Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Open 2021

Comments

• Options
    Mate of mine went yesterday - stayed in a hotel in Deal - I told him best to get train to Sandwich, but they had parking tickets, so drove to park and ride - BIG mistake - took 3 hours to get from Deal, park, and then onto the shuttle bus to the course

He said he had a great day, but would go by train next time

My outside tip for the title is Cink 
  • Options
    Pleased to see Van Tondor having a good day, when he hit two drivers on the 7th I took to him, go my son have a good week and a good pay day. 
  • Options
    Pleased to see Van Tondor having a good day, when he hit two drivers on the 7th I took to him, go my son have a good week and a good pay day. 
    Nice caddy as well!! 
  • Options
    Trust you to notice 🙄
  • Options
    Morikawa is flying today, great player
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Morikawa is having a blinder and moves to -9, @blackpool72 might well be spot on, but he still has a 6 holes to go including the 17th, which is never easy!
  • Options
    Morikawa is flying today, great player
    Liked his interview after yesterday's round. Seemed very level headed but also how much he was enjoying the challenge. And that is half the battle whatever sport you play. 
  • Options
    Not about the golf but the coverage......

I was going to come on here yesterday saying that it was annoying that the graphics showing the player & which hole he was on had his position on the leaderboard in a very prominent position (on the left of the graphic) and when they switch over from player to player I immediately think that's the hole they are on.

Glad to see that Sky have now changed it & very sensibly showing it below his score to par.
  • Options
    Zalartoris has withdrawn, hes posted a message saying he hit a shot on the 15th yesterday where he felt some tingling, he finished the round and tried to hit some balls and go to the gym this morning. 
  • Options
    Looks like cut will be +1. Morikawa really looks an exciting prospect.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2021
    What a hole in 1 that was!! Lad from Rotherham, who was a qualifier, was +1 on 16th, walks off the green -1 and inside the cut!
    Beat Leukemia as a child....great story and very heartwarming!
    Johnathan Thomas, well done!
  • Options
    At the moment they're talking about really tucking the pins away tomorrow which should make it more difficult, personally I'm all for that as I don't want to see really low scoring, tough but fair hopefully. 
  • Options
    At the moment they're talking about really tucking the pins away tomorrow which should make it more difficult, personally I'm all for that as I don't want to see really low scoring, tough but fair hopefully. 
    Fully agree @jonseventyfive the wind has dropped and because fairways have been widened coupled with a bit of moisture in the greens it's looking fairly comfortable!
    Let's move the pins to test them on every green!
  • Options
    Moisture in the greens is the key, even my old Balata balls would have held when on the fairway. 
  • Options
    They're thinking cut may now be Evens! That'll screw a lot of top players!
    I still think +1, but the weather is good, so who knows!  :/
  • Options
    Usually there's someone hacking about on the cut mark late in the day that swings it either way. 
  • Options
    Rooting for Yin a young amateur, currently +1, come on son get a birdie. 
  • Options
    Got his name wrong but Y Lin made a gutsy put on the last to make the cut on +1, well played sir.
  • Options
    Someone is going to have to do something special to beat Louis imo. The bloke is just keeping it simple, finding fairways, greens in regulation and putting is his strong point normally. If he doesnt blow up at some point he will win comfortably I think
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    What a hole in 1 that was!! Lad from Rotherham, who was a qualifier, was +1 on 16th, walks off the green -1 and inside the cut!
    Beat Leukemia as a child....great story and very heartwarming!
    Johnathan Thomson, well done!
    Fixed, fancy calling him a John Thomas 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Went Thursday and had a great day.   Apart from the park and ride.  An hour and 15 to get to the course and 45 minutes back (at 8pm).

Sandwich just doesn't have the road infrastructure of other Open venues.
  • Options
    Grass cut, so time for cold orange and breakfast, let the golf marathon begin (wife is away luckily)
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    The R&A have lengthened the course to its full capacity! They put the holes in difficult positions and made the course so much more difficult to play. Wind is still low but expected to increase to 15 mph after lunchtime before subsiding again around 6pm.
    This could be a very interesting day, with 2 of the par 3's playing nearly 250 yds with pins on a hogs back! Gonna sit back and enjoy!
  • Options
    All sounds very interesting, expecting early scores good and as it bakes it should play difficult. 
  • Options
    I have managed to watch all the coverage of this and my opinion of Bryson has changed. I think due to the press coverage he gets I always thought he was an arse but this coverage has shown him to be alright
  • Options
    I tend to agree Andy,  not a fan of just whack it as hard as you can golf, but he is showing another side to his character, just remember to shout fore and swing within yourself, he looks terrific when he does. 
  • Options
    I'm not a fan at all I'm sorry to say. Typical young American in my eyes. 
    Really enjoying watching Bland and Rory at the moment! Some very good golf!
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Only been able to catch half an hour or so of the BBC highlights as I’ve given up my Sky subscription. Will be buying a NowTV pass for tomorrow.  Did anyone catch who the incredibly annoying American commentator on the Beeb is?  Not heard him before but he sounds a total arse. Not impressed with the highlight show. Been losing the plot with their golf coverage. 
  • Options
    The golf is the only reason I keep sky, love the European tour events, Tommy Fleetwood has become my personal favourite these days but really needs a good one today to get into the mix.
  • Options
    Day 3 and just like the previous two, 90% of tee shots on the first are still going into the rough on the right. Amazing to see so many shots landing in the same wrong place