Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136, farewell message p142

Comments

• If we assume the above is correct and his agent leaked the Hungarian rumours then you have to say that’s good work from his agent 
  • Crusty54 said:
    Chunes said:
    Just can't see it happening unless they've offered him silly money. 
    He’s already signed a pre contract deal to join them on 1st July. Charlton could opt to sell him him before next week. 
    If you are basing this statement on that FootballLeagueWorld tweet, it has no credibility. How could it get “an exclusive”ahead of Cawley or Mendez? And as others have said, why sign it. Just closes off his options. Nice for his agent though, he can splurge on a summer holiday.
  • Southbank said:
    George comes and said to Mrs D.. “ we are moving abroad love…I have agreed to sign for a club in Europe and get us more money”
    Mrs D..” oh Georgie that’s fantastic…Spain? Italy ? France? Portugal ? Germany? “
    George “ Nah babe…Hungary “
    @k@@g Hungary? I am fileing for divorce tomorrow..”
    Hungary has some beautiful countryside. Cost of living about half here. Pro family government policies. His new club is 50m drive from Budapest.
    My dear @Southbank. Germany has beautiful countryside. I would say it has “pro family policies” . Cost of living, well if he went to, lets say Hansa Rostock in B2  (example cos I know that area pretty well) probably 30% less than London. Can you point me to the interview with Harry Kane where he said “ well German was a no-brainer for me because of its beautiful countryside and pro-family policies”?🤣🤣

Pro football has its career paths like any other profession. A short inspection of the current state of Hungarian football should tell you this would be a bad, bad move. 
  • Is he staying because Appleton is gone?
  • Southbank said:
    George comes and said to Mrs D.. “ we are moving abroad love…I have agreed to sign for a club in Europe and get us more money”
    Mrs D..” oh Georgie that’s fantastic…Spain? Italy ? France? Portugal ? Germany? “
    Hungary has some beautiful countryside. Cost of living about half here. Pro family government policies. His new club is 50m drive from Budapest.
    My dear @Southbank. Germany has beautiful countryside. I would say it has “pro family policies” . Cost of living, well if he went to, lets say Hansa Rostock in B2  (example cos I know that area pretty well) probably 30% less than London. Can you point me to the interview with Harry Kane where he said “ well German was a no-brainer for me because of its beautiful countryside and pro-family policies”?🤣🤣

Pro football has its career paths like any other profession. A short inspection of the current state of Hungarian football should tell you this would be a bad, bad move. 
    Except George Dobson dosent play for spurs he plays for a club that may well be relegated into league two (Granted I don’t think we will but there’s a chance). Not sure if you’ve seen that league but bar a few clubs the state of league two is dire 
  • Southbank said:

Except George Dobson dosent play for spurs he plays for a club that may well be relegated into league two (Granted I don’t think we will but there’s a chance). Not sure if you’ve seen that league but bar a few clubs the state of league two is dire 
    Well you’ve made the general argument as to why he might want to leave,as many have, and of course I accept he might be ready to do so. My point is “Hungary”. It’s nonsense. If his agent is so crap he can’t get him a decent offer here, he should (suitably politely) ask Curbs for tips on how to present his strengths. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Crusty54 said:
    Chunes said:
    Just can't see it happening unless they've offered him silly money. 
    He’s already signed a pre contract deal to join them on 1st July. Charlton could opt to sell him him before next week. 
    What? If what you say is true who would buy him for six months?
    The club he is joining. 
  • edited January 25
    Gutted if he leaves. Gives 100% every game, is fit, injury free (fingers crossed). He has also developed his game with us. I'm hoping he will sign and then improve with us again. Just need better players around him, and a decent fella in charge
  • The latest copy of the excellent magazine Football Weekends has got an article by some bloke who visited Budapest twice to watch some games.

As far as I can see, the crowds at those games appeared to be  around about 4 or 5000.

If that is how George wants to spend his next couple of years, good luck to him!

(PS If we get relegated, and he did stay, he would be doing the same here!)

• Anyone who want's him gone needs to give their head a wobble and there are plenty of morons on the Facebook group who are saying that.
    Be careful what you wish for as he's been our best player for the last three years regardless of the muppets around him. 

