Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v AFC Wimbledon | Tuesday 10th August | 7:45PM | Match Preview | Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    'Jake Forster-Caskey remains the Addicks’ solitary long-term absentee as he steps up his recovery from the ACL injury sustained in the penultimate game of the 2020/21 League One campaign, with the tie also thought to come too soon for Ben Purrington, Alex Gilbey and Ronnie Schwartz.'

'thought', so not definite
    Might be too soon for him to start but an ideal opportunity for Schwartz to get some minutes off the bench even if it is the last 15 or 20.
  • Options
    Has Adkins cared about cup competitions in the past? 
  • Options
    Let's hope the boys perform 2-1.
  • Options
    You get the feeling that Charlton are desperate not to offer food/drink to the fans.
    Saturday all the pubs were busy at midday, but some fool decided Charlton didn't want 3 hours of busy trade, so opened at 3pm.

Tonight it's not opening at all, quite frankly I find it astonishing.
    West upper right hand side were not selling alcohol on Friday. I was told it was because the staff were all under 18. Joke
  • Options
    can anybody find a live stream for this?

• Options
    Redhenry said:

There wont be one unfortunately
  • Options
    You get the feeling that Charlton are desperate not to offer food/drink to the fans.
    Saturday all the pubs were busy at midday, but some fool decided Charlton didn't want 3 hours of busy trade, so opened at 3pm.

Yeah and then beer was running out before kick off and all you could get at HT was John smiths. Tbh beer probably ran out in the FB as people were doubling up on orders due to card reader issues (which began as soon as the bar opened)
  • Options

I would assume the decision is made on cost vs reward. 

If for example we sell 5,000 beers when we have 18,000 fans in the ground (not saying there's any accuracy in that) it makes more sense to staff and open the bar facilities. If we only have 1,800 there, does it make sense to open up to sell 500 beers?
  • Options
    More interested in the choice of music when they come out tbh. But we will win 1 nil. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Slimming World got their weekly weigh in booking in first?

Well done Gillian, you’re doing really well 👏👏
  • Options
    I know everything takes time but there far too many silly small things that aren't right at the moment. 

We seem to have filled two, very much needed but long term stratigic, positions while no one has an eye on the day to day nuts and bolts.  Get the basics right first.  That should be the mantra of every failing business.

Anyway on to the football.  I would play Pearce and Elewery together as often as possible, including u23 games if Deji is going to be our 4th center back. He will learn so much.

I would also play quite a few of the 1st XI tonight bar Stockley, Washington, Inniss and Famewo.   Davison, Pearce, Deji and Clayden in for them. Hopefully get half an hour into Watson as well. 
  • Options
    In my opinion right now Schwartz is a long way behind the curve. A 10 minute cameo maybe, but I doubt it. As things are today Josh Davison is way ahead of Ronnie.
    I expect we will see some others who have done well pre season like Deji and Clayden.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Dazzler21 said:

I would assume the decision is made on cost vs reward. 

If for example we sell 5,000 beers when we have 18,000 fans in the ground (not saying there's any accuracy in that) it makes more sense to staff and open the bar facilities. If we only have 1,800 there, does it make sense to open up to sell 500 beers?
    Get the calculation scenario Dazzler, but whatever happened to customer, sorry fan's satisfaction, 500 beers is just that, 500 fans satisfied, they don't have to open every outlet on low attendance nights, good job the local pub's don't carry that idea, when they have 6 customers in all night, somes you win, somes you lose.
  • Options
    Expect something like this:

Harness

Barker Deji Pearce Roddy

Vennings Watson Dempsey

Clayden   Davison  Ghandour
  • Options
    Not too bothered about the result, although I always would like us to win, but with such a small experienced squad, we cannot afford any injuries
  • Options
    Don't have a season ticket for 21/22 because I can only take so much disappointment in my life ! I still love Cafc and will go tonight because my son can go tonight and it's cheap as chips to get in.

I will give an honest appraisal of what I see, and how ever poor the play is or an individual plays I won't use the word "dog shit" which has no place on a football forum; only at Cruffs.

I accept people speak in the vernacular but most of us would've loved to have played in the 3rd tier.

• Options
    Redhenry said:

will be somewhere
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:

will be somewhere
    Any idea where...anybody...
  • Options
    Is the chip shop on Floyd Rd still open?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ferryman said:
    Is the chip shop on Floyd Rd still open?
    It wasn't on Saturday
  • Options

And only one kiosk open in The Curbs stand when they did open up . People just took one look at the queue and didn’t bother . If the was Rolands idea we’d be kicking off big time .
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:

will be somewhere
    Definitely won’t be . 
  • Options
    This is a first team fixture so should be treated as one. The team that played on Sat should be playing tonight.....all bar having Ronnie on the bench. 

The fact that neither scenarios look likely means I wont be going. This competition is the League Cup. I remember Paul.Walsh scoring a hat trick for us in this round. And Bowyer the same at Selhurst against the real Wimbledon (even the OS is getting confused between 2 completely different teams). 
  • Options
    This is a first team fixture so should be treated as one. The team that played on Sat should be playing tonight.....all bar having Ronnie on the bench. 

The fact that neither scenarios look likely means I wont be going. This competition is the League Cup. I remember Paul.Walsh scoring a hat trick for us in this round. And Bowyer the same at Selhurst against the real Wimbledon (even the OS is getting confused between 2 completely different teams). 
    Aside from Inniss, I agree with you. The more these front 3 can gel, the better. I'd bring in Pearce or Deji as Inniss didn't get the full pre season so 3 games in a week would be a stretch. 
  • Options

Don't be silly.
    Apart from the goalie I don't want any first teamers playing, unless NA thinks they need to.
    We've got an important game on Saturday. 
    Your forgetting that a number of U23's are first teamers. 

Perhaps if we had signed more players (on another thread the consensus is around 5) then players could be rested or the U23's need not be needed for first team duty. As I see it we are so short of players that virtually the 18 man squad involved against SW should be involved tonight. 

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:

will be somewhere
    Definitely won’t be . 
    If a tree falls down in a woods and there’s noone there does it make a sound?
  • Options

Don't be silly.
    Apart from the goalie I don't want any first teamers playing, unless NA thinks they need to.
    We've got an important game on Saturday. 
    Not to labour the point too much but if we had our squad sorted by now we could play a rotated first team and not be forced to play the U23s

I'd quite like us to win tonight, the draw was very kind to us last year and it's a big shame we weren't able to go
  • Options

the latter is unpopular opinion about wimbledon, a lot of people would see them as the same club in spirit just not legally/technically.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!