Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136, farewell message p142

Comments

• Kips said:
    arny23394 said:
    It’s 2024, why are people still replying to Colin as if he’s a real human being. 

I agree it's baffling. They don't appear to realise that It's the attention that seems to gives him a hard on and so if they could just ignore, he will more than likely get bored in the end and disappear. 
    Sadly not
  • Missing aneke, cbt and leaburn more. 
  • Kips said:
    arny23394 said:
    It’s 2024, why are people still replying to Colin as if he’s a real human being. 

I agree it's baffling. They don't appear to realise that It's the attention that seems to gives him a hard on and so if they could just ignore, he will more than likely get bored in the end and disappear. 
    Even this type of discussion adds fuel.

Needs a complete blanking to make it stop
  • Chunes said:
    Selling Dobbo and CBT, effectively 2 of our 3 best players this season, when we're in a relegation fight, would be absolute concrete proof this board doesn't have a scooby. 
    CBT they had no choice he basically went on strike and refused to play .. then told the club he wanted to move back up north .. do you would keep a player who does not want to play for you !! …. And you are saying they don’t  have a scooby ………. Dobson even through he not leaving did we miss him today ?? Don’t think we did to be honest Coventry had a very good game in is place 
    From what I saw, Coventry was pretty much at fault for their goal. He switched off.
    Poor pas from Gilly .. straight to their player 
  • Literally yesterday Cawley told us CAFC has met his demands, I can't see why he would now be sneaking off to Hungary? Obviously just a tight calf.
    I missed that, where did Cawley say that ? 
  • Scoham said:
    Didn’t someone say the Hungarian window closes mid February? 👀 
    Do Hungarians have windows!🙄
  • Literally yesterday Cawley told us CAFC has met his demands, I can't see why he would now be sneaking off to Hungary? Obviously just a tight calf.
    Remember where the leaks are coming from. 

Same 'group' that told us CBT was refusing to play so the fans would 'understand' the move. 

If Dobson goes we've essentially sold our two best players while under the threat of relegation. 
  • IF Dobson wants to move to Hungary during this window, I don't see why he would choose to wait until the end of the Hungarian transfer window to do so.

Hungary seems to have a long winter break, covering Christmas and the whole of January, so the logical time to move there would have been in early January to give him time to settle in before the season restarted in February.
  • IF Dobson wants to move to Hungary during this window, I don't see why he would choose to wait until the end of the Hungarian transfer window to do so.

Hungary seems to have a long winter break, covering Christmas and the whole of January, so the logical time to move there would have been in early January to give him time to settle in before the season restarted in February.
    Football transfers are never ‘logical’ though and IF (a huge IF) he is or wants to go there, negotiations often go to the end of transfer windows as neither side want to back down until they are given a deadline 
  • Didn't a Lifer talk to Dobbo's Dad yesterday ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Didn't a Lifer talk to Dobbo's Dad yesterday ?
    Dobbo’s dad was up at Blackpool last week. Poor bloke gets bombarded with questions wherever he goes, but doesn’t give too much away and rightly so 

maybe waiting for a bid from someone else? sure if he’d been offered a lower Champ club he’d have taken it 

Same 'group' that told us CBT was refusing to play so the fans would 'understand' the move. 

If Dobson goes we've essentially sold our two best players while under the threat of relegation. 
    Who is this “group” and how do we know about it? 

The ridiculous nature of this supposed offer has all the hallmarks of a low-rent agent’s work. 
  • Could it not just be that Dobson has just reached the point in his career where he fancies a bit of a change and a new challenge - and nothing more sinister than this. 
  • Hopefully the fact we’ve finally brought a proper manager of worth in will sway George.
    What if and bare with me here… The new manager doesn't want Dobson?
  • He also might be waiting to see if we stay up.
  • Sponsored links:

Not just them.. I believe Addick 8 has confirmed this as well on the Dobson front.

Refusing to play didn't come from the same group.. That line was he wanted to move closer to home.. And had no intention of signing a new contract. 

Refusing to train and fake an injury was pretty clear when he didn't play the other week, and was confirmed by someone that is at the training ground often. He didn't want to stay and forced the move. We got good money for him. 

But we certainly do miss him, and should have replaced him that's for sure. 
  • My belief is Dobson has been offered an improved deal and he is waiting to see if the new manager rates him/wants him and whether he'll have a good chance of starting.

If Jones like Scott sees Dobson as only a squad player he may go.
    If Jones makes him feel more wanted than Scott he may stay.

It's what I would do and I think it's what Dobson is doing (and quite right too).
    Seems pretty fair and i can't see why anyone would have an issue with this, it's just common sense on Dobson's part.
  • I never have any issue with a player exploring their options as long as they fulfill their contract. 

Save the dislike for the real villains over the years like Parker & Taylor, seems we can now add CBT to that list. 
  • Swisdom said:
    Hate to say it but I heard on Saturday from 2 people he’s already signed a pre-contract - believed to be in Hungary.

this hasn’t come from anyone at the club

someone else told me Dobbo was offered a “squad player” level contract as opposed to one for for a leader / captain / integral part.  This essentially told him he’s not particularly highly rated.

again I can’t comment on the veracity of the statement but no reason to disbelieve him as he’s been very close with a number of players over the years
    Would be a shame! Heard he got the terms he wanted, and that was confirmed by someone on here who was close to Dobbo. But if it is about his role at the club, that is very disappointing. 

• Swisdom said:
    That's why the whole thing is weird.

On one hand I've heard it was a poor initial offer from the club but I've also heard he was offered what he wanted.  You just don't ever know which is the truth, which is complete bullshit and which has been misunderstood.  That's what these places are all about I guess - for the speculation.

I always think of a player we used to have not too long ago.  According to some he was on £5000 - £6000 per week and SalarySport's website agreed with it but the reality was he was on £600 a week for the last year of his contract.  Such a massive difference but if enough people say it "it must be true". 
    Time I will tell I suppose.