Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How Many On Saturday ?

Comments

• Options
    Had a quick look at the ticket office and it seems we’re near the 20K mark already. 
    are you counting the 'closed' blocks as sold?
  • Options
    Had a quick look at the ticket office and it seems we’re near the 20K mark already. 
    nope - i've added up the avialable tickets on the east and deducted it from 4500 and done same in west and deducted it from 7500 for end block and directors box. North stand same and deducted from 10k - i'm a Quantity Surveyor - can u tell ?
  • Options
    sorry, correction,  i've deducted from 7000 on west then taken another 500 off for directors box 
  • Options
    although actually i probably shouldn't have deducted the 500 so actually 17800
  • Options
    No, I estimated the closed blocks to be worth 4k. 

That leaves a possible capacity of 23k. Considering  we have 6,735 tickets left on sale, I assume that means we have 16k sold already. 

Add in the 3k Wednesday fans and that brings us close.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    nope - i've added up the avialable tickets on the east and deducted it from 4500 and done same in west and deducted it from 7500 for end block and directors box. North stand same and deducted from 10k - i'm a Quantity Surveyor - can u tell ?
    Yeah, this is more accurate than my estimate.
  • Options
    My rough estimations suggest around another 300  have been sold since ElliotCAFC earlier post today. 
  • Options
    Anyone know the correct answer yet?
  • Options
    “24,000” -sky 🤔
  • Options
    BBC and Sky report "more than 17k" but haven't seen the official figure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    “24,000” -sky 🤔
    TBF, they could be not far off given the number of fans stuck in queues for drinks and food 
  • Options
    North stand looked rammo , lest so the East, any pics for the west stand?
  • Options
    So do the guesses in here confirm who the optimists and pessimists are?...
  • Options

Always amazing when you sit in a stand and it feels quite busy, and then you see a pic of it!
  • Options
    Agreed. East always feels busier than it looks.

Always disheartens me seeing pics of it so bare.
  • Options

Always amazing when you sit in a stand and it feels quite busy, and then you see a pic of it!
    Agree, was in Block G and thought it was pretty full. Pic suggests otherwise.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    I’ve made this point before, but the family stand was virtually sold out - 30 tickets available on Saturday morning, mostly single seats. But just look at the numbers actually sitting there... 🤷

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Speaking to Mick E at the open training session last Friday the conclusion we both reached was about 8k season ticket holders in the ground, 3k Sheffield Wednesday, maybe 3k match sales…I have no idea about concessions so that is guesswork, but am mindful it is on the Sky television service.
    So there may be non attending ST holders announced, but in terms of bodies actually in the ground I would think the real attendance will be closer to 15k than 16k.
    The encouraging news was that in the day following ordinary tickets released for sale 1000 were sold.
    Given the only occasional large away followings, if we have a season battling for a play off place, then it is probably realistic to hope for a seasons average of about 14.5k.
    A successful season will boost that considerably.

For away supporters the badge of honour game this season is Morecambe.
    On the contrary, I reckon we'll take 600+, we'll have the 350 that will go to virtually all. Then you'll have a LOT who will go to tick this as getting the 91/92 done with Charlton.
  • Options
    Proper away support and good songs 

one day one day …. Nah I doubt it 
    Watford 5-0
  • Options

The Covered End half of both East and West are sold before the blocks nearest to the away end.
  • Options

Watford 5-0
    190 miles to Sheffield 
    36 miles to Watford 
  • Options

Watford 5-0
    190 miles to Sheffield 
    36 miles to Watford 
    Cricket takes precedence apparently so need we say more? 
  • Options

Watford 5-0
    190 miles to Sheffield 
    36 miles to Watford 
    TEL said:

Watford 5-0
    190 miles to Sheffield 
    36 miles to Watford 
    Cricket takes precedence apparently so need we say more? 
    Owzat! 😁
  • Options
    Playing league cricket with son always trumps third tier Charlton dross 😉
  • Options
    surprised it wasn't a bit higher based on my calcs - must be something i'm missing although not far off my 18k prediction 
  • Options

Absolutely. Upper West is terrible for that. Used to feel like I was in a capacity crowd then it would turn out there were about 30 of us.