Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tokyo Olympics

Comments

• Options
    I don't dislike Australians per se, but I must admit my focus is on the medals table positions 4 and 5. 

I really want them to lose as much as I want us to win. My heart sank when I noticed they have leapfrogged us again overnight.  I think it comes down to Newton's third law: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.  The Aussies, Scots and Millwall fans for that matter have 'given it' hard and fast over the years and it turns a normally mild mannered Raith into a monster.  :#
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    The Sky Brown story is totally inspirational, particularly for someone with two young daughters. 
    They watched it and were inspired.
    Grumpy old men on here looking for the negatives is so bloody typical. 
    Absolutely. The really fascinating thing for me is that she has loved the journey getting there as well as now competing at the top in her sport. That really isn't the case for a very high percentage of athletes of all sports. Is this the innocence of youth or will she still feel the same about things in 10 years time?
  • Options
    That Omnium looks quite exciting!
  • Options
    Poor Katie Marchant :-( would be gutted to get wiped out like that. 
  • Options
    A massive bunch of cyclists all bunched together, intermittently  sprinting and going slowly. Just like a London cycle superhighway
  • Options
    Jason Kenny just hasn't got the legs any more 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I warned you the skateboarding was shit 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Imagine he’s knackered from winning silver the other day. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Nor the hair. Needs the Rooney treatment 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Imagine he’s knackered from winning silver the other day. 
    He was well off the pace of the other 2 in that.  Doesn't stop him being an absolute legend though. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Does anyone truly understand the point scoring system for the Omnium? 100 laps, almost impossible to know who's in what place. Gotta be the worst spectator sport in terms of excitement.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    meldrew66 said:
    Does anyone truly understand the point scoring system for the Omnium?
    I didn't but looking it up:

"For the first five events, each winner was awarded 40 points, each second place 38 points, each third place 36, etc. Riders ranked 21st and below will each be awarded 1 point. In the Points Race, riders add to and lose points from their totals based on laps gained and lost, and points won in sprints."

Not that complicated once you get used to it I suspect.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Does anyone truly understand the point scoring system for the Omnium? 100 laps, almost impossible to know who's in what place. Gotta be the worst spectator sport in terms of excitement.
    it's mad and weirdly addictive to watch - even though I've no idea what's going on
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    it's mad and weirdly addictive to watch - even though I've no idea what's going on
    They ride round and round for ages and the British guy wins.  Looking foward to the Maddison :-) 
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    It would be interesting to watch live, as then the breakaway laps would be easier to see

Great ride by Walls. He deserves a  Magnum for that
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Good to see all the grown men digging out a 13-year-old olympic medal winner.
    I didn’t see her at all, just a bunch of teenage lads doing their thing accompanied by OTT screaming commentators with OTT excitement, making out it’s the greatest thing since sliced bread…….weird.
    As for Sky Brown, good luck to her, I’m pleased for her…..but really, it’s a boring event.
    Incidentally……who’s been digging her out?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't dislike Australians per se, but I must admit my focus is on the medals table positions 4 and 5. 

I really want them to lose as much as I want us to win. My heart sank when I noticed they have leapfrogged us again overnight.  I think it comes down to Newton's third law: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.  The Aussies, Scots and Millwall fans for that matter have 'given it' hard and fast over the years and it turns a normally mild mannered Raith into a monster.  :#
    Australians more often than not in sport, think if they lose it’s not because the opposition played well but because they played badly!🤨
  • Options
    Interesting that the men's skateboarding was won by an 18 year old, I don't know whether there's a benefit in being young, or whether it's simply because it tends to be younger people into it
  • Options

Australians more often than not in sport, think if they lose it’s not because the opposition played well but because they played badly!🤨
    With a home Olympics in 2032 the Australian investment in sport is about to get silly, we'll do well to be close to them till 2036
  • Options
    Really enjoying Bradley Wiggins insight between races. 

• Options
    Really enjoying Bradley Wiggins insight between races. 

Brad on a bike at the TdF is the best insight you'll hear around 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Rothko said:

With a home Olympics in 2032 the Australian investment in sport is about to get silly, we'll do well to be close to them till 2036
    Got pretty close to them after Sydney.   Us in the top few of the medal table isn't going to stop any time soon. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:

Got pretty close to them after Sydney.   Us in the top few of the medal table isn't going to stop any time soon. 
    Because we were running up to a home games, so investment went up massively across sport. 
  • Options
    The USA, with three of the fastest 100m runners in the World this year and favourites to win the relay, failed to even qualify for the Final. This will go down well at home!
    Just watched that on the BBC, that was hilariously bad! Poor changes, and then they stuck a nobody on the final leg, and he came in 6th or 7th  :D
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:

Because we were running up to a home games, so investment went up massively across sport. 
    And its carried on through the lottery, that's not going to stop. 
  • Options
    Was already impressed with the talent of Sky Brown at her age, but now she’s said she plans to compete in skateboarding and surfing at the next Olympics!