Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Final - BBC or ITV

Comments

• Options
    I feel a bit for Sam Matterface, he got dragged along into the emotion of the night, which is fine, he should, but he got overwhelmed by it, and completely lost it in the second half of ET. Compare to say a proper great like John Murray on 5 Live who you could tell was delighted, but the complete pro to the last second. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    I feel a bit for Sam Matterface, he got dragged along into the emotion of the night, which is fine, he should, but he got overwhelmed by it, and completely lost it in the second half of ET. Compare to say a proper great like John Murray on 5 Live who you could tell was delighted, but the complete pro to the last second. 
    5Live is so good.

Even half of the best football TV presenters came from there - Mark Champman, for example. 
  • Options
    Auntie B for me
  • Options
    It has been mentioned on here, but the ITV competitions are irritating to me. They are repeated endlessly and relate to the same one prize. The only programme that doesn't seem to have a competition on their channels seems to be the news! We have even started seeing competitions in the adverts now!
    Give it time, I'm sure itv will come upon with something: How many people will die of covid next week? text your answer to... What should we do with paedos - the most vindictive response wins this hat personally designed by Mrs Shilling. How long until the Nigerian abductees get released? Lets see if your postcard to PO Box Derby arrives before the kidnappers demands.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Chizz said:
    wmcf123 said:
    I don’t think even the people who work for ITV will want to watch it on ITV.  Trouble is you have to suffer Danny Murphy on BBC - that’s the only downside. 
    What about Lineker and Shearer ?
    They'll definitely watch it on BBC
    Then they will experience the same crap that the rest of us have had to 
    No-one has to.
  • Options
    my missus says she always watches bbc. 

I corrected her, saying it's THE bbc. She looked at me confused.
  • Options
    BBC
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Tradition dictates its BBC but with Guy Mowbray commentating I'll probably go to the red button and 5 live for commentary. 
    Trouble is you end up with a standard definition picture on Sky rather than HD (unless they've sorted that.

The ITV commentary last night was shocking. Not a shred of tactical information from Lee Dixon. Not noticing a player had gone off injured (sorry, a member of staff) is terrible. Begging us to watch. No chance.
    Run it through the iPlayer in HD and you can choose the commentary synced against the pictures
    Oh that's a good idea will try that, ta.
  • Options
    ITV for me as the BBC sucks balls.
  • Options
    Are GB News not carrying the game? Surely, co-commentary from Nigel Farage and analysis from Lawrence Fox is the dream ticket. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BBC.

Obviously. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    BBC with the 5Live commentary 
    trouble is I don't think they are in sink are they? 
  • Options
    redman said:
    Rothko said:
    BBC with the 5Live commentary 
    trouble is I don't think they are in sink are they? 
    they are on iPlayer
  • Options
    o ok thanks 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I think the ITV commentary v Denmark was the worst I’ve ever heard during a major match. We were actually laughing about it during the match, which says something. 

(It’s ‘in sync’ btw)
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    The evolution of the ITV competition goes like this. Originally ask a challenging question you could answer for free. Then when money was involved, ask an easier question. Then when you realise some people may not know the answer to the easier question and may not enter, ask the easiest question possible. Then when you realise the questions are so easy it is ridiculous, just tell entrants to type win!
  • Options
    BBC, not a fan of Dixon, and the adverts are frustrating 
  • Options
    That ITV competition is an embarrassment, I guess they will make a few quid but they must be embarrassed about it - a flagship event and 10 minutes before kick off they have to do this little hustle. 
  • Options
    BBC…always. The ITV commentator was pretty poor on Wednesday night.

We hardly watch anything on ITV because of the adverts. If we do it is invariably on catch up or record so can fast-forward through the breaks.
    Cant stand that Bitter Sweet Harmony? music they keep playing at the breaks.
  • Options
    BBC
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BBC , with Five Live commentary, Put commentary through you lap top or i phone and the signal will be ALMOST  in time. Would like Kean on the Beeb wasted on ITV.
  • Options
    Very telling. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

(It’s ‘in sync’ btw)
    When Matterface does it, definitely 'in sink'
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Matterface is even worse on the radio . He insists on pronouncing names differently from the rest of the footballing world. 

Mo Salah is one example - The way he pronounces it is Sa Laaaar . 

• Options
    Uboat said:
    Very telling. 
    Not at all. I just don't like the BBC. That's it. There's no hidden agenda, nor anything to glean from my post. Especially no need for the first, albeit comical, triggered response to someone having the temerity to not like the BBC 😂

Peace and love, my friend. Others would do well to embrace that mantra but are so filled with hate if others don't share their tunnel vision 👍

Enjoy the match, wherever you watch it.
  • Options
    https://www.football365.com/news/opinion-matterface-tyldesley-off-script-euro-2020-final-england

Scathing appraisal of Matterface. He is poor, and I can well imagine that he's already prepping some very Partridge-esque one-liners for Sunday.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Tradition dictates its BBC but with Guy Mowbray commentating I'll probably go to the red button and 5 live for commentary. 
    Trouble is you end up with a standard definition picture on Sky rather than HD (unless they've sorted that.

The ITV commentary last night was shocking. Not a shred of tactical information from Lee Dixon. Not noticing a player had gone off injured (sorry, a member of staff) is terrible. Begging us to watch. No chance.
    I'm not usually fussy and don't really "listen" to the commentators, but Lee Dixon was awful, nearly every comment he made was unhelpful/a waste of time.
    I said a number of times "did he actually just say that".
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    https://www.football365.com/news/opinion-matterface-tyldesley-off-script-euro-2020-final-england

Scathing appraisal of Matterface. He is poor, and I can well imagine that he's already prepping some very Partridge-esque one-liners for Sunday.
    I'd still prefer Matterface to Tyldesley, however bad he may have been. 

Whenever I hear the name Matterface I think of that song by Joe Dolce.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

I'd still prefer Matterface to Tyldesley, however bad he may have been. 

Whenever I hear the name Matterface I think of that song by Joe Dolce.
    My son calls him Battyface . Not sure why but it's stuck