Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v AFC Wimbledon | Tuesday 10th August | 7:45PM | Match Preview | Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    A low-key return to the valley with 3k others to watch a Charlton XI v Wimbledon's 1st team I would imagine. Must get the Middlesbrough home game out of mind on March 7th 2020. It feels a long 17 months.
  • Options

A passenger has been taken ill on a train at Lewisham and as a result of this, trains running through this station may be cancelled, delayed or revised.

This is expected until 18:30.

https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/travel-information/live-travel-information/service-disruption

• Options
    edited August 2021
    This is a first team fixture so should be treated as one. The team that played on Sat should be playing tonight.....all bar having Ronnie on the bench. 

The fact that neither scenarios look likely means I wont be going. This competition is the League Cup. I remember Paul.Walsh scoring a hat trick for us in this round. And Bowyer the same at Selhurst against the real Wimbledon (even the OS is getting confused between 2 completely different teams). 
    the latter is unpopular opinion about wimbledon, a lot of people would see them as the same club in spirit just not legally/technically.
    I know it's a very unpopular opinion.....but it's a fact. The team we are playing tonight did not and have not won the FA Cup. Hard to win something in 1988 when you were formed in the early 2000's. Unless you are Doctor Who or Michael J Fox.

Anyway, I digress.

Interesting to see if AFC Wimbledon put out their U23's. 
  • Options
    This is a first team fixture so should be treated as one. The team that played on Sat should be playing tonight.....all bar having Ronnie on the bench. 

The fact that neither scenarios look likely means I wont be going. This competition is the League Cup. I remember Paul.Walsh scoring a hat trick for us in this round. And Bowyer the same at Selhurst against the real Wimbledon (even the OS is getting confused between 2 completely different teams). 
    the latter is unpopular opinion about wimbledon, a lot of people would see them as the same club in spirit just not legally/technically.
    I know it's a very unpopular opinion.....but it's a fact. The team we are playing tonight did not and have not won the FA Cup. Hard to win something in 1988 when you were formed in the early 2000's. Unless you are Doctor Who or Michael J Fox.

Anyway, I digress.

So you regard MK Dons as the real Wimbledon? 
  • Options
    A low-key return to the valley with 3k others to watch a Charlton XI v Wimbledon's 1st team I would imagine. Must get the Middlesbrough home game out of mind on March 7th 2020. It feels a long 17 months.
    I'd be amazed if there is 3K there. 1K maybe 
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Anyway, I digress.

So you regard MK Dons as the real Wimbledon? 
    Nooooooo, please don’t get him started
  • Options
    Is tonight's game , Papa Doc Cup or Carabou Cup ?
    The latter - EFL Trophy is at the end of the month
  • Options
    You get the feeling that Charlton are desperate not to offer food/drink to the fans.
    Saturday all the pubs were busy at midday, but some fool decided Charlton didn't want 3 hours of busy trade, so opened at 3pm.

Tonight it's not opening at all, quite frankly I find it astonishing.
    West upper right hand side were not selling alcohol on Friday. I was told it was because the staff were all under 18. Joke
    This is not true. Firstly I assume you mean Saturday and the reason they weren't selling is because there was a problem in the pipes that they were hoping to get solved but couln't. The staff did in fact get some beer from the Vista lounge. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    anybody managed to get or pay for commentary?

• Options
    Absurd that this game isn't being streamed tonight. Football really is still in the dark ages with trying to monetarise  (sorry hate that word but can't think how else to put it) technological developments.

Like most others, by the look of it, I won't be there tonight. But I'd quite happily pay a tenner and sit at home and watch. As I suspect probably another 3,000 would. That's £30k in lost revenue. (Probably more because I'm sure there will be Wimbledon supporters who would also be prepared to pay to watch).

EFL/Papa John games were streamed last year. Midweek league games are to be streamed this year. But this one can't be streamed.

Makes no sense to me and football really needs to get its act together in 2021 regards streaming. 
    I agree. I live 70 miles away and so won’t be going. To me, it’s just not worth the hassle after our cup game lack of commitment in recent years.  Would happily pay a tenner to watch at home though
  • Options
    wasn't clear but u have to buy 48 hour pass, sorted
  • Options
    Absurd that this game isn't being streamed tonight. Football really is still in the dark ages with trying to monetarise  (sorry hate that word but can't think how else to put it) technological developments.

Like most others, by the look of it, I won't be there tonight. But I'd quite happily pay a tenner and sit at home and watch. As I suspect probably another 3,000 would. That's £30k in lost revenue. (Probably more because I'm sure there will be Wimbledon supporters who would also be prepared to pay to watch).

EFL/Papa John games were streamed last year. Midweek league games are to be streamed this year. But this one can't be streamed.

Makes no sense to me and football really needs to get its act together in 2021 regards streaming. 
    I don't think it's really football. I suspect Charlton would be happy to. It's the TV companies that won't let them
  • Options
    If I was  Carabou I would want as much TV exposure as I could get ….
  • Options
    Excited for this one....no seriously. Think we will sneak it on penalties, 1-1.
  • Options
    Is there a possibility of extra time or is it straight to pens?
  • Options
    If I was  Carabou I would want as much TV exposure as I could get ….
    Won’t help, shite drink
  • Options
    Roddy starts, shock
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After what I saw on Saturday, and knowing what GBH Wimbledon are always like, I suspect the ball is going to be 20 ft up in the air a lot during this match.
    Their manager plays a passing style. Indeed from what i saw of preseason, our kids play more of a passing style than our first teamers!
  • Options
    Where's Sugar Kane and Eaton Messi?
  • Options
    We enter just two meaningful cup competitions a year. I still can’t get my head around that we’ve been programmed to think that even a 3rd Tier club like ourselves should be resting out players from them. 
  • Options
    Anyone remember in the Powell title winning season we played an early league cup game with the reserves and we played brilliantly? Might have been against Reading or Derby 
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

Way stronger than expected. Adkins may just be a cup man
    I'm surprised he's risking Gunter and playing both Clare and Albie.
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Rossman92 said:

Way stronger than expected. Adkins may just be a cup man
    I'm surprised he's risking Gunter and playing both Clare and Albie.
    Unless…..
  • Options
    Good to see NA respecting the fans and the competition by putting out a strongish team . 

Bowyer look and learn . 
  • Options
    No Schwartz. Who's Roddy? An academy lad?
  • Options
    Where are Vennings and Dempsey? The latter is a senior squad member now. I know Henry had Covid in pre-season so presumably is behind but would have expected the others to be involved?
  • Options
    That bench is desperately short of attacking options if we need to chase the game, but fine for closing it out
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!