Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Elliot Lee - gone to Wrexham (p15)

Comments

• Options
    Class player, but he's been virtually our only creative force for the past month or so. His job has been made even more difficult with the absence of Stockley and Washington. Needs a rest, but hope we sign him permanently.
  • Options
    I’d like to see us try him up front now - he’s played there a couple of times before and can’t be any worse than Leko has been recently.

Another one who has experience playing in a front two at a former club is DJ…

Lee and DJ up front might not be a bad surprise duo for these next couple of home games.
  • Options
    IMO needs to drop some weight and get fitter. There's a player there. Also needs to not attempt anymore overhead kicks. 
  • Options
    I’d like to see us try him up front now - he’s played there a couple of times before and can’t be any worse than Leko has been recently.

Lee and DJ up front might not be a bad surprise duo for these next couple of home games.
    Agreed

He's played up front for Luton before, indeed he's more comfortable there than as part of a midfield 3
  • Options
    Lee and Dj uptop as the front two will give me nightmares 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Can it be worse than recent Leko performances? 

I’m not opposed to keeping Burstow in the team at all. I think he was better at Wigan than many gave credit and his instinct for the ball in the penalty area will mean he grabs goals even when he’s not “on form” so to speak. 

Just suggesting a couple of alternatives to the three options of Leko, Burstow and a young Kanu.
  • Options
    No objection to Lee playing up front in the circumstances however I would be gutted if we signed him to play up front. 

I wouldn't sign Lee, for no other reason that he is a 10 and can sort of do a job in other positions.  I don't think we will plan to play with a 10 going foward, not with Fraser and Dobson. 
  • Options
    Can it be worse than recent Leko performances? 

I’m not opposed to keeping Burstow in the team at all. I think he was better at Wigan than many gave credit and his instinct for the ball in the penalty area will mean he grabs goals even when he’s not “on form” so to speak. 

Just suggesting a couple of alternatives to the three options of Leko, Burstow and a young Kanu.
    It's an alright shout, i know you wern't suggesting those two together. Burstow with Lee just behind maybe.
  • Options

For the paying customer, it wouldn't be a nice surprise 😂
  • Options
    Shame how it went in the end for both Elliot and the Club. Was expected to be a perfect fit.

Was he the victim of the change in system, or forwards being out injured, or simply couldn't mix up his play and deliver consistently for an entire season?

Or was it all the fan singing that got him excitable in front of the goal?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Luton have released him 
  • Options
    Please no. 
  • Options
    No thanks. Would be accepting mediocrity if we signed him 
  • Options
    I think he’s slightly better than mediocre but I still wouldn’t sign him . It’s. Sideways move 
  • Options
    Previously proven he’s better than mediocrity. As a squad player I’d take him but we already have a few of them in midfield and do need better. 
  • Options
    yh was absolutely gutted he didn’t produce at the end but maybe he would be better in a different formation who knows? 
  • Options
    No thanks .  He was dire from February onwards; Gilbey got a lot of stick and rightly
    so but Lee was as bad 
  • Options
    If Jackson was still in charge we probably would have. Not now.
  • Options
    Not really sure where Lee will end up - mid table league 1 feels about right to me (yes, I know where we finished...)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Morgan  Gilbey  Lee  Leco. 
    The perfect 4 if you want to finish bottom half of league one. 
    Will probably burn quite a lot of your budget too. 
  • Options
    He would be a good signing for Jacko at Afc or maybe joining his brother at Gills. 
  • Options
    I am not suggesting we sign him but we never played him in his position did we.  Even his dad said so on CATV.

• Options
    After about 3 games I’d have had him in the squad, unfortunately he didn’t continue and do enough to earn a contract , if one was in the offing.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I am not suggesting we sign him but we never played him in his position did we.  Even his dad said so on CATV.

What was his position then? I'd have thought the attacking one of a midfield three would've suited him. 
  • Options
    It’s a no from me. Squad player at best.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

What was his position then? I'd have thought the attacking one of a midfield three would've suited him. 
    He played as the attacking one in a 4 or wide in a front 3 for Luton and Oxford.  Not majorly different, but different enough.

Still wouldn't want him anyway.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Talal said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

He played as the attacking one in a 4 or wide in a front 3 for Luton and Oxford.  Not majorly different, but different enough.

Still wouldn't want him anyway.
    Yes barely any difference at all especially at the tip of a diamond.

It's a real head scratcher for me where it all went so wrong for Lee. He was pivotal to the team when he played well, he wanted to be at Charlton, had the love of the fans and the manager.