Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v AFC Wimbledon | Tuesday 10th August | 7:45PM | Match Preview | Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Traffic in Charlton Church Lane and Woolwich Road is blocked solid by the roadworks in the new cycle lane. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    No Schwartz. Who's Roddy? An academy lad?
    Son of Jed 
  • Options
    Perfect, enough first team players out there so we can moan about squad depth when they get injured.
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Rossman92 said:

Way stronger than expected. Adkins may just be a cup man
    I'm surprised he's risking Gunter and playing both Clare and Albie.
    Gunter probably will benefit from the minutes, and we can always replace him with Barker after an hour
  • Options
    Is there a possibility of extra time or is it straight to pens?
    90 minutes then penalties I believe.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    The Technical Director’s son 
  • Options
    This could be a good game to give Albie a bit of confidence. I thought he might start.
  • Options
    This could be a good game to give Albie a bit of confidence. I thought he might start.
    NA clearly wants him to do well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Croydon said:
    The Technical Director’s son 
    Here’s his last appearance in preseason:
    https://youtu.be/JMh8JK1xwLU
    Looks a good prospect.
  • Options
    Anyone seen Roddy or has his old man pulled a few strings?? 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    This is a first team fixture so should be treated as one. The team that played on Sat should be playing tonight.....all bar having Ronnie on the bench. 

The fact that neither scenarios look likely means I wont be going. This competition is the League Cup. I remember Paul.Walsh scoring a hat trick for us in this round. And Bowyer the same at Selhurst against the real Wimbledon (even the OS is getting confused between 2 completely different teams). 
    the latter is unpopular opinion about wimbledon, a lot of people would see them as the same club in spirit just not legally/technically.
    I know it's a very unpopular opinion.....but it's a fact. The team we are playing tonight did not and have not won the FA Cup. Hard to win something in 1988 when you were formed in the early 2000's. Unless you are Doctor Who or Michael J Fox.

Anyway, I digress.

Interesting to see if AFC Wimbledon put out their U23's. 
    So you regard MK Dons as the real Wimbledon? 
    Well yes of course. Wimbledon moved grounds & changed their name. Everything else stayed as was. Kept their place in the league & the players. It's hard to refute history & facts. 
  • Options
    We enter just two meaningful cup competitions a year. I still can’t get my head around that we’ve been programmed to think that even a 3rd Tier club like ourselves should be resting out players from them. 
    I so agree with this.

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a proper cup run for once. Or even get through a couple of rounds and draw Man utd or Liverpool at home.

I just don't understand why we don't take cups a bit more seriously. 
    Likewise. Also we don't have many other options....seeing as the first team squad is filled with U23's.
  • Options
    He played in the pre season friendlies. Was on Southampton’s books and then did a scholarship at a college in Reading. Shows some promise. Can play left and right side. 
  • Options
    His old man will probably get him an MBE soon as well. 
  • Options
    A good way to increase engagement and generate interest in your competition is to ensure that clubs are prevented from showing live streams of the matches. Brilliant move.
    Exactly. Great brand awareness. We've all drunk milk & I expect 99% of us have drunk Coca Cola. But Caraboo ??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is a first team fixture so should be treated as one. The team that played on Sat should be playing tonight.....all bar having Ronnie on the bench. 

The fact that neither scenarios look likely means I wont be going. This competition is the League Cup. I remember Paul.Walsh scoring a hat trick for us in this round. And Bowyer the same at Selhurst against the real Wimbledon (even the OS is getting confused between 2 completely different teams). 
    Don't be silly.
    Apart from the goalie I don't want any first teamers playing, unless NA thinks they need to.
    We've got an important game on Saturday. 
    I think the goalie is the last one we want playing, we've only got one. Give Steve Brown a contract.
  • Options
    A good way to increase engagement and generate interest in your competition is to ensure that clubs are prevented from showing live streams of the matches. Brilliant move.
    Exactly. Great brand awareness. We've all drunk milk & I expect 99% of us have drunk Coca Cola. But Caraboo ??
    England’s 156th favourite soft drink - everyone loves a Carabao (it is a soft drink, right?).
  • Options
    Lol

• Options
    I expect we're more

MacGillivray
    Gunter Elerewe Pearce Roddy
    Morgan Watson Clare
    Ghandour Davison Clayden
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    England’s 156th favourite soft drink - everyone loves a Carabao (it is a soft drink, right?).
    Ayyy it’s an energy drink, and it’s shite 
  • Options
    why is this not on Charlton TV?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I expect we're more

MacGillivray
    Gunter Elerewe Pearce Roddy
    Morgan Watson Clare
    Ghandour Davison Clayden
    I like that team. I think we will win tonight 2-1
  • Options
    Are goals shown on sky sports news?
  • Options

You can't piss your pants all day everyday on here complaining about us needing to sign more players (WE RELEASED 16 I HEARD) because the first team is too small and we'll struggle if we get injuries and then piss those same pants about us rotating in kids for a mid-week cup game at the start of the season. Well, obviously you can but it's daft.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    why is this not on Charlton TV?
    Not allowed for this cup
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!