Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tokyo Olympics

Comments

• Options
    Anyone see the Luke McCormack interview after his fight against the Cuban? Admittedly my hearing isn’t the best but I couldn’t understand a word he was saying.
  • Options
    Not good from Dina Asher Smith in the 100m semis. 

Not sure will get through to final 
  • Options
    That was poor. She’s miles behind the Jamaicans. 

Shame cos she seems like a really nice girl.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Not good from Dina Asher Smith in the 100m semis. 

Not sure will get through to final 
    Very disappointing

Even if she gets through, she looks miles off the Jamaicans
  • Options
    Although isn’t the 200m her better event ?
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Great to see both mixed triathlon and Swimming teams win Gold in new events for GB. Personally prefer the format of Male against Male and Female against Female of the triathlon event.

Michael Johnson was not only a World class Athlete but listening to him articulate the situation with the Nigerian sprinter Blessing, who has been barred because of a growth hormone was educational and understanding about the integrity unit which has been set up.
  • Options
    Asher-Smith definitely looking Rusty.
  • Options
    Well done Daryll Meita
  • Options
    I reckon the Jamiacan will win the final
  • Options
    Was highly unlikely Dina could win a medal over 100. Hopefully has blown a few cobwebs away ready for the 200. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still amazing that the very best female sprinters can get nowhere near Flo Jo's records even after all these years.... 🤔
  • Options
    Dodgy decision in the boxing there. Brit loses out to a Japanese home fighter.
  • Options
    Ronnie Barker competing in the 100m for the US  ;)
  • Options
    Gutted for Dina Asher-Smith..

18 months ago she looked unbeatable and was at the top of her game.
    This extra year hasn't been kind to her.
  • Options

It hasn't, but she's always been behind 3/4 runners in the 100. 
  • Options
    Was highly unlikely Dina could win a medal over 100. Hopefully has blown a few cobwebs away ready for the 200. 
    It would be surprising if she could transform her form in the next 2 days though. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Although isn’t the 200m her better event ?

Dina Asher-Smith has a best time of 10.83 in the 100M in Doha 2019 and won Silver in the World championships so unfortunately the timing of this Olympics has not been great with a couple of niggles has obviously made her lose her sharpness.

She won Gold in the 200M in the WC in Doha but she will need a major improvement to medal this time. 

Great achievement for Neita to make a final.

The Jamaicans were in second gear when crusing into the final.

Dina Asher-Smith is only 25 and she was mustard in 2019.

• Options
    It would be surprising if she could transform her form in the next 2 days though. 
    Not so sure. It's her favoured event and she's got the first round as a warm up, then even the semi doesn't quite have to hit top gear. 
  • Options
    Still amazing that the very best female sprinters can get nowhere near Flo Jo's records even after all these years.... 🤔
    She just had rounder wheels.... And longer nails. 
  • Options
    Nigerian fella just won his 100m heat.... No doubt drugged up to the f******g eyeballs.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great to see both mixed triathlon and Swimming teams win Gold in new events for GB. Personally prefer the format of Male against Male and Female against Female of the triathlon event.

Michael Johnson was not only a World class Athlete but listening to him articulate the situation with the Nigerian sprinter Blessing, who has been barred because of a growth hormone was educational and understanding about the integrity unit which has been set up.
    I preferred the tactics of the swimming it's it had to be FMFM or any other prescribed order it would just be another medley relay.  I think having the men's 100 meter Olympic champion chase women down on the freestyle leg is potentially fascinating.  Thankfully he is was so far behind for it to matter. 
  • Options
    Good run from Hughes, just needs to start better. Bromell was one of the favs but come 4th in his heat.
  • Options
    Nigerian fella just won his 100m heat.... No doubt drugged up to the f******g eyeballs.

I'm not sure it's fair to go round throwing accusations like that around. I'm presuming that's purely based on the Nigerian female runner failing a test?
  • Options

I'm not sure it's fair to go round throwing accusations like that around. I'm presuming that's purely based on the Nigerian female runner failing a test?
     Nope. From Reuters. Bunch of wrong uns

This is the latest blow for Nigeria's athletics team after 10 track and field athletes were ruled as ineligible for the Tokyo Games three days ago for failing to meet minimum testing requirements
  • Options

Nope. From Reuters. Bunch of wrong uns

This is the latest blow for Nigeria's athletics team after 10 track and field athletes were ruled as ineligible for the Tokyo Games three days ago for failing to meet minimum testing requirements
    No proof he's guilty. He won a first round 100m heat, hardly as if he's come from nowhere to win an Olympic medal. 
  • Options
    Loving what they've done to the seats in the athletics stadium. 
  • Options
    Still strange not to see sprinters dipping across the line. 
  • Options
    Reece Prescod getting a bit lucky there!
  • Options
    Dina Asher Smith has done me there. What a top girl.
  • Options

Feeling really sorry for her, watching the interview...