Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How Many On Saturday ?

Comments

• Options
    Around 19,000 .
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    i would estimate that we have probably sold about 12k tickets already for saturday so with 3k sheff wed fans, more sales this week and then match day sales, id be surprised if it was much short of 18k - pull a few division blowers out the bag this week and could hit 20k 
    Are Andrews Heat for Hire providing the Divisional Blowers?
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Considering the occasion - new owner who we’ve been praying and fighting for for about 5 years, plus the big return after COVID - it should be a massive attendance.

But I just can’t see it. Our fanbase really isn’t that big, and I’d say 17,000 is the ceiling really.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    DOUCHER said:
    i would estimate that we have probably sold about 12k tickets already for saturday so with 3k sheff wed fans, more sales this week and then match day sales, id be surprised if it was much short of 18k - pull a few division blowers out the bag this week and could hit 20k 
    Are Andrews Heat for Hire providing the Divisional Blowers?
    if they are, that would trump the 'matchday drink' wording  :)
  • Options
    Unless there is something i'm missing - which is quite possible - it took me 2 minutes to deduce the following: (and yes, i am having a slow work day) - There are 1949 tickets left in the north stand, so that's 8051 sold, 2427 left in the east so that is 2073 sold and in the west there is 3422 left so i make that 3078 sold when taking off say 500 for directors box. That makes 13202 sold. If you had 3000 sheff wed then that is a minimum gate of 16k if another ticket is not sold and that won't be the case so i would say the gate will quite comfortably exceed 18k 
  • Options
    I am a season ticket holder (I have just turned 70), but deeply regret I will not be attending the match because of the currently high Covid infection rate. If fans were asked by the club to wear masks out of respect to others I wouldn't hesitate in going to the match, but this is clearly not going to be the case. I twice asked for guidance from the club on this matter two weeks ago, but failed to receive a reply. I know I am not alone in feeling this way. It will be interesting to see what negative impact Covid may have on the gate. Obviously I'm hoping infection rates continue to fall as it pains me to miss any games (this my 59th season). However, I cannot afford to put myself or my loved ones at risk so in the words of Dragon's Den "I'm out".
    Entirely understandable point of view. Hopefully you can get back to the valley soon!
  • Options
    I’m fearing that being live on Sky and 5:30 ko will severely hinder reaching anywhere close to a size of attendance TS deserves 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I saw John Robinson tweet that he's looking forward to the game, guessing there's a host old old players invited back for Curbs
  • Options
    I can imagine Thomas being disappointed if it’s not a sell out. Hopefully we don’t get another Bowyer style discussion around support. 

He sets the bar so high we’re bound to fall short, despite the fact any attendance close to 20k would be a fantastic turnout. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Taxi_Lad said:
    I’m fearing that being live on Sky and 5:30 ko will severely hinder reaching anywhere close to a size of attendance TS deserves 
    I don’t get this.  

We’ve been stuck watching games on tele for 18 months.  I can’t possibly see a reason for saying “you know what I think I’ll sit this one out and watch the tele”.  Unless of course you’re fearful of the infection rate which I totally get. 
    It can depend on how far you have to travel or other commitments.  I can't go now it's a 5.30, I would have gone if it was a 3pm.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    I don’t get this.  

We’ve been stuck watching games on tele for 18 months.  I can’t possibly see a reason for saying “you know what I think I’ll sit this one out and watch the tele”.  Unless of course you’re fearful of the infection rate which I totally get. 
    It can depend on how far you have to travel.  I can't go now it's a 5.30, I would have gone if it was a 3pm.
    Fair enough didn’t cross my mind that.

I live 10/15 minutes away and the sky or KO time to me is irrelevant.  I’m genuinely the most excited I’ve been since Wembley.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    I don’t get this.  

Probably because you live in BR7? Lots of people have long journeys. Each to their own.
  • Options
    It will be at least 3 more than the average attendance as I (and my kids) intend to be less sporadic this year.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    I don’t get this.  

Probably because you live in BR7? Lots of people have long journeys. Each to their own.
    I wish I lived in BR7 that username was created before I flew the nest..

Understood yes as I just replied above.
  • Options
    Neither me nor my son will be there because we are on holiday. 
  • Options
    I was 50/50 on this one given the fact that the A2 was supposed to be closed @ Bluewater from Friday night until Monday morning - Thankfully those road works have now been cancelled so dont need to worry about it being an issue.

Went to visit friends in Bexleyheath roughly two weeks ago (on a Thursday night), and the A2 had been closed there, travelled back at 9pm that day to Medway and it was a bloody nightmare trying to get from the M25 (Sat Nav took me through Dartford) up to the Bluewater junction before coming along the countrylanes to Milbrook Garden Centre.

To do that in both directions on Saturday at 4pm and then 7pm...

Would have been absolute chaos!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the sky detraction will be a lot less due to the TS first game and the covid coup up factor 
  • Options
    I was 50/50 on this one given the fact that the A2 was supposed to be closed @ Bluewater from Friday night until Monday morning - Thankfully those road works have now been cancelled so dont need to worry about it being an issue.

Went to visit friends in Bexleyheath roughly two weeks ago (on a Thursday night), and the A2 had been closed there, travelled back at 9pm that day to Medway and it was a bloody nightmare trying to get from the M25 (Sat Nav took me through Dartford) up to the Bluewater junction before coming along the countrylanes to Milbrook Garden Centre.

The Lower Road still will be however! Will catch out some I am sure.
  • Options
    edited August 2021

Where is that? - Do you mean in Woolwich?
  • Options

Where is that? - Do you mean in Woolwich?
    Yes - sorry could have been more clear
  • Options
    Seriously , third tier guff, live on a Saturday 5.30pm and Covidian times and Wednesday will have something like 3k …
    Not in a gazillion years could we ever get anywhere near those maaaasive away numbers …. Impressive beyond 

Always had good away support, remember the cup game back in 75.....or was it 76?
  • Options

I live in Medway and would have used the M20 up to Swanley interchange and coming home would take crayford turn off to Bexley and pick up M20 again to Chatham and Blue Bell hill junction, a bit of poncing about but probably less stressful than sitting in traffic,especially if we have a shit result.
  • Options
    Actual attendance about 14k, but ticket attendance will be closer to 16k, I'd imagine there's a lot of people with season tickets that won't come to the first game, and being on TV won't help walk up numbers
  • Options

I live in Medway and would have used the M20 up to Swanley interchange and coming home would take crayford turn off to Bexley and pick up M20 again to Chatham and Blue Bell hill junction, a bit of poncing about but probably less stressful than sitting in traffic,especially if we have a shit result.
    Probably would have taken the countrylanes myself, screaming myself blue in the traffic