Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match thread: Milton Keynes v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 17th August, 2021

Comments

• Options
    Disgraceful, Thomas needs to put the money where his mouth is or he’ll be trying to flog a league 2 team next season. Adkins tactics need a touch up too. 
  • Options
    Utter dogshit
  • Options
    Feeling for NA. Recruitment team whoever you are, please pull your f*****g fingers out!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crap….
  • Options
    Had TS already opted out after we failed to get promoted.  You have to wonder.
  • Options
    come back Purrington all is forgiven, also our goalie is not a patch on Amos
    So agree with that.

I asked on the match thread - has he come for a cross all season?

He looks a huge downgrade at the moment.
  • Options
    I dont get the hype about famewo, didn't last year. Looks like a calamity waiting to happen every time. 

We need to completely revamp the midfield. 
  • Options
    I was in the minority that did not think Adkins was a good appointment but I can’t blame him for this debacle.

This lies solely at the feet of the “Rockstar Owner” who seems to love the limelight and adulation from the fans - but doesn’t seem to realise that the love will run out pretty sharpish unless he invests.

Sorry, I just don’t get it, what is the point of buying a loss making League One team and then not actually trying to improve their squad and get promoted? Why waste everyone’s time like this? 
    To be honest was there anyone overly excited when Adkins' name first got mentioned?

He helped himself by having a very strong end to the season, but that wasnt his squad was it...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I blame Brentford
  • Options
    Like I said in the match thread, we could have brought on Neymar when Washington got injured and it wouldn't have made a difference. The only play we have is lump it to Stockley and pray. 

The midfield 3 are no better than when we had Foley and Crofts in midfield, it's completely devoid of guile, drive and technical proficiency.

Morgan lovers cling on to one or two passes every game that he manages to pull off, but the other 95% of his play is not good enough, he also got booked for a petulant challenge after getting frustrated at himself, not what we need. 

Dobson is a non entity, a destroyer who can't break play up very well

Clare is an athlete, and that's it, may as well be a cross country runner.

DJ is a waste of space, I'd sooner play a left back on loan at right wing than him, and that's saying something
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    What a surprise the same people from last year are back moaning again. No it wasn’t great, give it time.

My frustration comes from how pedestrian the team looks with such a small amount of recruitment. 

But the midfield is all completely different. Matthews and Gunter have always been bad. 

Glad to see people blaming the players this time and not the manager.
    Matthews was my POTY in the Championship. He has some limitations, but he's not bad. Gunter looks past it and awkward at Left Back. 
  • Options
    Gunter is the worse  FB I  have seen in a Charlton shirt. Bring back bowyer or bring back curbs. Adkins over confidence positive enthusiasm is just bullshit to cover his in capabilities as a manager. We are going nowhere this season hopefully not to division 4 for first time. Looks very desperate to me. Need someone up with stockley if 3 or or not one player has got to be close to work of him. 
  • Options
    Shocking! Three games in and we look below average, we’re so far behind and if we’re including Wimbledon, that is three defeats in a row. Doesn’t breed confidence and we look a shambles. 
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    It's only taken 3 1/2 games for what now appears to be the majority to see how woefully short in squad size and quality we are.

I don't want apologies from anybody who attacked me or anybody else who dare question what the fuck is going on.

I want the club to take this shit seriously.   We are in very bad trouble.  If Stockley gets injured we are royally fucked.

This is as bad as I've known it playing wise.  Please CAFC listen to us.  We need reinforcements.   And quickly.
    Don't be a bellend all your life, 99% of this forum knew we were short, both in quality and quantity. Sure, a few (including myself) might have overestimated the quality of the first XI we've been able to put out but we all knew we needed depth. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Three defeats and one draw. Only two goals scored. One a penalty. And five conceded. No wins. 
    If an American can’t understand those stats and buy some players then we’re screwed.