah but apparently if you dare to point that out you’re bitchy, a dickhead and part of the grammar police. Better to proudly show off the literacy skills of an 8 year old and insult anyone who corrects you.
    I can only speak for myself……I have a very strange reaction to spelling mistakes.
    It has nothing whatsoever to do with the persons ability who has made the mistake but everything to do with it simply “looking wrong”….it’s strange because I can’t claim to be a perfect speller myself.
    I just like order in some instances, ornaments, tins and jars have to have all the labels facing exactly forward in the cupboards, clothes hung up precisely in line, it’s all a bit weird of course.
    Incorrect spelling is another one, I have a strong desire to let people know in the hope they put it right, without them or others getting the hump, not for their sake but for mine.
    I used to do it on here but didn’t want to be thought of as a know all, so I reluctantly stopped but I still have the desire to get the mistakes put right. 🤔
    It's the perfectionist in you mate.
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Good luck George. You will be missed.

I would be amazed if we finish above Wrexham this coming season. They already have the core of a decent team and there is not a huge gulf between top of League 2 and most of League 1.
    They've barely signed anyone and didn't even win league 2 last year. I think they'll be in with a shock this year unless they sign quite a few more players

I expect them to bring in some PL youngsters on loan, which will be good PR for the documentary. They are not going to fly through league one, like they have with non-league and league 2, but still expect them to be top 10 easily. 
  • Always thought there was a touch of the Norman Wisdoms about George. 

Probably a good match for Wrexham - Hollywood?  Not so much  :|.

To quote another George, he probably thinks “it turned nice again.”
  • "An ever-present in the midfield, Dobson missed just three League One matches in his final two seasons in West London, as he continued to be a crucial figure at The Valley. "

There geography could be better.....
    To be fair this is the club that thought Everton was in North Wales, Preston was in Yorkshire, Ewood Park almost in Scotland and QPR were local rivals with Cheltenham.

Newcastle near Fleetwood.😂

I wish it was!

• Has there been a message from GD thanking us fans for all the support we have given him while at the club , I can’t remember seeing anything from him ?
  • Has there been a message from GD thanking us fans for all the support we have given him while at the club , I can’t remember seeing anything from him ?
    No there hasn't.
    I’ve been wondering that for a while. Odd. 
  • edited July 8
    Dobson's gone to Wrexham, apparently couldn't be arsed to take some time out and post a few words to the fans in what would have been a nice gesture, but no, seems he has forgotten about us, so let's follow suit...

Byeeee Georgie boy...it's been emotional.
  • Sponsored links:

• ButtleJR said:
    Had a look at Wrexham's squad and I don't think they're anywhere near competitive in league one just yet. Time to move on from Dobson, wish him the best but genuinely think our midfield is stronger than it's looked for years. Onwards and upwards.
    Agree . Current Charlton squad is miles ahead of Wrexham.
  • With Wrexham, let’s see them play a few games. Momentum from back to back promotions can take you a long way.

I don’t expect them to get promoted again but I give them an outside chance of getting in the playoffs.

They won’t struggle. Comfortable lower mid table at worst.
    Remind you of anyone by any chance...🙄
  • edited July 8
    Our squad is a lot better than Wrexhams as is... expect them to be mid table, but wouldn't be surprised to see them consolidate this year and then have a real go next year with extra investment
  • With Wrexham, let’s see them play a few games. Momentum from back to back promotions can take you a long way.

I don’t expect them to get promoted again but I give them an outside chance of getting in the playoffs.

They won’t struggle. Comfortable lower mid table at worst.
    Remind you of anyone by any chance...🙄
    Sssssshhhh.
  • George and Alfie didn't want to be here so move on and wish them well but hope we finish above Wrexham and Brum.....Alfie's farewell video was too contrived for me and George didn't give a shit...I would love to smash Wrexham because of the Hollywood bullshit and hopefully Brum as well......
  • ct_addick said:
    George and Alfie didn't want to be here so move on and wish them well but hope we finish above Wrexham and Brum.....Alfie's farewell video was too contrived for me and George didn't give a shit...I would love to smash Wrexham because of the Hollywood bullshit and hopefully Brum as well......
    We finish above Brum we've won the league, or come very close to it. They'll need a monumental fuck up not to go straight back up
  • Despite all the Hollywood talk,  put in perspective Wrexham record fee paid  is £350k. Even Joey Jones who retired 1000’s of years ago is still in their top 4 record signings.
    Charlton  just spent a million on a player.
    Reynolds certainly isn’t splashing the cash on big money signings.
    I think next season will be a reality check  and expect them to struggle.

Did we ? 
    Ahadme although an undisclosed fee is thought to have been a million.
    I’ve heard from an  Ipswich fan it could be even more with add ons.
    Like when Coventry was supposed to be around a million and wasn’t even a few ! I very much doubt we paid a million ! 
  • sam3110 said:
    ct_addick said:
    George and Alfie didn't want to be here so move on and wish them well but hope we finish above Wrexham and Brum.....Alfie's farewell video was too contrived for me and George didn't give a shit...I would love to smash Wrexham because of the Hollywood bullshit and hopefully Brum as well......
    We finish above Brum we've won the league, or come very close to it. They'll need a monumental fuck up not to go straight back up

They achieved a monumental **** up last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    I wouldn't be surprised if Brum do fuck things up, this league won't be as easy as they expect. 
  • I do have a Wrexham mate (no really) and he sent me a message about Dobson yesterday asking what went on with him here. Said no idea really bit of a shitshow with the DofF. Anyway he didn’t like it when I said I thought they’d do okay due to momentum but for me both their management and players have probably reached their natural level. O’Connell, Lee, Mullins etc not better than League One. Might regret that!
  • Mullin is the unknown one. Of course he could have been playing at this level THREE years ago, but chose to leave Cambridge United, just promoted to L1, to join NL Wrexham instead.
  • Nug said:
    I do have a Wrexham mate (no really) and he sent me a message about Dobson yesterday asking what went on with him here. Said no idea really bit of a shitshow with the DofF. Anyway he didn’t like it when I said I thought they’d do okay due to momentum but for me both their management and players have probably reached their natural level. O’Connell, Lee, Mullins etc not better than League One. Might regret that!
    With the possible exception of Mullin and Brunt wouldn’t want any of that Wrexham squad  playing  in Charltons first team. OConnell and Lee below average League 1  players . Fletcher and McLean way past their best and that’s just a few of their higher profile players.
  • Mullin is the unknown one. Of course he could have been playing at this level THREE years ago, but chose to leave Cambridge United, just promoted to L1, to join NL Wrexham instead.
    He's had an op on his spine and will miss the start of the season.
  • Nug said:
    I do have a Wrexham mate (no really) and he sent me a message about Dobson yesterday asking what went on with him here. Said no idea really bit of a shitshow with the DofF. Anyway he didn’t like it when I said I thought they’d do okay due to momentum but for me both their management and players have probably reached their natural level. O’Connell, Lee, Mullins etc not better than League One. Might regret that!
    With the possible exception of Mullin and Brunt wouldn’t want any of that Wrexham squad  playing  in Charltons first team. OConnell and Lee below average League 1  players . Fletcher and McLean way past their best and that’s just a few of their higher profile players.
    The main things they have going for them is confidence and momentum. But I think they’ll find league one harder then they think