Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Final - BBC or ITV

Comments

• Options
    I quite like Jenas but my son hates his commentary. I suppose we are all different. I like Danny Murphy's contributions too.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    MrLargo said:
    https://www.football365.com/news/opinion-matterface-tyldesley-off-script-euro-2020-final-england

Scathing appraisal of Matterface. He is poor, and I can well imagine that he's already prepping some very Partridge-esque one-liners for Sunday.
    Matterface is third worst
    2nd worse the young lady (i regret that I have forgotten her name) who did CAFC Commentary.
    1st  worse, the king, the man who I would rather have dental surgery drilling played to mute him Clive Tyldesley!!!!
  • Options
    Clive Tyldesley is terrible too. When ITV moved him from No.1 to No. 2 he made a stupid video about how it wasn't his decision. As if everyone mid-pandemic would start sympathising with him.

Anyway, we won't let it spoil our fun.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Barry Davies and Alan Green top the all time league for me. Not in a good way :)
  • Options
    I don't enjoy commentators that pick something out, maybe a dive or something similar and moan about it for the rest of the game. The two I have picked out are very guilty of this.
  • Options
    Surprise people seem to like Keane. Liked him when he was at forest then went to Man U and turned into a right knob.
    Talks crap can see why he flopped at being a  manager and can tell he would like England to lose. 
    Think there’s only Ian Wright I like on ITV wish he would get up and stick nut on Keane when he has digs like Pickford should have saved free kick. BBC for me unless weighty promises to nut Keane if we lose. 
  • Options
    When I look at both line-ups in a lot of the jobs ITV are better.

Pundits - Out of Keane, Neville, Wright, Shearer, Lampard and Ferdinand none of them are bad, and the only ones if I was being picky who are not better than the others its Shearer and Lampard so ITV win there

Interviewer - Gabriel Clarke is one of the best there is so no competition

Presenter - Both are excellent

Co Comms - Dixon is not great but Jeans is not great either

BUT it has to be BBC where I watch it due to bloody Matterface.  That commentary the other night has to be the worst I have ever heard for such a big game.  Would not surprise me if he gets dropped by ITV after this tournament like Matt Lorenzo after the Dallas bunker in 94

Also ITV have Peter Walton who is as much use as a chocolate tea pot when he is called in for his 'expert' insight
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Uboat said:
    ITV for me as the BBC sucks balls.
    Very telling. 
    Not at all. I just don't like the BBC. That's it. There's no hidden agenda, nor anything to glean from my post. Especially no need for the first, albeit comical, triggered response to someone having the temerity to not like the BBC 😂

Peace and love, my friend. Others would do well to embrace that mantra but are so filled with hate if others don't share their tunnel vision 👍

Enjoy the match, wherever you watch it.
    Ha, ha. Don't flatter yourself, I'd started writing my "joke" (not one of my best I'll admit) before I'd even read yours. I couldn't care less about your clichéd dislike for the BBC. 

"Hate filled", "triggered", "tunnel vision"...nope it was a lighted hearted comment, nothing more. 
  • Options
    BBC definitely, Gary Neville is a big turn off mixing politics with sport!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Has to be ITV - The odious trio of the omnipotent 'I think I'm so funny and clever' Lineker, Detective Constable Shearer and that gormless drip Ferdinand are simply lowest common denominator dullards for the English masses. Not a personality between them. It's like Schofield presenting a game show. Ugh. 

I missed the second goal against Ukraine as changed channels at HT to avoid these clowns and thought I left it to the last minute, but misjudged!

The actual match commentator whoever he was was embarrassing and constantly being shown up by Jermaine Jenas, who I actually thought was really good.

A few of us watched the Semi-final on ITV round a mates house, and to be honest was too busy chatting and watching to listen to any of the 'analysis' - but the saving grace was not having to look at the aforementioned faces, no matter how much of a plank Roy Keane is.