I think his lack of positional discipline for a defensive midfielder has, at times, made other around him look worse than they are.

I don't know if I can do three more years of headless chicken football in our midfield but no doubt it'd be a very popular contract renewal with the wider fanbase. I'm willing to stick my neck out and say, whether he's here or elsewhere, Dobson won't be an integral part of the team when we finally manage to get promoted out of this league.
    Maybe, I know what you mean, but one big positive with Dobson is he clearly works hard to improve his game. With better players around him, a good manager and coaching team I wouldn’t write off him improving that part of his game.

We still haven’t got to the point where we have better players than him who are also consistent and reliable.
  • Anyone who want's him gone needs to give their head a wobble and there are plenty of morons on the Facebook group who are saying that.
    Be careful what you wish for as he's been our best player for the last three years regardless of the muppets around him. 

I think his lack of positional discipline for a defensive midfielder has, at times, made other around him look worse than they are.

I don't know if I can do three more years of headless chicken football in our midfield but no doubt it'd be a very popular contract renewal with the wider fanbase. I'm willing to stick my neck out and say, whether he's here or elsewhere, Dobson won't be an integral part of the team when we finally manage to get promoted out of this league.
    I have similar reservations about his positioning but I think a lot of that is because of how weak the midfield around him has been. Pop him in a double pivot with Coventry and someone like Camara in front of him and I think he can definitely be part of a top end L1 team 
  • The latest copy of the excellent magazine Football Weekends has got an article by some bloke who visited Budapest twice to watch some games.

As far as I can see, the crowds at those games appeared to be  around about 4 or 5000.

If that is how George wants to spend his next couple of years, good luck to him!

(PS If we get relegated, and he did stay, he would be doing the same here!)

Well he played in front of 4,000 on Tuesday!
    Oh you cynic! There were 10, 943 according to the official attendance!  :-)
  • I just hopethat (assuming he's still here) that the new gaffer quickly works out that he's definately not a No8.
  • Sponsored links:

• I just hopethat (assuming he's still here) that the new gaffer quickly works out that he's definately not a No8.
    And that is the problem now. Coventry is in Dobbo's position. I am not sure why we would want to pay Dobson a big wedge to be a reserve. He really is not an 8, and neither is Coventry.
  • edited January 25
    I just hopethat (assuming he's still here) that the new gaffer quickly works out that he's definately not a No8.
    Only that genius Appleton ever thought he was.
  • Southbank said:
    I just hopethat (assuming he's still here) that the new gaffer quickly works out that he's definately not a No8.
    And that is the problem now. Coventry is in Dobbo's position. I am not sure why we would want to pay Dobson a big wedge to be a reserve. He really is not an 8, and neither is Coventry.
    To accommodate both, you play a 3-5-2 with 2 x CDMs, a mobile CAM and two up and down right and left sided players/wing backs. If one CDM springs forward the other marshals the back 3. Point being both can be accommodated without needing to play them in unfamiliar or ineffective positions. No need for a UEFA Pro licence to sort, so let’s see how savvy our interims are…?
  • AMB
    Reg - Gillesphey* - Thomas
    Dobson
    Watson - Coventry - - - Bakinson - Assimwe
    May - Ladapo

Best formation for us right now 3-5-2 with Dobson in front of defence with a bit of space between Bakinson and Cov. 
  • Dob & Cov, can play in the same team, they both have their own styles of play and could very much compliment each other, this is where a good coach who knows what he is doing can quickly sort out over a few games! Dobson deserves the reward of a decent contract and is young enough if coached the right way!

The midfield if it clicks could be very good, but let them get us safe and do whatever it takes, these players showed some class on Tuesday by applauding the die-hards, and rightfully we applaud them back!

It's been a massive week for some and some of these kids need a manager who can give them a touch of the Jurgen Klopps and I believe this will inspire them, don't for the Dobbo's and May of this world need the same, good luck to the new messiah when he arrives!

Ps Give Dobbo what it takes👍
  • Gribbo said:
    Rumour he's staying
    Fact is he's not.