Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match thread: Milton Keynes v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 17th August, 2021

Comments

• Options
    No Adkins yet, surely he hasn’t resigned already……. 
  • Options
    There were some nice moments in that, but sadly once again, my favourite bits of the evening have been the pre and post match stuff, rather than the match itself. But I have other things to be getting on with rather than post-mortems tonight.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    HandG said:
    Nicholas said:
    Adkins, Sansgaard the squad are an absolute crock of shit. Absolute sick of this shit now 
    It’s only been three games!!
    What’s your point another 33 games with a shit squad like and we will be in league 2 come may. 
    What if we win the last 10?
  • Options
    What concerns me the most is something that Matt Holland said in the build up.

He talked about winning promotion with Ipswich and how they didnt care if they went behind as they knew they could bring it back - On that showing tonight, and by the sound of things from Saturday... We go behind and we're scared shitless
    Did you not feel the same though? When MK went 2-1 up I would have bet my house we couldn't win the game. We couldn't pass, we just lump it up to Stockley. I bet many few on here felt confident we'd score again let alone win the game. 
    Thats what I mean and we barely looked like going 2-1 up ourselves when it was 1-1 - We cant have another season of shipping two goals a game, but if we do the players need to be bloody well prepared to fight to get themselves back into the game
  • Options
    What concerns me the most is something that Matt Holland said in the build up.

He talked about winning promotion with Ipswich and how they didnt care if they went behind as they knew they could bring it back - On that showing tonight, and by the sound of things from Saturday... We go behind and we're scared shitless
    I can't say what I have been saying since before the season started as I have vowed not to say it again, but there is a reason we can't score goals.
  • Options
    Not sure why we’re worried. I mean, look at Blackpool last season, started shit and stormed the play offs. Just got to have a bit of faith............
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure why we’re worried. I mean, look at Blackpool last season, started shit and stormed the play offs. Just got to have a bit of faith............
    Just hope they looked shit on the pitch and werent just out played - As we didnt exactly blow them away in October when we won 1-0 there
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    It's only taken 3 1/2 games for what now appears to be the majority to see how woefully short in squad size and quality we are.

I don't want apologies from anybody who attacked me or anybody else who dare question what the fuck is going on.

I want the club to take this shit seriously.   We are in very bad trouble.  If Stockley gets injured we are royally fucked.

This is as bad as I've known it playing wise.  Please CAFC listen to us.  We need reinforcements.   And quickly.
    Don't be a bellend all your life, 99% of this forum knew we were short, both in quality and quantity. Sure, a few (including myself) might have overestimated the quality of the first XI we've been able to put out but we all knew we needed depth. 
    Yes I'm the bell end for saying how bad it was and would be.

I'm the bell end for knowing a decent footballer when I see one  

Keep attacking.   Unlike Charlton.....
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    What a surprise the same people from last year are back moaning again. No it wasn’t great, give it time.

My frustration comes from how pedestrian the team looks with such a small amount of recruitment. 

But the midfield is all completely different. Matthews and Gunter have always been bad. 

Glad to see people blaming the players this time and not the manager.
    What a stupid comment. What do you want us to do, celebrate our fantastic performances over the last few days? 
  • Options
    Worst league 1 performance since Swindon 3-0 when Slade got sacked?
  • Options
    Unfortunately the game plan without Gilbey is very much to just play long ball to stockley. 

Ad to the equation theres no Millar to drive at defences, and no aneke to bring on late just shows how one dimensional and lacklustre we are.

midfield constantly were overrun and equally constantly overran any possession we had.

Very hard to be positive tonight, dreading this season (and the highly likely outcome/consequence of another year + in this shire league) nd we’ve only played 3 sodding games!!!
  • Options
    Dunno that 3-0 defeat against Blackpool last season was pretty dire @ the Valley
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still fed up of being patient! 
  • Options
    Dunno that 3-0 defeat against Blackpool last season was pretty dire @ the Valley
    Behind close doors so didn’t count those matches, just my personal opinion.
  • Options

TS has a new 5 year plan, at least we’ll be providing a pathway from the youth academy though, who needs to sign good players to get us to the Premier League when you can sell the likes of Albie Morgan to Gillingham for 500k
  • Options
    Sounds like Inniss will be fine for Saturday

Sounds like it was always the plan for him to do 45mins the way Adkins is talking
  • Options
    Hard to find any positives in that.

So much expectation. I know he hasn't probably got the squad he wants, But with a full summer behind him, I expected Adkins to set us up much better than that.
    Busted flush?  Maybe.

We look devoid of pace and invention. Woefully slow and much of the time at sixes and sevenses at the back.
    Big concern for me.
    I don’t think those defenders will be getting 6s and 7s today!
  • Options
    I thought Saturday was poor, but that second half was a new level of shittiness.  Feels so much like a couple of seasons ago when after the covid restart we just sleepwalked into oblivion.  It’s like a slow motion car crash
  • Options
    The deficiencies of this team are alarming.   No leaders in midfield or defence.   Front 3 each 40 yards from eachother.  Fullbacks offering little going forward...in the modern era that means you're playing with 9 men going forward. 

And no plan B, obviously.
  • Options

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Yet again I just repeat what I say in preview. 
    We will be in the bottom half of the table in early September until the two quality loans come in and  two transfers. If that doesn't happen we will be bottom half. 

1st half decent but poor goal given away but 2nd half we played like a relegation side.

No need to scapegoat any individual because they were all poor 2nd half but we are well short after 3 League games and a poor Cup performance.

25 clean sheets Nigel ?