Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Elliot Lee - gone to Wrexham (p15)

Comments

• Nicely paid and will be able to probably boost his stats in terms of goals and assists. 

It all started so well here, then towards the end, he couldn't even deliver a corner or free kick.
  • edited July 2022
    Chunes said:
    mendonca said:
    Nicely paid and will be able to probably boost his stats in terms of goals and assists. 

It all started so well here, then towards the end, he couldn't even deliver a corner or free kick.
    So strange wasn't it. I thought he looked quality in his first few games too. Great touch, quick feet, could spot a pass, play on the half-turn, good engine, won tackles. But then, what happened? The guy got a case of the Gilbies and couldn't even do the simple things right. He looked bloody awful at the end, I felt myself groaning when he was coming off the bench.
    Thought the amount of pressing that Jacko wanted him to do destroyed his confidence. Expected to be pressing to win the ball and at the same time be our play maker and trying to link up between midfield and striker. Wasn’t fit enough to do that and eventually went off the boil. Unfortunately, never looked like scoring or creating enough to be allowed the free role in the team. 

his cameo at home to Gillingham is one of the worst showings I have seen for a long time.
  • AndyG said:
    All this talk about nobody at the club understands recruitment. Well if you look at the list of players released someone clearly does 
    Who got them in in the first place 🤷‍♂️
    Roddy obviously mate 🤭🤭
  • He will take liberties at that level, that is some signing!
  • CAFCsayer said:
    He will take liberties at that level, that is some signing!
    Behave, he runs around in circles. There are far better players than Lee in the Conference and they do not take "liberties" 
  • I know they messed it up last season but i can't see it happening again. They've made a number of signings from league 1 & 2 clubs, they've got 2 league one quality strikers, and now with Lee playing behind them they should be far too good for that division.
  • Hope it works out for Elliot.
  • Sponsored links:

• I know they messed it up last season but i can't see it happening again. They've made a number of signings from league 1 & 2 clubs, they've got 2 league one quality strikers, and now with Lee playing behind them they should be far too good for that division.

My minds being annoying, their two league 1 strikers are the guy from Wimbledon and?

My minds being annoying, their two league 1 strikers are the guy from Wimbledon and?
    Mullin. He was the league 2 top scorer and player of the season (so to me that makes him league one quality).
  • AndyG said:
    All this talk about nobody at the club understands recruitment. Well if you look at the list of players released someone clearly does 
    He wasn't ours to release. Our recruitment team brought him on loan
  • Croydon said:
    AndyG said:
    No your right although I'm pretty sure he would have stayed if we had offered a contract, no ?
  • AndyG said:
    Croydon said:
    AndyG said:
    No your right although I'm pretty sure he would have stayed if we had offered a contract, no ?
    Maybe.  But he certainly didn’t earn a contract based on his time here, so it’s really hard to say.  

Mullin. He was the league 2 top scorer and player of the season (so to me that makes him league one quality).
    That's the guy I was thinking of. I don't think mullin or palmer would get 15 each in league 1, I think they are 20+ in league 2 but as tier 5 players with lee in the team, they should score goals for fun at that level
  • Scabbles said:
    AndyG said:
    Croydon said:
    AndyG said:
    Maybe.  But he certainly didn’t earn a contract based on his time here, so it’s really hard to say.  
    His old man was really pushing for a contract for him when he was on Valley Pass. Whilst at the same time slagging off George Dobson! That managed to even rile Scotty Minto. 

I am not a massive fan of his old man as a result of his Valley Pass appearances. 
    I've heard that lee (snr) isn't a sandgaard fan and was encouraging lee jnr not to sign if offered a contract. Not sure how true this is, I've been told this by two regularising who are not in the know or have any links to the club.
  • Scabbles said:
    AndyG said:
    Croydon said:
    AndyG said:
    His old man was really pushing for a contract for him when he was on Valley Pass. Whilst at the same time slagging off George Dobson! That managed to even rile Scotty Minto. 

I am not a massive fan of his old man as a result of his Valley Pass appearances. 
    Completely agree - in fact I used to use his time in front of Valley Pass as the perfect time to go to the toilet, fridge, kettle.
  • Sponsored links:

•  mendonca said:
    Scabbles said:
    AndyG said:
    Croydon said:
    AndyG said:

Completely agree - in fact I used to use his time in front of Valley Pass as the perfect time to go to the toilet in the fridge, or kettle. 👍🏻

• Scabbles said:
    AndyG said:
    Croydon said:
    AndyG said:

Dobson is such a funny one though. 

You won't find a Charlton, Wimbledon or Walsall fan that doesn't rate him (including me before anyone jumps in).  Even the Sunderland forums said he wasn't given a chance/should have played more.

Minto, quite often, tried to push the conversation on to how good he is and Curbs often deflected the praise to Gilbey, or others.

Lee Johnson didn't rate Dobson, so much so they paid him to leave, Adkins didn't really want him.  You can make jokes but unless you have been a professional football manger...   

He was a standout player for Wimbledon last season, our player of the year (by a long way) yet there has been no mention of any championship interest at all.  That really surprised me.

What do we see, or more importantly don't we see, that the professionals do?

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Scabbles said:
    AndyG said:
    Croydon said:
    AndyG said:

You won't find a Charlton, Wimbledon or Walsall fan that doesn't rate him (including me before anyone jumps in).  Even the Sunderland forums said he wasn't given a chance/should have played more.

Minto, quite often, tried to push the conversation on to how good he is and Curbs often deflected the praise to Gilbey, or others.

Lee Johnson didn't rate Dobson, so much so they paid him to leave, Adkins didn't really want him.  You can make jokes but unless you have been a professional football manger...   

He was a standout player for Wimbledon last season, our player of the year (by a long way) yet there has been no mention of any championship interest at all.  That really surprised me.

Pace, and the even more physical nature of the Championship, League 1 is his level.
  • TEL said:
    cabbles said:
    That’s Matthews in Cyprus and Lee in non league.  I think they’re both better than the levels they’re now playing at, but it highlights how far off we were challenging last season.  

Be interesting to see where Leko goes if Birmingham don’t want him again this year.
    He will end up somewhere like the A League or J League....about his level.
    Birmingham paid a million for Leko. What did for him was that injury at QPR. I have sympathy for him.
    I heard £600,000 - still significant. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scabbles said:
    AndyG said:
    Croydon said:
    AndyG said:

It might just be because of his look! Gilbey looks a proper footballer. Walks like one too off the pitch.
  • edited July 2022
    I thought the Sunderland fans said Dobson was rubbish. "Like a dog with a balloon" was one quote that will stick in the memory.
  • edited July 2022
    mendonca said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scabbles said:
    AndyG said:
    Croydon said:
    AndyG said:

It might just be because of his look! Gilbey looks a proper footballer. Walks like one too off the pitch.
    Shame he doesn’t play like one eh?
  • edited July 2022
    Rob7Lee said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scabbles said:
    AndyG said:
    Croydon said:
    AndyG said:

Pace, and the even more physical nature of the Championship, League 1 is his level.
    We’ll see about that. I don’t recall Josh Cullen or Kristian Bielik being blessed with pace either.