Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tokyo Olympics

Comments

• Options
    Dina Asher Smith has done me there. What a top girl.
    Very tough to watch that. Really feel for her
  • Options
    Heartbreaking watching Dina's interview. Pulling out of 200m, looks like she picked up a bad hamstring injury at the trials. Surprised she didn't pull out of the 100 and concentrate on the 200 prior to the games. Obviously wanted to prove her fitness, gotta feel bad for her but she'll have another games or two. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Interesting and upsetting for DAS:

So not a niggle but Hamstring problems.
    Pulling out of 200m. Agree the emotional roller coaster was tough to watch, and amazing that her inner circle kept quiet.

She is World class and at 25 she will be back in 100 and 200M.
  • Options
    A really brave interview that. Desperately sad

Thankfully the next Olympics are only 3 years away and she should still be at her peak then
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Gutted for Dina Asher-Smith..

18 months ago she looked unbeatable and was at the top of her game.
    This extra year hasn't been kind to her.
    It hasn't, but she's always been behind 3/4 runners in the 100. 

Not true.
    She won Silver in 100M in Doha at World Championships in 2019.
  • Options
    Gutted for Dina Asher-Smith..

18 months ago she looked unbeatable and was at the top of her game.
    This extra year hasn't been kind to her.
    It hasn't, but she's always been behind 3/4 runners in the 100. 

Not true.
    She won Silver in 100M in Doha at World Championships in 2919.
    True but some of the big guns were missing. Dina could have broken her personal best at the Olympics and still missed out on a medal.  
  • Options
    Sadly, I would be well down the field in the putting on your socks event thanks to old age and dodgy knees!
    Standing, seated, or freestyle?
    Sadly, seated is my best discipline. Standing runs the risk of a fall and penalty points. 
  • Options
    3 GB runners in the women’s 800m final
  • Options
    That mixed 4*400 relay feels a bit of a soft gold

In the middle of the athletics programme (unlike the regular 400 relays) so many of the best athletes won't be picked or risk hampering their main events

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I love it when team mates hate each other 
    Not every day you see a same nation 1-2-3 not go down so well!
  • Options
    The attitudes from the other women just screams they know she's on something. 
  • Options
    Or that she is just a bitch? 
  • Options
    Genuine question - why are Jamaica so good at sprinting? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    The split between the winner and the other 2 is hilarious! It'll be interesting how they react after the 4*100 relay, which they'll surely win
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Wonder what the story is behind it?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    If she was a bitch you'd smile for the cameras. 

If you feel like she's stolen something from you thanks to drugs you'd act like they did after the race. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

If you feel like she's stolen something from you thanks to drugs you'd act like they did after the race. 
    Do you honestly think that she is on drugs, or has been, and the other 2 are totally clean? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Do you honestly think that she is on drugs, or has been, and the other 2 are totally clean? 
    Do I think she's on drugs? Yes. Going from 4th in 2019 to running like Bolt now does seem like she's cycled on for the Olympics. 

Others being clean? I don't know. I'd assume not but with Fraser-Price being a mum I suppose she probably can't cycle on and off as easily. 
  • Options
    Dodgy decision in the boxing there. Brit loses out to a Japanese home fighter.
    I think the 'home bias' is exactly what @Jessie was pointing out a couple of pages back.

It's always there - I suspect even in 2012.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Do I think she's on drugs? Yes. Going from 4th in 2019 to running like Bolt now does seem like she's cycled on for the Olympics. 

Others being clean? I don't know. I'd assume not but with Fraser-Price being a mum I suppose she probably can't cycle on and off as easily. 
    https://youtu.be/sdr8LRvAtwI?t=562 

Almost like it's a completely different person. (skips to like 9:15)
  • Options
    I've the greatest admiration for our Athletes and the dedication, time and effort that each and everyone of them put into achieve their lifetime ambitions.

But why do I find myself bursting out laughing when Jessie Knight fell over before even reaching the first hurdle in her 400 hurdle heat?

Knight endured all the cruelty that sport has to offer after falling on the first bend
  • Options
    She's had injury problems between the Olympics too
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

She is the reigning Olympic champion at 100m and 200m. In 2016 she won in 10.71, today she won in 10.61. 

I mean i'm sure they're all on some kind of drugs, but you're talking as though she's come from nowhere to win a shock gold medal.
    Her performances since the last Olympics: 

2016 Olympics: 1st
    2017: World Championships: 5th
    2018: World Indoor Championships: 4th
    2018: Commonwealth Games: 4th
    2019: World Championships: 4th + 7th
    2021: Olympics: 1st. 

Just a very strange set of results.  

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

She is the reigning Olympic champion at 100m and 200m. In 2016 she won in 10.71, today she won in 10.61. 

I mean i'm sure they're all on some kind of drugs, but you're talking as though she's come from nowhere to win a shock gold medal.

Or a very good training programme. We used to do it in the track Cycling, perform below par between Olympics and then turn up when it really mattered. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Or a very good training programme. We used to do it in the track Cycling, perform below par between Olympics and then turn up when it really mattered. 
    This really doesn't help your case at all. If anything it strengthens mine. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Looks just like Jason Kenny's......