Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match thread: Milton Keynes v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 17th August, 2021

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Terrible result, bad injuries, but I actually thought it was the best we played in our four games so far. Not that that's saying much.
    I think the first 20 minutes was the best we'd played this season. 2nd half was the worst we've played.

There are definitely some positives to take away. But far more negatives I'm afraid. That's not the worst Charlton game I've ever seen, but it was certainly one of the most pathetic performances. Those MK players must be laughing at how predictable every move we made in the 2nd half was. 
  • Options
    Says something when folk are crying out for Schwartz to rescue us!
  • Options
    Home, shocking, don't know what else to say but could be a long season ahead for us travelling fans on the last week's showing.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I am not proud to say that I have been calling this for weeks & weeks. Got pelters on the Transfer Rumours thread back in early July when I questioned our lack of transfers.....got told not to panic & the transfer window doesn't close until end of August. 

Even got told by a poster that they wanted to rip my head off & piss down my neck for daring to suggest that TS's transfer policy was no different to Duchatalet. I said at least under RD we brought players in.

Seems like TS is happy to rely on the U23's. That's ok if you have a Shelvey, a Gomez or a Parker. Not so good if you have Claydon, Roddy or Vennings.

Think it might be too late anyway. Most of the good players have joined new clubs and any other players we are interested in the selling clubs will know we are desperate & will be upping their prices as I type.

Just too fucking late. Time to strengthen was back in June & July.

Could be in the bottom 4 come 5pm Saturday. And I dare anyone to call me a bedwetter. 
    The thing is mate you "call it out" when we are 3-0 up, that we should go for the 4th, if we signed someone who scored 20 goals the previous season you would want someone that scored 25. 

If we signed Messi you would moan we didn't get Ronaldo as well.

If we won the league with 99 points you would moan we didn't get 100.

If you predict the apocalypse on an hourly basis your be right eventually. 
    If we signed somebody who can score 20, signing somebody who can score 25 improves us. Why would you not want that. We have lost about 25 goals with Aneke, JFC and Gilbey and not brought any in to compensate. We haven't signed Messi or Ronaldo and we have absolutely no chance of getting near 99 points as it stands.
    Don't worry. The poster was having a dig at me for some reason. 99% of posters are saying the same thing but when I say it I must just be seeing the negative in everything. Weird how some people just have a downer on others.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Says something when folk are crying out for Schwartz to rescue us!
    Believe it or not, I am one of them very few who think we should be give him a crack. I don’t know what the situation is with Ronnie but if he is playable then why not? He could actually surprise many of us.! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Isn’t being a Charlton fan great!
  • Options
    I don’t know what Adkins has been doing the last few months. We are really bad. No leadership. I’m not impressed with either Dobson or Clare. Gunter is terrible. Inniss was like a donkey and went off exhausted. Not too convinced of the new goalie. Famewo is ok. Washington went off injured. Morgan is too young for the responsibility. 
    Kirk could make a difference but it’s the players around him. They’re no good. DJ started brightly but really faded. Stockley is good but what can he do on his own! We are that bad. Is the problem Adkins or is TS deluded. Europe in 5 years!! That’s a joke.  Relegation form is what I see.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    So what's going wrong at Ipswich? Before the season no one would grumble at the quality of player they have bought in, as well as the experience of the manager - but currently they find themselves in the exact same situation as us. 

You have to feel they have more chance of turning it around then us, but I guess we always have more leeway to improve our squad more so (if we start to being in quality players). 
    Ipswich have signed too many players and Cook is still clearly working out what his best team is. It's a much better problem than we have but with the same results at the moment. You'd have to fancy them to get it right at some point though. 
    Yep.  I'd say us and Ipswich lack a lot of confidence.  I don’t believe these players are this bad. 
    You mean Dobson and Clare our starting midfield that couldn’t get into their league one first teams last season, can’t be that bad? 

I can. 
    Or do you mean the Dobson and Clare that went on loan to almost relegated Burton and Wimbledon and helped keep them up?

Glass is either half empty or half full.

Like last year none of the players individually are awful (Gunter playing at left back aside) the balance in midfield is wrong (Adkins got that right 1st time after Bowyer got it wrong for 4 months).   Honestly I believe 1 or 2 more "best" players would transform this team. We need more depth as well, don't get me wrong. 

We played some nice stuff, on the floor, until they equalised.  Like I said after the Oxford game the lower the confidence gets the longer the ball goes.  It's just like Parkinson's team that got relegated from the championship.  Best team until they score then it all falls to pieces.

Funny how good Amos, Gilbey, JFC and Aneke are now.  All 4 would massively improve us but 3 of them were hammered last year despite being our 3 best players. 
    Dobson and Clare are shit and no one can tell me otherwise. Could not give a fuck who or what they have done elsewhere, they add absolutely nothing to our midfield. There's a reason we're hoofing it so much to bypass them. 
    It's funny because 2 months ago posters were saying we should be going for Fraser & Twine. Everyone was saying it. But we end up with 2 average league 1 players who aren't really going to set the world alight.....and we are supposed to be thankful because TS saved us from going out of business. 

Think I'd rather have kept Shinnie.
  • Options
    3 (league) games in & we've already been Golfie'd. 

How many games did it take us during the 19/20 & 20/21 seasons......36 ?

Pah !
  • Options
    Isn’t being a Charlton fan great!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Right, I think I'm done with the moaning for tonight... 

I love being back watching Charlton regardless of the result. See you all on Saturday! COYA
  • Options
    How are they, KF?
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    How are they, KF?
    Slightly stale...
  • Options
    PWR again as needed some serious Galaxy choc & more wine to help calm me down after tonight's match.

Having been at the game and still fuming, I'm now eating out of date Cashew nuts. That sums up my evening!
    If they expand in your tummy and ruin your chances, it will be only apt ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Another game where we looked technically outclassed. 

In the Prem you are outclassed by the big sides. In league one... we ARE the big side and yet we get outclassed by MK Dons and Oxford. 

We saw it last season and we see it again now, it's beyond frustrating. Why do we not have better footballers?
  • Options
    Those saying "at least under RD we....". Really have very very short memories. Let us not forget we should be extinct by now. It was THAT close before the takeover. Just accept the present fact. We have a crap team. And crap teams lose football matches. A LOT! Where is the shock in that? TS came in and backed our manager. LB subsequently jumped ship (before being pushed) and TS installed a proven successful manager at this level. So far so good. Instead of building on a nearly successful last season they chose (or had to accept) that best parts of that team would leave. To then expect the now crap team to improve on last year is just a ridiculous expectation. 

Innis, Famewo, Gunter, Kirk, JFC & Stockley are the only players fit for a promotion push. The rest are sandbags we need to offload if we are going to go higher. 

As that is not going to happen. Let us be content with what we actually have. A poor team that shows little sign of matching last season's points haul.