Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tokyo Olympics

Comments

• Options
    MrWalker said:
    A German coach has been thrown out of the Olympics for appearing to punch a horse who was refusing to jump or trot during the modern pentathlon.
    Doesn't support Newcastle does he?
  • Options
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/olympics/2021/08/07/olympic-100m-champion-lamont-marcell-jacobs-cut-ties-nutritionist/

It seems that the former nutritionist of 100m winner Jacobs is being investigated for supplying steroids
  • Options
    This pentathlon run is confusing as listening whilst doing other stuff

top 3 at moment all sound very similar 

Choong - GBR
    Jung - KOR
    Jun - KOR
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Get in Joseph Choong 

Gold in pentathlon 
  • Options
    Great finish that, I thought the Egyptian was going to catch him
  • Options
    Do we have enough contenders for the remaining gold medals to make up the 4 we are behind Japan ?
  • Options
    Do we have enough contenders for the remaining gold medals to make up the 4 we are behind Japan ?
    Hopefully Russia cant catch us either - Would be the first time since Athens 2004 where we'll finish outside the top four in the medal table if they do
  • Options
    Russia aren’t in the Olympics 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Russia aren’t in the Olympics 
    ROC then to be pedantic!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It still brings tears to my eyes watching British athletes standing on the podium, with the National Anthem being played.
  • Options
    We have potential golds in 3 boxing categories I think
  • Options
    Very much enjoyed the Beebs expert analysis of the pentathlon. In the same way that my wife always seems to sit down and hang on every word Mark Foster says about the swimming...a sport she has very little interest in.

Made all the more enjoyable by another GB win. 
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    McBobbin said:
    Gold in the boxing, Galal Yafai
    Precision boxing.
    Will be inspirational in gyms up and down the country. 
    good technical little boxer his two older brothers are pro boxers, I dare say he'll follow suit
  • Options
    Gap now 5 golds
  • Options
    Brilliant bronze for Josh Kerr in the 1500m
  • Options
    Well done Josh Kerr. An amazing number of good Scottish runners at the moment
  • Options
    Sad to think with the inevitable break up of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the home nations will soon be getting the sort of medal count Spain is achieving.

• Options
    Norway is producing a lot of good runners . what has happened to the African longer distance runners .. drug testing slowing them down ?
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    Sad to think with the inevitable break up of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the home nations will soon be getting the sort of medal count Spain is achieving.

England would be well up near the top if it was competing on its own. A few team sports might be harder to compete in without Scottish team members, and there's obviously some Scottish individual medals, but it's not a big proportion. Very few Welsh competitors, and a lot of the Northern Ireland athletes already compete for Ireland not GB.

Overall there might even be a benefit - we could enter Scottish competitors as well as English. Two boxers in each weight division. A bit like the way there seem to be Kenyan long-distance runners competing for a variety of countries.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrWalker said:

England would be well up near the top if it was competing on its own. A few team sports might be harder to compete in without Scottish team members, and there's obviously some Scottish individual medals, but it's not a big proportion. Very few Welsh competitors, and a lot of the Northern Ireland athletes already compete for Ireland not GB.

Overall there might even be a benefit - we could enter Scottish competitors as well as English. Two boxers in each weight division. A bit like the way there seem to be Kenyan long-distance runners competing for a variety of countries.
    I don't think the break up is inevitable.
  • Options
    The Yafai family have some frankly incredible pugilistic DNA, all of them are top class fighters
  • Options
    India winning the men's javelin! Never thought I'd see that
  • Options
    Brazil v Spain goes into extra time in the football final.

Pedri playing his 73rd game of the season!!
  • Options
    Pentathlon double for GB .. Choong drew the same horse as French .. love the 'Waterloo spirit' displayed by the Brits,  the Duke of Wellington would have been very proud
  • Options
    Lauren Price will win the last medal of the games for Team GB, in the boxing. 

Just have to wait to see if it’ll be a gold or a silver…
  • Options
    Gold for Kenny in the Keirin. He retains his title and earns his seventh Olympic gold!
    Incredible riding to keep up that pace for the whole race
  • Options
    Kellie Harrington wins gold for Ireland in boxing 🥊 
  • Options
    Kellie Harrington wins gold for Ireland in boxing 🥊 
    Think that might be the most emotional I’ve ever seen someone after winning a medal! Fair play to her.

What time is Price starting?