Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match thread: Milton Keynes v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 17th August, 2021

Comments

• Options
    Just speechless after that second half

Didnt come out for it in the slightest, would love to know why Inniss got taken off - Elewere did well but a bit like Joe Pigott when we played Millwall, he's just not ready for this level of Football - I'm all for using youngsters, as they'll raise transfer fees, but its suicidal throwing them in far too early like that.

We just didnt get going

Kirk I feel really sorry for, probably wasnt ready if he's not trained enough with this team but get him into the game, you hear commentators saying that players should be given a feel for the ball as soon as they get on the pitch, but the poor lad was bloody ignored.

Still refuse to panic as other teams have finished top six after a bad start, but god do we need an improvement.

Trouble is; Sheff Wed and Oxford, they're the teams you can expect to struggle against.

Milton Keynes, no disrespect but they're the standard team at this level - If we're struggling agains them its a concern.
    You’ll be shocked how high they finish this year. They keep the ball better than anyone and their front 3 can rival any in the division. 
    Agree with this, I think they're a decent side. Thought they looked quite good last year as well, despite their league position. That's not to say we weren't poor for parts of the first half and the entirety of the second half, but I think MK Dons will be very decent this season. 
  • Options
    I am not proud to say that I have been calling this for weeks & weeks. Got pelters on the Transfer Rumours thread back in early July when I questioned our lack of transfers.....got told not to panic & the transfer window doesn't close until end of August. 

Even got told by a poster that they wanted to rip my head off & piss down my neck for daring to suggest that TS's transfer policy was no different to Duchatalet. Said at least under RD we brought players in.

Seems like TS is happy to rely on the U23's. That's ok if you have a Shelvey, a Gomez or a Parker. Not so good if you have Claydon, Roddy or Vennings.

Think it might be too late anyway. Most of the good players have joined new clubs and any other players we are interested in the selling clubs will know we are desperate & will be upping their prices as I type.

Just too fucking late. Time to strengthen was back in June & July.

Could be in the bottom 4 come 5pm Saturday. And I dare anyone to call me a bedwetter. 

"Even got told by a poster that they wanted to rip my head off & piss down my neck for daring to suggest that TS's transfer policy was no different to Duchatalet."

The transfer rumours thread has taken a few wacky turns for sure.
  • Options
    Oh dear, it's going to be a long hard  season.

Lack of quality all over the pitch.

MK are a good ball playing side though.

Four more players of quality are required, but I'm not hopeful to be honest.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Just speechless after that second half

Didnt come out for it in the slightest, would love to know why Inniss got taken off - Elewere did well but a bit like Joe Pigott when we played Millwall, he's just not ready for this level of Football - I'm all for using youngsters, as they'll raise transfer fees, but its suicidal throwing them in far too early like that.

We just didnt get going

Kirk I feel really sorry for, probably wasnt ready if he's not trained enough with this team but get him into the game, you hear commentators saying that players should be given a feel for the ball as soon as they get on the pitch, but the poor lad was bloody ignored.

Still refuse to panic as other teams have finished top six after a bad start, but god do we need an improvement.

Trouble is; Sheff Wed and Oxford, they're the teams you can expect to struggle against.

Milton Keynes, no disrespect but they're the standard team at this level - If we're struggling agains them its a concern.
    You’ll be shocked how high they finish this year. They keep the ball better than anyone and their front 3 can rival any in the division. 
    I tipped them to finish in the Play-Offs when they had Russell Martin in charge.

What I liked was their front three kept changing, was never just one of their front three in the middle, but instead kept changing about  - I know Stockley isnt a wide player but surely get Kirk and Jaiyesimi switching wings to challenge their full-backs

Especially if its not working like it wasnt that second half

I mean LEWINGTON was often one of the flank Centre-Backs for christ sake and we NEVER ran at him!!!!!

That bloke will be starting games with a zimmer frame before long
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Time to move on from Morgan. We need a real creative spark and experienced reinforcements across the board. 
    Let’s blame all of our shortcomings on a kid .. 
    He's 21 now not a teenager 
    He’s still hardly played any football.  
    How long do we have to give him? He's clearly not good enough. Why do we have to persevere just because he's come through the academy?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First half acceptable. Second half …

• Options
    I am not proud to say that I have been calling this for weeks & weeks. Got pelters on the Transfer Rumours thread back in early July when I questioned our lack of transfers.....got told not to panic & the transfer window doesn't close until end of August. 

