Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tokyo Olympics

Comments

• Options
    4 seconds off a 1500 distance is ridiculous. So much distrust in athletics now 
  • Options
    USA athletes are having a shocker 

Yeah we need to replace the leadership there and in women's football. Worst USA track and field Olympics for us I can remember.
    Michael Johnson made some good points on BBC. Was saying the collegiate funding has decreased and T&F not bringing in the revenue that football and basketball does, they’re the first to feel the pinch. He also said there’s no actual real excuse for how poor the experienced athletes have performed.
    You’ll know this better then me, but Big10 colleges for example make the money through American Football and Basketball, be that tickets or sponsors, and the crumbs drop down, suspect Lacrosse and Football are now above Track and Field in that chasing the crumbs  
  • Options
    I just assume in every event some if not most of them are either bending or breaking the rules.  Then if someone else is significantly better I am almost certain they are.

The "cleanest games in history" actually turned out to be the dirtiest.  
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    if you eliminate illegal medication, modern running shoes and track technology has and will continue to make life better for runners .. allied with more intense scientific based coaching to improve running methods, posture and stride patterns etc.. expect to see times get faster and faster until the (as yet unknown) absolute optimum performance is reached ..

EDIT .. and don't forget strictly controlled diet and exercise/training regimes
  • Options
    I see that Gong got a gold medal in the women's shot put lol
  • Options
    It's unusual, but with tactical events like the 1500m, sometimes you rarely get the chance to run a fast time because nobody wants to front run
  • Options
    how on earth is anyone supposed to know what's going on in this race in the track cycling !!!!
  • Options
    Ouch
  • Options
    there was a lot less testing last year, so it was a good year to dope. 

But that track in Tokyo looks like at the edges of the rules on speed, and its a warmer Olympics then London and Rio
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    There is probably quite a small sample size for that national record as well. 

Is 4 seconds off the 1500m more extraordinary than the Italian in 100m who had never broken 10 seconds before April and ran a 9.80 in the olympics? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is and amazing performance so far in the madison 
  • Options
    We're smashing this madison. Can't live with us. 
  • Options
    I have never seen anyone smash a Maddison like this.... 
  • Options
    That was ridiculously dominant, like Man City beating mid table sides 3-0 every week
  • Options
    Wow!
    Archibald & Kenny absolutely smashed that.
    Brilliant 🤩⭐️⭐️🤩
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    USA athletes are having a shocker 

Yeah we need to replace the leadership there and in women's football. Worst USA track and field Olympics for us I can remember.
    Michael Johnson made some good points on BBC. Was saying the collegiate funding has decreased and T&F not bringing in the revenue that football and basketball does, they’re the first to feel the pinch. He also said there’s no actual real excuse for how poor the experienced athletes have performed.
    You’ll know this better then me, but Big10 colleges for example make the money through American Football and Basketball, be that tickets or sponsors, and the crumbs drop down, suspect Lacrosse and Football are now above Track and Field in that chasing the crumbs  
    Yeah, a lot of colleges also rely on donations from alumni. Some crazy figures in donations from rich ex-students.
  • Options
    I don’t know if it’s because she’s so good, but Laura Kenny does it for me. What a woman.
  • Options
    Great camera shots looking backwards from Carlin, showing how ridiculously steep the banking is
  • Options
    I don’t know if it’s because she’s so good, but Laura Kenny does it for me. What a woman.
    Seems to have a lovely attitude and personality too!
  • Options
    Apart from when she cheated on her boyfriend during 2012 Olympics obviously 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cruel watching the Modern Pentathlon. German rider who was in first place just lost any chance of a medal as her horse refused to jump the fences. Seems a bit unfair that they get assigned random horses. The German might be in a bit of trouble too, she didn't take too kindly to the horse doing her over!
  • Options
    She is no Victoria Pendleton though.... 
  • Options
    Cruel watching the Modern Pentathlon. German rider who was in first place just lost any chance of a medal as her horse refused to jump the fences. Seems a bit unfair that they get assigned random horses. The German might be in a bit of trouble too, she didn't take too kindly to the horse doing her over!
    I hope she didn't shoot it
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    What?
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    MrOneLung said:
    What?
    She was caught smooching Mr Kenny, I think it was at the beach volley ball in horse guards?

He wasn't, at the time, the current Mr Trott.  To be honest I have no idea if there was a current partner. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Didn't happen, according to Laura and her parents. 
  • Options
    GB are top of the cycling medal table so although we haven't won as many Gold's as previous Olympic's I wouldn't say it's been as bad as some are making out.
  • Options
    Just saw that, that was heartbreaking. That horse had destroyed the chances of a Russian competitor earlier, so she was probably fearing the worst
  • Options
    Yeah, she looked to be giving the poor horse a bit of a hiding.