Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Final - BBC or ITV

Comments

• Options
    I mean Jesus Christ have any of you tried watching through itv hub? Horrendous 
  • Options
    BBC.
    ITV streaming is poor and that is how I watch it.
  • Options
    BBC, better coverage all round plus they show it in 4k
  • Options
    I’m going ad free with the BBC. Plus the pundits are better.
  • Options
    BBC Yes the pundits are better and I do like Lineker
  • Options
    I proper despise ITV, their football coverage is poor and their other output is a mix of tabloid and gossip column. BBC for me
  • Options
    I mean none of the commentary teams are great to listen to. Probably watch it on BBC as they have UHD coverage
  • Options
    4K through the iPlayer or 4K via Sky? 
  • Options
    BBC,  4k via iplayer
  • Options
    What sort of psychopath would watch on ITV?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RTE, as long as I can avoid being blocked (well, actually, both me and my reception).
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    This could be very embarrassing for ITV if this thread can be viewed as an exit poll. 

I must admit I found Sam Matterface extremely patronising throughout last night's commentary.

BBC for me
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    gonna predict 28.4m peak

22m bbc
    6.4m itv 

• Options
    RTE, as long as I can avoid being blocked (well, actually, both me and my reception).
    Jaysus really? 😳
    RTE has been horrendous imho. Thankfully they binned Ronnie Whelan after his comment about the Eriksen tribute during a Denmark game.
    The anti English guff has really started to piss me off.
    I’m so grateful the final is on BBC, I’ll suffer Danny Murphy after Kenny Cunninghams comms cured my insomnia for good.
  • Options
    jams said:
    I mean Jesus Christ have any of you tried watching through itv hub? Horrendous 
    Rumour has it, we're still waiting for Switzerland to take that corner against France
  • Options
    It’s Jermaine Jenas on co comms for the BBC on Sunday.
  • Options
    BBC

I like Keane and Emma Hayes (who is a far better co-commentator than Dixon and Murphy) but the incessant adverts are very irritating, even when muted. Nor am I taken with ITV's relentless plugging of their inane competition, inviting you to pay £2 to enter for a chance to "win £40,000" etc". Mark Pougatch is a good broadcaster but this bloody competition makes him come across as a low grade double glazing salesman.
  • Options
    BBC, of course.

Matterface was awful last night.  "Denmark are a member of staff down... they've got 9. Erm, 10. 10.  9 outfield" & I enjoyed him saying go out, celebrate however you want, let the kids stay up and party" etc before someone clearly reminded him in his ear he probably shouldn't say that with social distancing rules around!
    And he called Walker Sterling more than once and mixed up his Harry’s too and his commentary is so inane. BBC hands down.
    I did say words to the effect of 'Thanks for that, Einstein' more than once last night after another Matterface inanity. 
  • Options
    A big fan of BBC......

Their football coverage is generally pretty good, except the commentary.  How do we get to this state when there is hardly a decent commentator a cross the BBC, ITV and Sky.  Tyler is even a parody of himself now.

Compare and contrast to other sports those 3 cover and football is miles behind.  Although I have noted some negative comments about this year's Wimbledon.

They should do a cross channel preview so we can have some Keane Richards bromance :-) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blucher said:
    BBC

I like Keane and Emma Hayes (who is a far better co-commentator than Dixon and Murphy) but the incessant adverts are very irritating, even when muted. Nor am I taken with ITV's relentless plugging of their inane competition, inviting you to pay £2 to enter for a chance to "win £40,000" etc". Mark Pougatch is a good broadcaster but this bloody competition makes him come across as a low grade double glazing salesman.
    I used to like Pougatch when he was on radio five, but he comes across as intense and humourless on the telly. I am not a fan. Much prefer the more relaxed style of BBC, though to be fair to Pougatch it's always going to be on edge when Keane is one of your pundits in case it all kicks off.
  • Options
    beeb
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    BBC

For some reason I can’t stand that Emma Hayes. Probably because she’s employed by Chelsea. I do though think the sudden use of so many women is actually quite patronising, ie we need to show our diversity so let’s employ a few women even if they are not up to it. I mean they even shipped in a women’s Danish international, don’t suppose there are many male ones around.
  • Options
    Whilst on the subject I thought Lee Dixon was awful last night too.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    BBC. You get four top England Internationals in Lineker, Rio, Shearer and Lampard who can all articulate their views.
    Lineker is paid big bucks for a reason.
    We had shocking bad luck with disallowed goals, Red cards and Penalty myopia when they went for glory. I have no problem with Murphy and the main BBC commentator who's name escapes me ?

With ITV you get Ashley Cole who is so uncomfortable and self conscious. Ian Wright who is more of a fan and would rather be in the crowd. Emma Hayes have been a coach since she was 20 and knows all the moves and jargon but is hard on the eardrums. Roy Keane is an acquired taste but was amusing when he wondered if Wrighty was Sterling's agent which is why Ian bit.
    Neville and Dixon, I like to listen too with their insight.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Anyone preferring ITV is a lidl shopping, Star reading, Dacia driving, Fosters drinking, Primark wearing, oik. (No offense!).

• Options
    Jumpers for goalposts, John Motson, Kenneth wolstenholme … BBC 4 me
  • Options
    No contest BBC all the way! I very rarely watch anything on ITV, lots of inane programs, soaps, crap sports coverage and those fucking adverts do my nut in!!