Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Final - BBC or ITV

Seeing as it will be shown on both channels, what would be your choice? I like listening to Gary Neville and Ian Wright but I think I will go for the no advert option.

Comments

• Options
    BBC
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I don’t think even the people who work for ITV will want to watch it on ITV.  Trouble is you have to suffer Danny Murphy on BBC - that’s the only downside. 
    What about Lineker and Shearer ? ITV build up and no sound for commentary for me .
  • Options
    No brainer, BBC for us.
  • Options
    Probably the Beeb unless Murphy is co-commentating.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Put Keane and Wright on BBC commentary and its a done deal. 
  • Options
    Beeb
  • Options
    BBC, of course.

Matterface was awful last night.  "Denmark are a member of staff down... they've got 9. Erm, 10. 10.  9 outfield" & I enjoyed him saying go out, celebrate however you want, let the kids stay up and party" etc before someone clearly reminded him in his ear he probably shouldn't say that with social distancing rules around!
    Honestly couldn’t work out what he was trying to say when he said they’re a member of staff down. Thought the manager had been sent to the stands or something. 
    Same - who's ever called players members of staff?  Just say "a man down" or "a player down" as every other commentator ever has in that situation.
  • Options
    BBC
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    wmcf123 said:
    I don’t think even the people who work for ITV will want to watch it on ITV.  Trouble is you have to suffer Danny Murphy on BBC - that’s the only downside. 
    What about Lineker and Shearer ?
    They'll definitely watch it on BBC
    Then they will experience the same crap that the rest of us have had to 
  • Options
    BBC
  • Options
    The Beeb. 
  • Options
    Always BBC. Cup final or any other final. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You can't beat the warm glow of Gary Linekar
  • Options
    BBC
  • Options
    BBC because of the ITV curse.
  • Options
    Being a Dartford boy, I don't expect much better from Matterface ;)
  • Options
    As an ex ITV’er married to a current ITV’er, I’d have to say BBC. 

The ads, the commentators and the pundits. And Ashley Cole :-(

It’s no contest. 
  • Options
    Tradition dictates its BBC but with Guy Mowbray commentating I'll probably go to the red button and 5 live for commentary. 
  • Options
    Matterface and Pougatch (and the ghost of Tyldesley). Not a chance. BBC 100% and that’s before the issue of adverts comes in which would have been the tiebreaker had the decision been close. If I ever watch a match on ITV again I’m turning the sound off. 
  • Options
    Who said ITV build up then BBC, it’s just non stop betting adverts