Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Open 2021

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Day 3 and just like the previous two, 90% of tee shots on the first are still going into the rough on the right. Amazing to see so many shots landing in the same wrong place
    Yep its quite strange that most are going there, yet as I type this Lowry has pulled it left!! However normal service is resumed...Snedeker pulls it way right!
  • Options
    Spieth looking really good
  • Options
    Spieth looking really good
    Flying... got the momentum now, got to fancy him
  • Options
    What a hole in 1 that was!! Lad from Rotherham, who was a qualifier, was +1 on 16th, walks off the green -1 and inside the cut!
    Beat Leukemia as a child....great story and very heartwarming!
    Johnathan Thomas, well done!
    We was in prime position for this. Watched it all the way in. Some absolute scenes, loved it.
  • Options
    I assume absolutely no chance, but after today's performance I'd like to see Marcel Siem have a good day. 
  • Options
    Louis or Colin I fear.
    Spieth if he starts on fire.
    Rahm will charge but think he's too far behind. 
  • Options
    To get anything back on my bets, I need Speith to win and Rahm, Sullivan and Casey or Willett to end in Top 8!
    I might get 1 or 2 of them...with luck
  • Options
    Visiting day for me today (mum has dementia) ,so I'll be watching all the golf much later and avoiding pecking on here, have a good day and CM is the winner for me. 
  • Options
    I bet 5 with sky bet paying 11 places. Speith, Morikawa, Scheffler, McIntyre and Reed. Hopefully I should get a good return.  

• Options
    No wind at all today on the course, cod be a procession unfortunately!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I backed Louis each way so I’m very hopeful he’ll break the second place curse although he looked shaky yesterday.  Each way 11 places on Bob Mac, Fitzpatrick and Wallace.  Another good round from Bob and he has a chance. The other two will have to go some. 

I think there will be fireworks today. I can see a four way shoot out between Louis, speith, morikawa and Rahm. 
  • Options
    Just noticed Skybet offering 5/2 on a playoff. Good bet if you’re looking to cover yourself I think. 
  • Options
    Morikawa is flying today, great player
    Liked his interview after yesterday's round. Seemed very level headed but also how much he was enjoying the challenge. And that is half the battle whatever sport you play. 
    Showing zero signs of nerves. At just 24 this guy will be around for a long time. Hope I haven't jinxed him!
  • Options
    Not worked out the way I’d hoped.  Not so much in terms of the betting but simply as it looks as though Morikawa is going to win it comfortably. Not the fireworks I hoped we’d see. Good effort by young Bob though. 
  • Options
    It's closing up Rahm is on fire!!
  • Options
    Speith is pushing as well....play off anyone?
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Glad Speith appears to have made this a close contest again.
  • Options
    Could have done with sinking that on the 15th. Good opportunities at16 and 17 though.
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Could have done with sinking that on the 15th. Good opportunities at16 and 17 though.
    Yeah just as I posted, Morikawa sunk his, Speith didn't!!
  • Options
    And not that I particularly want Speith to win... just fancy a bit of drama!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I love Louis and really wanted him to win.
    Unfortunately he reminds me of Greg Norman when it comes to the final day of a major 
  • Options
    Exactly the same. Not fussed who wins now, just want some more golf so the missus doesn't get control of the remote and stick on some shit like 4 in a bed.

Game over now unfortunately barring a stinker from Collin.
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Exactly the same. Not fussed who wins now, just want some more golf so the missus doesn't get control of the remote and stick on some shit like 4 in a bed.

Game over now unfortunately barring a stinker from Collin.
    Ah mate, back to people finding a hair on a pillow you go!
  • Options
    Another bloody American wins The Open!! The wind in the end didn't blow, but how I was hoping for a home winner! Yanks don't play links golf, we do!!

• Options
    He played the course well - good course management (which is the key to links golf) - worthy winner - well done - don’t care which country he is from - Royal St George’s is one of the hardest golf courses in the world - anyone who takes it on in an Open and wins - well done you 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    A worthy winner. Seems like a very rounded young man. I suspect he will feature prominently for years. Just wish he’d speed up a bit. Right up there with De Chambeau in taking yonks to figure out every shot. The 40 second rule is simply ignored. 
  • Options
    The other thing I like about Morikawa is that he's only 5' 9'' and hasn't taken to pumping iron in the way that one particular golfer has. He might not pass the Charlton test either but, I'm sure at this present moment in time, he probably ain't that bothered about that!