Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136, farewell message p142

Comments

• ross1 said:
    Must be one of the most booked players in English football 🤔
    Premier league - Joelinton and Palinha - 12 yellows
    Championship - Yiadom (Reading) and Choudhury (Watford) - 14 yellows
    League 1 - Flanagan (Shrewsbury) - 15 yellows and 3 reds - was sent off at the Valley. 1 red however was later overturned.
    League 2 - Tchamadeu (Colchester) - 14 yellows

Given that Flanagan had a red overturned, Inniss' 4 reds is 2 more than any other player in all 4 leagues this season.
  • edited May 2023
    ross1 said:
    Must be one of the most booked players in English football 🤔
    Premier league - Joelinton and Palinha - 12 yellows
    Championship - Yiadom (Reading) and Choudhury (Watford) - 14 yellows
    League 1 - Flanagan (Shrewsbury) - 15 yellows and 3 reds - was sent off at the Valley. 1 red however was later overturned.
    League 2 - Tchamadeu (Colchester) - 14 yellows

Given that Flanagan had a red overturned, Inniss' 4 reds is 2 more than any other player in all 4 leagues this season.
    Didn't Innis have one of his overturned?
  • Better avoid playing Inniss as well then... ;) always better to avoid playing Inniss regardless of whether he's about to get suspended again
  • He is wrong about at least one game.
    Newport away is a must win, that competition led to a memorable night in Manchester.
  • Scoham said:
    I think it would be very odd and cost Holden his job if we didn’t prioritise the league. Very strange thing to say. 
  • Scoham said:
    I think it would be very odd and cost Holden his job if we didn’t prioritise the league. Very strange thing to say. 
    I was joking, he didn’t talk about prioritising the league - he said he wants us to play Millwall in one of the cups. So what he’s saying is he doesn’t want a cup run.
  • He was a different class yesterday. Camara instead of Anderson with Fraser would be a formidable trio.
  • Sponsored links:

• Off the boil again.

Part of me is hoping he gets a booking soon so we can see how we play without him. I don’t think it’d be as bad as some fear…
    He definitely needs a rest. Think he's also trying really hard not to get a booking which is restricting him. 
  • He’s decent but there’s a nagging part of me that wonders if he’s this generation’s Semedo…

Bolton’s no.4 wasn’t a particularly hard bastard but he was hard to knock off the ball while being an assured presence in front of their back line.

Most of the work Dobson does is frantic and it does make me wonder if that rubs off on the players around him.
  • I've never been as impressed by him as others have been, feel he is quite a limited player but gives 100%. Ultimately need better if we want to challenge higher up 
  • I am going to jump on the doubters bandwagon. For all the times he gets his foot on the ball we never win possession. I counted 9 times in the first half alone today that he tried to win the ball only for it to end up with bolton.
  • The bloke gives everything and has been our best performer for the last couple of seasons. But it looks to me like he needs a rest. 
  • He essential for us bar Jones the rest haven’t got a decent tackle in them. 

This is a massive part of our problem the lack of determination and will. Dobsons been poor last two games admittedly and he may be limited in passing ability but we got to get the ball first 
  • Anyone else think he's overrated? Okay player but technically lacking imo. 
  • I'll say it, I think he's overrated much like Semedo was. I think we might do better without him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I'll say it, I think he's overrated much like Semedo was. I think we might do better without him. 
    Possibly soon find out in January, he's on the last year of his contract if I'm not mistaken.
  • Watching the Wrexham programme, Parkinson went back for a player as he wanted him, it wouldn’t surprise me for them to come back for Dobbo in January.
  • Anyone else think he's overrated? Okay player but technically lacking imo. 
    Yes and also no. He's NOT overrated in the sense that (when on form) he's absolutely outstanding at breaking up play and shielding the defence.

But on the other hand.... yes, because frankly that's pretty much all he does. He is not that great at passing, he doesn't carry the ball forward well, he's not particularly adept at picking the ball off defence and starting an attack.

He's limited. He's passionate and he's energetic... but limited. Its not his fault at all but AS A TEAM if we are getting promoted in the next.... ever, he will not be part of that team, IMHO.
  • If your best player is of limited ability you’re gonna go nowhere and he’s been closed to if not our best player in recent times and we’ve gone exactly nowhere