Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tokyo Olympics

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    I don't dislike Australians per se, but I must admit my focus is on the medals table positions 4 and 5. 

I really want them to lose as much as I want us to win. My heart sank when I noticed they have leapfrogged us again overnight.  I think it comes down to Newton's third law: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.  The Aussies, Scots and Millwall fans for that matter have 'given it' hard and fast over the years and it turns a normally mild mannered Raith into a monster.  :#
    Australians more often than not in sport, think if they lose it’s not because the opposition played well but because they played badly!🤨
    With a home Olympics in 2032 the Australian investment in sport is about to get silly, we'll do well to be close to them till 2036
    Got pretty close to them after Sydney.   Us in the top few of the medal table isn't going to stop any time soon. 
    Because we were running up to a home games, so investment went up massively across sport. 
    And its carried on through the lottery, that's not going to stop. 
    Depends, Lottery sales need to stay at a decent level, and that's an ongoing battle, and the third that comes from HMG needs to stay robust and not be subject to Sunak's willingness to cut to pay things off. It's something my former colleagues at both Both UKS and Sport England are both really worried about. 
  • Options
    Women’s pole vault final is fantastic. 4 left, our girl in bronze position.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Our girl, Bradshaw, now in silver…
  • Options
    Guaranteed medal for Holly!

It felt a bit mean willing the Greek girl to foul  ;)
  • Options
    Bronze for Hollie Bradshaw in the Pole Vault. Great effort.
  • Options
    Needed that, Athletics not going well but been a good day. Three men through to the 1500m final with an outside chance of a medal and good chances of medals in both 4x100 relays. 
  • Options
    Always brilliant when someone who keeps reaching finals and just missing out on medals, finally does it
  • Options
    Not sure I've ever seen someone quite so knackered after winning an Olympic Gold  :D
  • Options
    USA athletes are having a shocker 
  • Options
    Wall climbing final starting now. They're currently prepping by working out their route with their binoculars. It's addictive to watch. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well pleased for Holly, a real gritty competitor who always gives her best 
  • Options
    Wall climbing final starting now. They're currently prepping by working out their route with their binoculars. It's addictive to watch. 

Here’s the favourite 

• Options
    Well pleased for Holly, a real gritty competitor who always gives her best 
    Agreed.  Her interview was full of grace and sportsmanship ...  unlike Ben Whittaker who I thought let himself down.   
  • Options
    What ‘sport’ was this?
  • Options
    What on earth is that karate with an imaginary opponent all about? 😳

Seriously?
    Wow I can’t believe what I’ve just seen. It’s like when your little 4 year old niece says “uncle Gary, uncle Gary, uncle Gary….watch this” and then does a shitty little spinning jump. 

Can only think they’ve let that in cos it’s in Japan. A one and only appearance I hope.
    I found it hilarious when they kept going to close ups of their angry face 👀😳🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Yeah, you show that imaginary bad man what for 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Been a frustrating Olympics. We’ve only one working telly at the mo between 4 of us, and as I rank 4th for anything in this house I’ve had to watch the whole lot on IPlayer on an iPad.

You've got three years.
    Get training, raise your ranking.
    You can do it!

PS. Might be an idea to apply for Lottery funding?
  • Options
    Cheers Matt, I appreciate the explanation.

I can’t help but giggle at it though, sorry 🙏🏻❤️
  • Options
    Cheers Matt, I appreciate the explanation.

I can’t help but giggle at it though, sorry 🙏🏻❤️
    Not to worry, I feel much the same watching some of it
  • Options
    Been a frustrating Olympics. We’ve only one working telly at the mo between 4 of us, and as I rank 4th for anything in this house I’ve had to watch the whole lot on IPlayer on an iPad.

What on earth are the rest of your family finding to watch, if the Olympics ranks 4th  :D
  • Options

What on earth are the rest of your family finding to watch, if the Olympics ranks 4th  :D
    At 3 o'clock in the morning..... 
  • Options
    What on earth is that karate with an imaginary opponent all about? 😳

Seriously?
    Wow I can’t believe what I’ve just seen. It’s like when your little 4 year old niece says “uncle Gary, uncle Gary, uncle Gary….watch this” and then does a shitty little spinning jump. 

Can only think they’ve let that in cos it’s in Japan. A one and only appearance I hope.
    Pretty sure it's been dropped from future Olympics 
  • Options

Yeah we need to replace the leadership there and in women's football. Worst USA track and field Olympics for us I can remember.
  • Options

Yeah we need to replace the leadership there and in women's football. Worst USA track and field Olympics for us I can remember.
    Michael Johnson made some good points on BBC. Was saying the collegiate funding has decreased and T&F not bringing in the revenue that football and basketball does, they’re the first to feel the pinch. He also said there’s no actual real excuse for how poor the experienced athletes have performed.
  • Options

Michael Johnson made some good points on BBC. Was saying the collegiate funding has decreased and T&F not bringing in the revenue that football and basketball does, they’re the first to feel the pinch. He also said there’s no actual real excuse for how poor the experienced athletes have performed.
    And British athletics has (so far) also underperformed, 19th (or something like that) in the medal table
  • Options
    Needed that, Athletics not going well but been a good day. Three men through to the 1500m final with an outside chance of a medal and good chances of medals in both 4x100 relays. 
    Luxembourg’s Grethen beat his own national record by 4 seconds to reach the final of the men’s 1500.
    I expect him to come last in the final now!