Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match thread: Milton Keynes v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 17th August, 2021

edited August 2021 in General Charlton
Not the result anyone here wanted, though our performance was much better at times than in the previous few matches. But when things went against us, even little things, we capitulated. Their equaliser came out of nowhere—only three minutes after Stockley’s opener gave us the lead—after Dobson abandoned his post in an attempt to secure a loose ball he had no hope of winning. Their second goal was similarly against the run of play, providing a gut punch from which we couldn’t recover.

We’ve conceded four goals in two games, all of which should have been avoided. Adkin’s wanted to build this season on clean sheets, but we don’t look anything solid enough to live up to that aspiration. We’re devoid of ideas and fragile, which is a bad combination. Without significant resources I can’t see where the spark we need will come from. And it’s frustrating to see good players floundering.

MK Dons 2 Charlton 1

Comments

• Options
    Boom
  • Options
    Is 20th in the third division the lowest we have ever been???
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    We're in a world of trouble.
  • Options
    Going to have a good laugh on the Macauley Bonne thread to cheer up after that
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Unacceptable , performance non existent. Passion only from the fans, if  I had performed like that I would have been docked wages
  • Options
    Gonna be a long old season.
  • Options
    Oh dear that was shite, need new blood asap
  • Options
    In for the meltdowns
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Time to move on from Morgan. We need a real creative spark and experienced reinforcements across the board. 

Edit: Wont be listening to Adkins words. No positive spin on this start to a season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I pray Adkins doesn't come on and say that was a good performance, we made a load of chances, we were unlucky etc
  • Options
    Time to move on from Morgan. We need a real creative spark and experienced reinforcements across the board. 
    Let’s blame all of our shortcomings on a kid .. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Let's be honest. Aside from the first 15 minutes, that was very poor.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not very good. So much weaker as a team and squad than last year. Let's hope there are some nice surprising signings otherwise it will be a struggle this season. Proper struggle.
  • Options
    I honestly don’t think Adkins is the answer. I know there are other factors at play here but he’s not. 
  • Options
    There'll be

1  TS has let us down.

2  The LB fan club, scenting blood, will make a resurgence.

3  Wait til the loans come in

4  Wait til the Jan window.

5  It's Ben Watson's fault.
  • Options
    Looks like TS will be taking us out of League 1. 

Watson and Gunter - stealing a living. 
    Morgan - not good enough

Need a Cullen type ball winner and a striker. 
    I reckon the Nads love-in will be over by the end of Sept. 

oh, and it’s crap footy to watch too. 
  • Options
    Is 20th in the third division the lowest we have ever been???
    Probably. But trust me plenty of time to do worse.
  • Options
    My God that was another awful second half performance, losing faith in our manager fast. The system is not working, he brings Watson on when we are 2-1 down. I’m sure he will come out with all the excuses but in all honesty he looks well out of his depth.