Even got told by a poster that they wanted to rip my head off & piss down my neck for daring to suggest that TS's transfer policy was no different to Duchatalet. I said at least under RD we brought players in.

Seems like TS is happy to rely on the U23's. That's ok if you have a Shelvey, a Gomez or a Parker. Not so good if you have Claydon, Roddy or Vennings.

Think it might be too late anyway. Most of the good players have joined new clubs and any other players we are interested in the selling clubs will know we are desperate & will be upping their prices as I type.

Just too fucking late. Time to strengthen was back in June & July.

Could be in the bottom 4 come 5pm Saturday. And I dare anyone to call me a bedwetter. 

Nail on head for me golfie.  
  • Options
    Absolute dogshite.
    This has to be one of the worst teams I can recall in all of the years I have supported this club.

With this team we will be lucky to avoid relegation.
    The first eleven are not good enough, and the rest are a bunch of untried kids.

Pathetic.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Is this the worst league one Charlton team weve ever had?
    Just wait 'till next season! It could be the best League Two Charlton team we've ever had. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Even if there are quality players available, why would they choose to sign for us? It just feels like we're royally screwed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well the defensive gaffs have started earlier than last season. Nice kit, ok first 15 mins, good opening goal, great away support. The rest pretty awful. A paper thin squad which is probably down two senior players for the weekend. Not looking good.
  • Options
    Second half was possibly even worse than Saturday. Thin squad or not, that level of football is just unacceptable. 

Clare and Dobson are dreadful additions. Defence is a shambles. What does it say that we take our starting CB off to play an untested kid? Gunter at LB continues to be farcical, but it's not his fault.

Stockley completely isolated, and once you mark him that's our game plan fucked.

We brought Kirk on and didn't even try to get him involved. 
  • Options
    HandG said:
    Nicholas said:
    Adkins, Sansgaard the squad are an absolute crock of shit. Absolute sick of this shit now 
    It’s only been three games!!
    It's been three games!! This isn't one bad performance we're talking about now
  • Options
    Harsh to blame players who are doing their jobs, it's the poor midfield and they know they are playing Saturday, even though they are poor.
  • Options
    What concerns me the most is something that Matt Holland said in the build up.

He talked about winning promotion with Ipswich and how they didnt care if they went behind as they knew they could bring it back - On that showing tonight, and by the sound of things from Saturday... We go behind and we're scared shitless
    Did you not feel the same though? When MK went 2-1 up I would have bet my house we couldn't win the game. We couldn't pass, we just lump it up to Stockley. I bet many few on here felt confident we'd score again let alone win the game. 
  • Options
    HandG said:
    Nicholas said:
    Adkins, Sansgaard the squad are an absolute crock of shit. Absolute sick of this shit now 
    It’s only been three games!!
    What’s your point another 33 games with a shit squad like and we will be in league 2 come may. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021

We were good value for the lead after 15 mins, but after that…. absolute toilet.

In 2019 we’d often start a bit slower but then suss out the pattern of the game and get more and more on top as the game went on. Well… for well over 18 months now, teams are doing that to us and we never seem capable of adjusting to get control back. Results just happen to us. 

Midfield is nowhere near it. Albie had one great assist but again faded and then made some moronic decisions, particularly the brain dead foul (which he did one of earlier but higher up the pitch) which led to their second goal (although like Saturday he was hardly solely responsible following really poor defending to allow the goal). 

Clare…. Where more like. Dobson, a trier but limited. 

DJ a threat but the only one. Stockley trying but being asked too much of. 

Defence is all over the shop too. Innis unfit and getting dragged out of position. Gunter, out of position or not, is shit at everything - for someone so experienced his positioning is terrible, he’s slow, his passing is poor, the list goes on. Famewo looks good but can’t do everything. Matthews is okay but we’ll never dominate attackingly with such defensive minded fullbacks, they hardly overlap at all. Karl Robinson made an assute point about Kirk that he had good attacking fullbacks to play with at Crewe, he simply does not have that here and it’ll hinder him in my opinion, just like it hinders DJ on the other side. 

And MacGillivray… not impressed at all and has done nothing to change my mind that a the popular opinion that Amos wasn’t that good was well wide of the mark.