Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Elliot Lee - gone to Wrexham (p15)

Comments

• Options
    Should he had a pen in the second half?
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Looked like he simply fell over from my angle - Didnt look as though he was trying to dive either
  • Options
    I didn’t think so, but I reckon Burstow had a decent shout. 
  • Options
    I didn’t think so, but I reckon Burstow had a decent shout. 
    Nah that was initially outside the area... Definite free kick though I felt
  • Options
    Would have been soft.
  • Options
    Doesn't Will Shearer look a bit like @AFKABartram at the same age?
  • Options
    Dunno, but is that Rylan in the middle?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Fumbluff said:
    Someone who goes by the name of Elliot Lee 🤔xD
  • Options
    Teeth aren’t white enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Doesn't Will Shearer look a bit like @AFKABartram at the same age?

poor Will if only someone could tell him what he would be like in 20 years time :o
  • Options
    I hope we sign him on a permanent contract 🤞🏼🤞🏼
  • Options
    Elliot don't feel the cold like the other 3 either - sign him up  
  • Options
    So important to our style of play. Would like him on a perm asap, then JJ/Euell coach slightly betted set pieces and finishing ;) 

Kirk should try to put pressure on him for this role in the team and show we don't need him on a perm.
  • Options
    Bit disappointing. Could do better.
  • Options
    Looked like Lee, Gilbey, Dobson and DJ may turn out to have COVID in some form. They all looked knackered after the first 20 minutes.
  • Options
    Vastly overrated by many on here. Not good enough for us moving forward. 
    Think sometimes people on here overrate us as opposed to some of the players we have tbh
  • Options
    Lee does tend to disappear for periods of games.

But on a positive front, he has developed a really good understanding of Washington's strengths with some great balls over the top for conor to run on to. This has brought us a couple of goals of late. 

Add the cute pass for gilbey v ipswich, which I don't think anyone else in our team has in their locker.

So weighing it all up I'd certainly rather have him than not but he maybe needs  someone else to push him a bit for that position to bring more out of him.
  • Options
    Spot on. Average league 1 player
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spot on. Average league 1 player
    I agree. I’ve not really understood the hype.
  • Options
    #1 in our squad for assists
  • Options
    Todays scapegoat it would seem!
  • Options
    Form has dipped a bit recently under the weight of being the white Pele.
  • Options
    The new johnny Williams 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Todays scapegoat it would seem!
    5 comments suggesting he's been a bit disappointing of late (and he has) and overrated by some, does not mean he is being scapegoated. 5 comments!
    Fair enough, haven’t even read post match thread, but wasn’t referring to (and can’t see immediately above) any comments about him being a bit disappointing of late? I was responding to the ones about him being ‘vastly overrated’, ‘not good enough for us’, ‘average league one player’, ‘never understood the hype’…

all of which to me are gross overreactions for somebody who has had some excellent games for us and in my opinion looked one of our most dangerous players most of the season, and even today arguably despite him not playing well. This is Vs  Gilbey for example who has been ineffectual for enormous parts of his time with us but is flavour of the month at the moment cos he’s doing a lot of running ( I also quite like gilbey, although clearly neither are bielik/cullen/aribo)
  • Options
    My mistake , just seen nelsonsleftfoot which was a more measured and fair assessment , and which I’ve liked. The rest seem a touch like scapegoating to me!
  • Options
    FAVADDICK said:
    The new johnny Williams 
    Agreed. Like Jonny it’s clear to see there’s bags of talent there. But is he able to pull it together for long periods of a game? 
  • Options
    Good enough for us as a squad player. Has the energy we need in the middle but don’t believe he has the fitness to be starting every game and consistently playing 90 minutes.

Looking at the stats he started 36 league games for Luton in their promotion season. Not sure where to find how often he was subbed off but expect it happened fairly regularly.

He’ll get his fair share of goals and assists if he gets a run of starts here and there or gives us a new attacking threat from the bench.

At the moment we’re using him like a box to box midfielder with no alternative. No surprise he’s tiring and looking like an average L1 player. He was a striker or number 10 in a diamond at Luton.

You need good squad options to get promoted and he ticks that box for me.