Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match thread: Milton Keynes v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 17th August, 2021

Comments

• Options
    Absolute disgrace. Didn’t have a shot in the second half. Don’t remember a performance that bad under Bowyer or even Robbo.

Only positive was that Deji looked impressive for a proper youngster. 

At least Adkins and the players fronted up to the abuse. Embarrassing performance. To anyone who stayed to the final whistle got to tell the players that they aren’t fit to wear the shirt. 

Absolute disgrace. Cannot hide this year as we will call them for those pathetic performance.
  • Options
    Is 20th in the third division the lowest we have ever been???
    Probably. But trust me plenty of time to do worse.
    Sad Face GIFs  Tenor
  • Options
    Terrible. Yet another mistake. 

Also the second, pick the man up second passage of play. Nothing in CM, no creativity. 

Stockley completely isolated up front 
  • Options
    we don't even look like a league 1 side in a negative sense. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First half was better than Saturday....second half was just abject crap!! I'm a big TS/NA supporter, but they need to do something and they need to do it tomorrow!!
    First season ticket in nearly 25 years......I'm suddenly asking myself why?

See you Saturday, hopefully with some new players in the squad!
  • Options
    We were good for 15 minutes then second best in all departments once we conceded. Why we didn't have 2 players pressing their CB and keeper for their goal kicks I'll never know. 

Need to be better at keeping the ball in midfield or at least if we can't do that be better at stopping other teams just pass through us.

Very disappointing again but at least Ipswich will probably beat us to last place at this rate.
  • Options
    The only good thing about tonight is that sny expectation I had about the season has evaporated. I genuinely believed Sandgaard would help create a promotion challenging team,. He has not and, if you listen to him now, has no intention of spending the money needed to replace Aneke or to bring in proper midfielders or defensive cover
    So, a season of struggle, but at least low expectations can be met.
  • Options
    Will Adkins walk if he doesn’t get the six or seven players he needs as he did at Hull?
  • Options
    I don’t care what anyone says but we have massively failed in the transfer window so far l, to be this far into the season and have 3 under 18s on the bench tells you everything you need to know , one of Adkins , Gallen , Roddenberry or Sandgaard has had an absolute mare.

for me if Roddenberry was bought into guide TS clearly something is failing 
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    That was a total disgrace second half . We’re 8 players short minimum. Happy to not see any of that midfield bar DJ again 
    Is that the DJ that was shot at dawn on Sunday. 
  • Options
    I knew when someone said said see you next Tuesday after Oxford that this was not going to go well.
  • Options
    I feared this a couple of months ago. Need to go 4-4-2 and be a bit more direct. Midfield hasn't got the creativity or nouse. Bypass them. We need a pacey or tall centre forward and a few more players who know where the goal is. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton Athletic FC, cursed since 1947 :s
  • Options
    I don't really understand what our gameplan is. That second half performance from the midfield was one of the worst I've ever seen from a Charlton team. Desperately need a quality CM and Gilbey back. Also need another quality winger and why we didn't sign a LB when Purrington got injured is a bloody mystery. Gunter is doing ok but it's not his position. 

Recruitment has to be blamed. I can't see how Dobson and Clare improve us, I'd rather play Henry than Dobson. 
  • Options
    kentred2 said:
    Will Adkins walk if he doesn’t get the six or seven players he needs as he did at Hull?
    No. And I have no idea why people keep asking this
  • Options
    Adkins, Sansgaard the squad are an absolute crock of shit. Absolute sick of this shit now 
  • Options
    "Mornin' everyone.  Troost you slept well.  I foockin' didn't."
  • Options
    Rather embarrassing, but hole heartedly depressing! 

A team that looks like strangers, with no game plan (no, not even lump it up to stockley) and just wanted to play it back to the defence…

fair from play offs, but not too far from relegation struggling teams- very worrying! 

Morgan brings nothing to the team whatsoever (other than constant fouls and awful passing) and when paired with Clare (who equally wants to beat Morgan to who can make the most fouls) is so pisspoor and ineffective that it makes Watson spraying the balls around the back look positive! 

Dobson just as missing as Kirk, who barely had a touch- but tried well defensively.

defence looks shakey and weak, the fullbacks constantly either losing the ball or playing into danger- all whilst being so far away from the two CBs leaving them so exposed! Gunter shouldn’t be anywhere near the team currently! 

Ok cameo from elerewe, who seems to jump into tackles and the balls in and around the box again leaving gaping wholes to be exploited. 

So deflated tonight, just can’t see where we’re going to score let alone pick up 3 points- a season that ideally was a ‘must challenge’ , we look like we’ll be up to speed by January at this rate! Shocking!!! 

Fear that the feel good factor will quickly evaporate, and TS & NA will have a lot of negativity on their hands and rightly so! 
    MK Dons looked like Brazil compared to us tonight