Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Elliot Lee - gone to Wrexham (p15)

Comments

• Options
    Reminds me a lot of Paul Smyth.

Not sure if that is a good thing or not.
    Much much better than Smyth. You only nerd to look at their goal scoring records.

I never remember players & had trouble thinking if it was Elliot or his brother that scored against us last season. Good to read on  here that it was the Gillingham Lee, but having seem the goals he's scored for Luton then glad to know its the better of the 2.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    & in the Championship for Luton...

1;45, goal

0:20, assist

1:35, goal (bonus satisfying ball hitting net sound)
  • Options
    edited August 2021
  • Options
    Good beard
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Hal1x said:
    This is an indication of how far we've fallen, I understand that it seems right that Robert Lee's boy has turned up (and he still owes us for that autobiography!), but he's a surplus player from Oxford, on loan! and we're mostly happy! I know its wrong to feel that we should be entitled to better, but we deserve better! Its another body, but it actually feels like a cynical move, knowing it will be a popular sentimental loan akin to throwing us a bone to keep us quiet.
    He's from Luton. He was on loan at Oxford, and the fans wanted to keep him there over anyone else, judging by a poll shared earlier. 

I don't think he is an amazing player who will transform us but he's better than what we have at the moment. Oxford are a very good passing team so he's going to have technical ability, which we sorely lack. 

"I know it's wrong to feel that we should be entitled to better." You said it, not me!
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Major said:
    Hal1x said:
    This is an indication of how far we've fallen, I understand that it seems right that Robert Lee's boy has turned up (and he still owes us for that autobiography!), but he's a surplus player from Oxford, on loan! and we're mostly happy! I know its wrong to feel that we should be entitled to better, but we deserve better! Its another body, but it actually feels like a cynical move, knowing it will be a popular sentimental loan akin to throwing us a bone to keep us quiet.
    It's called League 1.
    And the Owner and management are not your enemy.
    Never said they were. We were however told that we were going to smash the league, which I feel is difficult without a left back and a weaker team than last years, 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Chunes said:
    Hal1x said:
    He's from Luton. He was on loan at Oxford, and the fans wanted to keep him there over anyone else, judging by a poll shared earlier. 

I don't think he is an amazing player who will transform us but he's better than what we have at the moment. Oxford are a very good passing team so he's going to have technical ability, which we sorely lack. 

"I know it's wrong to feel that we should be entitled to better." You said it, not me!
    Oxford / Luton, all these Northern powerhouse teams seem the same to me.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Chunes said:
    Hal1x said:

Oxford / Luton, all these Northern powerhouse teams seem the same to me.
    Well Luton are in the division above and we're not going to be signing anyone they want to keep. 
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Hate to break it to you but Mbappe is likely to sign for Real Madrid over us.

I believe Elliot Lee to be a good player for us at our level.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:

• Options
    Well, I just came from making a somewhat miserable post on another thread so it's great to find something positive.

Maybe some boffin can list other father-son Charlton players (?).
  • Options
    I might have missed it, but is there any connection playing-wise between Lee and Gilbey? 

I saw that Gibley was particulary pleased to see him join on twitter, just wondered if they'd played together or not. 
  • Options
    Watching those clips, it looks like Robbo deployed him more as a striker, good that we can mix it up.  Just need quality around him to feed him the ball. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I might have missed it, but is there any connection playing-wise between Lee and Gilbey? 

I saw that Gibley was particulary pleased to see him join on twitter, just wondered if they'd played together or not. 
    They know each other, he mentions it in his interview. Presumably from Lee’s two loan spells at Colchester where Gilbey started his career.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    6 goals in 18 for Oxford last season, 24 in 93 for Luton. It is clear why he has been signed as our midfield needs goals in it. Good signing I think.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

They know each other, he mentions it in his interview. Presumably from Lee’s two loan spells at Colchester where Gilbey started his career.

Thanks. 

Don't know much about him but from what I've read it seems like him and Stockley could work really well together. 

Hope he hits the ground running. 
  • Options
    Good signing, happy with it.  Not sure it fits into Nigel's prefferred 433, and if he wanted to desperately sign him then Shinnie is the perfect match for him and Stockley as the provider.

This is a fine signing, but just as important is that this team needs pace down the flanks.  We've not got it at right fb, so they desperately need to get it at lb and really lm.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Tbh when I heard he was Robert Lee's son, I didn't think for a minute that was the reason he was signed.

If Robert Lee was always hanging around the training ground and the Valley, or was best mates with NA or Gallen then maybe so but, to my knowledge, that ain't the case.

Personally willing to give him a chance. Reckon he looks solid enough from the clips 

• Options
    Just for the avoidance of doubt...

10th March 84 v Grimsby - 1
    21st April 84 v Portsmouth - 2
    7th May 84 v Fulham - 1

20th October 84 v Shrewsbury - 1
    17th November 84 v Birmingham - 1
    15th December 84 v Man City - 1
    29th December 84 v Grimsby - 3
    2nd March 84 v Barnsley - 1
    7th May 85 v Oxford - 1

21st September 85 v Stoke - 1

Robert Lee scored 13 Goals in total at The Valley for Charlton
    No, no, no, you've made that up. He only scored one AT THE VALLEY. I read it on here.
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Watching those clips, it looks like Robbo deployed him more as a striker, good that we can mix it up.  Just need quality around him to feed him the ball. 
    I believe we will be deploying him at left back.  
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Just for the avoidance of doubt...

10th March 84 v Grimsby - 1
    21st April 84 v Portsmouth - 2
    7th May 84 v Fulham - 1

20th October 84 v Shrewsbury - 1
    17th November 84 v Birmingham - 1
    15th December 84 v Man City - 1
    29th December 84 v Grimsby - 3
    2nd March 84 v Barnsley - 1
    7th May 85 v Oxford - 1

21st September 85 v Stoke - 1

Robert Lee scored 13 Goals in total at The Valley for Charlton
    No, no, no, you've made that up. He only scored one AT THE VALLEY. I read it on here.
    Sorry....my bad.

It was almost 40 years ago. I remember him scoring in the last match in 1985 & assumed as he was sub that day that he didnt play much before that season. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Well, I just came from making a somewhat miserable post on another thread so it's great to find something positive.

Maybe some boffin can list other father-son Charlton players (?).
    Keith and Gavin Peacock
    Colin and Chris Powell
    Nicky Forster and Jake Forster-Caskey (if you count step sons)

I believe that’s it.
    Ged and Jacob Roddy