Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Elliot Lee - gone to Wrexham (p15)

Comments

• Options
    Amazing how 3 pages back, people feel the need to choose who is the front runner for player of the season! 

Come on Elliot, we've seen what you can do. Remainder of the season is him playing for a contract now which appeared a dead cert at one stage. Hopefully a new CM in this week so we can rotate. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    He was really unlucky with the chance in the first half that Chucks created/bundled across to him , got a decent enough shot in that their keeper did well to save but definitely off the boil like most of them since that Jacko honeymoon period .
  • Options
    Does not work hard enough. Albie has replaced him because of his poor set piece delivery . Needs to be strong and not lose the ball as much as he does. Stop singing about him and maybe he will improve. Don’t start him next league game. 
  • Options
    Dare I say it, a Johnny William's replacement!
  • Options
    Thought he was very poor yesterday, Gilby much better in that roll imho.
  • Options
    Thought he was very poor yesterday, Gilby much better in that roll imho.
    Agree. Lost the ball in some key areas. Tries hard but doesn't generate much of anything.
  • Options
    Been poor from the Ipswich game 
  • Options
    Gilbey came on when the game was stretched, Fleetwood had to commit players forward leaving gaps at the back. Up until this win, the poor run has highlighted two players who players who were an absolute threat in Jacko's first games in charge, Lee and DJ. The loss of the two forwards in Stockley and Washington has disrupted the side, Lee is a good player and will regain form.
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Gilbey came on when the game was stretched, Fleetwood had to commit players forward leaving gaps at the back. Up until this win, the poor run has highlighted two players who players who were an absolute threat in Jacko's first games in charge, Lee and DJ. The loss of the two forwards in Stockley and Washington has disrupted the side, Lee is a good player and will regain form.
    I hope you are right.  Given how he’s performed over his 20 or so games, he’s not someone I would like to make permanent.  Need a lot more in the run in to suggest he can be part of a promotion winning team

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Does not work hard enough. Albie has replaced him because of his poor set piece delivery . Needs to be strong and not lose the ball as much as he does. Stop singing about him and maybe he will improve. Don’t start him next league game. 
    This is the complete opposite to what I see. I think he works very hard, and you often see him putting in hard years to get back and help in the defending. The coaching staff have the stats, and considering he has been off the boil lately I feel he would have been dropped, ahead of Gilbey, if he was not putting the effort in. Though I think he will be dropped now, and rightly so, and may find it hard to get back into the team if we sign a new attacking midfielder. 

I feel the problem is, alongside his lack of pace is that he is also lacking in confidence, playing slightly out of position, and has a habit of keeping the ball for to long (though it’s not like we necessarily have the most dynamic midfield and forward line currently for him to find passes).

To be honest in surprised we have not tried to play him in his more natural forward position, because having him, probably, drop in deeper off the defenders instead of standing on the line like all our other forwards do, would give us more options to pass through the middle. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    He’s not that good 
  • Options
    I think he’s needed a rest for weeks.
    Looked fatigued several games ago but perhaps has played on because he wants that contract and because we don’t have many options. 
    He’s undoubtedly a good player. Hopefully some time on the bench will revitalise him. 
    Seems to have worked for Morgan.
  • Options
    cazo said:
    Been poor from the Ipswich game 
    From memory he was wasteful then as well. He just takes a second too long in possession, usually in crucial areas. 
  • Options
    Not sure why the threads that are dedicated specifically to Lee and Morgan are getting pounded, reckon there's a few players who are far worse than both of them at the moment..
  • Options
    Played well against Norwich was his last decent performance.  He is in inconsistent performer, too many went overboard with his initial performances and too many now writing him off now.  He has been a decent loan signing and would be a decent addition to the squad for next season, the key to getting a promotion squad is to get someone better than him in the starting line up so he can then become a bloody good squad player. 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Not sure why the threads that are dedicated specifically to Lee and Morgan are getting pounded, reckon there's a few players who are far worse than both of them at the moment..
    15 comments on this thread since December = getting pounded?

• Options
    Dunno why we don't sing songs about players that deserve it.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Gribbo said:

Alright, so the thread ain't getting pounded, but Lee himself seems to be getting a higher proportion of the flack in other threads than players who are arguably more deserving of it.

Would you not agree with that?

• Options
    So if we don’t sing about him he’ll improve and we don’t sing about Albie Morgan and he’s improved 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @Gribbo

Nobody is giving Lee a pounding. It makes more sense to discuss individual players on their individual thread right? I for one, would love to see him signed but he needs to show can last the whole season, else he will be rotated and that's the main reason he wants to leave Luton.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Gribbo said:

• Options
    mendonca said:
    @Gribbo

Nobody is giving Lee a pounding. It makes more sense to discuss individual players on their individual thread right? I for one, would love to see him signed but he needs to show can last the whole season, else he will be rotated and that's the main reason he wants to leave Luton.
    I'm not standing up for one player in front of any other mate, I just think some of the criticism is a little bit misdirected.

Dobson was getting it in a similar way a few months ago, while the very same players got off with it relatively lightly then as they seem to be doing now.  
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Croydon said:
    Gribbo said:

Alright, so the thread ain't getting pounded, but Lee himself seems to be getting a higher proportion of the flack in other threads than players who are arguably more deserving of it.

None of it is unfair criticism though. I don't think anyone has performed as poorly as him recently and kept their place in the starting line up. 

• Options
    mendonca said:
    I said the same to my son yesterday.
    He's definitely showing similar traits.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Gribbo said:
    Croydon said:
    Gribbo said:

None of it is unfair criticism though. I don't think anyone has performed as poorly as him recently and kept their place in the starting line up. 

Agree that he's definitely been out of sorts, but I just don't think he's anywhere near as bad as you're making out. And that's nothing to do with who his old man is
  • Options
    I'd be disappointed if we signed him permanently, but that's the case for all our loan players (bar maybe Famewo). If we're serious about promotion, then none of the players on loan should be considered for permanent moves.

This lot are lower mid table and not really showing anything that would suggest they could achieve more than that next season

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Nothing is quite coming off for him at the moment, he's having a severe case of the Lisbie-itis (always looks like he's about to do something great but it's never quite there). But it's ridiculous that JJ has kept starting him, we have all said he clearly needs a rest. Bring him out for a few games and I bet he'll come back refreshed and like a new player. 

I still like him and I think in good form, he would be a good player. He doesn't hide even when he's not playing well and I think that's why he gets stick. 

Still top for assists, btw.
  • Options
    I think he would be a decent squad player but not a starter. Sadly I suspect he wants the money of a starter and hence we should probably look to replace him end of season.