Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136, farewell message p142

Comments

• Don't seem very from the heart either does it. 

Sounds a bit like clichéd lip service to me.

Good luck anyway, George, and all the best going forward
  • Odd that all his old photos have been deleted
  • Maybe the delay was that he wanted to thank all the managers he’s worked under at Charlton and then realised a few weeks had passed while he was still making the list!
  • Gribbo said:
    Maybe he just though he'd get us out the way with that template of a letter before this -

People go on about football fans being fickle, which they are, but reckon footballers come quite a close 2nd.

*to
    It’s a job , ultimately .  I really hope we give Wrexham a good thrashing in both games and that Karoy clatters into him in minute 1, however ! 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Is his Wrexham contract binding?
    Hopefully, he's stuck there now...Yaki Dah🙄
  • Better late than never, but I fear he's just discovered ChatGPT.
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:
    Is his Wrexham contract binding?
    Yes, but only on planet earth
  • edited July 21
    .....oh, and also on the International Space Station and China's Tiangong Space Station.
  • So his Wrexham contract is definitely legally binding then? 
  • Would have been nice to have had the group photo in home colours. Thought he was talking about another team for a moment. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 22
    Gribbo said:
    Maybe he just though he'd get us out the way with that template of a letter before this -

People go on about football fans being fickle, which they are, but reckon footballers come quite a close 2nd.

*to

You wanted George to say:

"I struggled with my first two weeks as I'm still homesick for Essex and it will take my family time to settle in a foreign country where we don't know the language.
    I'm sure you appreciate that I'm Charlton until I die but I will give 110% for Wrexham as they will now be paying my wages. The ex Charlton boys here told me we get paid in dollars because of the two owners: Morgan Freeman and Samel L Jackson. I thought Jacko was brilliant in the Shawshank reduction.
    I wish I hadn't bought that Dale Stephens SATNAV as it sent me via Southampton. I'm here now and look forward to this challenge in the Championship."

"Wishing all Wrexham fans, Haliad Hallt."
  • Thanks George for the kind words and all your efforts.

Easily passes the "if you saw him in a pub in 10 years time, would you buy him a drink?" test.
    The money he’s on at Wrexham I’d hope that he would buy me one 
  • Really really hope we finish above Wrexham 
  • Good luck to him ( not against us!) think he'll be a fans favourite at Wrexham.
  • Gribbo said:

*to
    Fans tend to fall in love with players far more than players fall in love with the fans.