BBC with 5 live commentary as suggested above seems like a perfect solution.
  • Options
    boggzy said:
    Has to be ITV - 

Eh?
  • Options
    It's Aunty for me, just hate adverts. 
  • Options
    I will be wathcing BBC with the mute button on.  At least no adverts. Sam Matterface is  a disgrace - what a bell end telling everyone to sack off work - great if you can afford it?  Can I sack off my mortgage too Sam?   you utter pr1ck
  • Options
    I think there’s only one correct answer to this question!
  • Options
    NM18 said:
    I will be wathcing BBC with the mute button on.  At least no adverts. Sam Matterface is  a disgrace - what a bell end telling everyone to sack off work - great if you can afford it?  Can I sack off my mortgage too Sam?   you utter pr1ck
    To be fair, I doubt anybody will do so because he told them to. 
  • Options
    boggzy said:
    Has to be ITV - 

Eh?
    It seems a perfect solution but one that I won't have a hell's chance of setting up realistically.

Plus it's just occurred to me that I'd still have to watch those three dullards on the screen during non-footballing times, so yes - ITV!
  • Options
    edited July 2021

So because you don't like the British Broadcasting corporation you won't watch the brilliant but aging Gary Lineker, (there's a pun coming) Rio ( why wasn't I allowed to run with the ball out of defense) Shearer (my record speaks for itself but I need to remind the younger generation) 

And instead watch and listen to Ashley Cole ( how the fuck did he chat up Cheryl ?) who is so uncomfortable in front of the camera, Emma Hayes who has great knowledge but is difficult to listen too. And Ian Wright,( did I mention Sterling is brilliant) a very passionate guy who is struggling against the competitive Roy Keane,( I tell you) who once did GBH on a football field against Haaland and some how didn't end up in prison.

Enjoy the 20 advert breaks in the build up on ITV, I will be watching the sucking balls on BBC.
  • Options
    RTE, as long as I can avoid being blocked (well, actually, both me and my reception).
    Jaysus really? 😳
    RTE has been horrendous imho. Thankfully they binned Ronnie Whelan after his comment about the Eriksen tribute during a Denmark game.
    The anti English guff has really started to piss me off.
    I’m so grateful the final is on BBC, I’ll suffer Danny Murphy after Kenny Cunninghams comms cured my insomnia for good.
    Generally speaking, I prefer to watch matches on neutral (or allegedly neutral) channels, I haven't seen any England games till now, and thought it would be worth a shot - I suppose there is an element of bitterness over Grealish and Rice (maybe more so with Rice), and we Irish do know how to hold a grudge (just listen to anything Roy Keane says).

I keep hoping that the lads from Apres Match, of days of yore, will do the real thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The thing is I find Matterface quite good on talk sport radio. Not learnt the skills yet for tv 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Very telling. 
    Not at all. I just don't like the BBC. That's it. There's no hidden agenda, nor anything to glean from my post. Especially no need for the first, albeit comical, triggered response to someone having the temerity to not like the BBC 😂

Peace and love, my friend. Others would do well to embrace that mantra but are so filled with hate if others don't share their tunnel vision 👍

Enjoy the match, wherever you watch it.
    Well done for getting so much out of a two word post. Apologies for all that hate. It just overflows. 
  • Options
    Pougatch - Great for radio. Terrible for TV
  • Options
    I have no preference, as a large group of us will be watching it together, so we won't hear any commentary or pundits chatting shit

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    The thing is I find Matterface quite good on talk sport radio. Not learnt the skills yet for tv 
    Agree - has a voice for radio. Great taste in women too.
  • Options
    BBC for me. No adverts. Would be nice if Ian Wright could shift across for the day. I like the way he speaks about the game. Genuine, and shows real passion for the sport. 
  • Options

BBC for me. No adverts. Would be nice if Ian Wright could shift across for the day. I like the way he speaks about the game. Genuine, and shows real passion for the sport. 
    I wouldn't mind Gary Neville joining him and Emma Hayes has had a good tournament for me.

• Options
    It has to be the BBC, even if that does mean I have to listen to Jermaine "state the bloody obvious" Jenas!!
  • Options
    It has to be the BBC, even if that does mean I have to listen to Jermaine "state the bloody obvious" Jenas!!
    Oi, leave Jenas alone.  Always came up with a goal in the NLD and he balled his eyes out when Moura scored in injury time at Ajax :)
  • Options
    The over used hate word when talking about what bloody channel you are going to watch is beyond a joke:

Remember boys and girls we all give it out at times so remember we will get it back hopefully in a jokey way because it's so trivial compared to the utter shite we have had to endure in the last 18 months.

Try to enjoy the game even if you mute the sound and just listen to 3 lions on a loop.

Now there's a good idea ?